X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ExEODCDR
    • Apr 2011

1930's Vintage Speed Bag Repaired!

Here's are two videos on my 1930's Vintage Everlast Speed Bag! It's got a side fill bladder. I got her to hold air and hit on her last night! She's a beast, but fun. It took me a while to re-adjust to hitting my smaller Ringside bag after my workout! My first foray into video posting!

Here's the "repair" video:

I had to repair it a second time with a larger patch on the seam, I used the industrial cement and folded the patch over the seam and clamped it for 48 hrs. Forgot to take pics of that part. It works well!

-----------

Here's the video of the bag in action! I need a bigger drum... and more muscles!!! The bag is a BEAST!!! I cut in some action with my 6x9 Ringside at the end to compare the two side-by-side. Fun!

I tried to narrate as I was hitting, hope you can understand me! I know we've got some history buffs on here. If you've got any info on the bladder I'd like to hear about it. I researched and the only thing I found is that the Seamless Rubber Company had a big fire, went out of business, and is now getting turned into a modern day shopping mall...

Vintage Bagging Baby!
    -
    Owner/Operator
    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

OUCH... that looks like you're punching an old tire innertube...painful. Great job on the rehab though. After hitting that for awhile, I'll bet the Ringside is a breeze!

Cheers.
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Great stuff. Did you mention the size of it, length and width?

You were wondering if they did fancy bagging back in the '30s. Have you looked at any of the old bagging books, like this one from 1913?

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2802

Comment

• Heppsan
        • Jan 2011

Cool videos!!

Great pictures there to paranday!

Comment

• larted
          • Mar 2009

Great job. It looked like a fun project. Something I would like to do.
          Larry

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Great job of saving a historical bag. I notice the bag extends almost half way past the board, hitting on the slope above the belly. This looks to create a "spring" effect to the rebound.
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Very Nice

I totally want one!!! A good power workout on the bag is always nice! Great job on the restoration!
              sigpic

Comment

• paranday
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Sep 2009

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                I totally want one!!! A good power workout on the bag is always nice! Great job on the restoration!
                If Ralph gets the Jim Bradley franchise, they have a huge bag in their line up, as far as I know the biggest bag in production today. I totally want one!!! (And their kangaroo pro bag too.)

Comment

• MaccZero8
                  • Mar 2011

That thing is frickin HUGE.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                    • Apr 2011

Thanks for the comments!!! It was a fun project!

It's 16"x10", but with thick leather it's also heavy! You can hear my punches, they really sink into the bag. I tried it with different pressures in the bag, it is a good power workout either way, but definitely faster the higher the pressure!

Alan-- you're right about that "spring" effect too! I'm wanting to build a wider board sometime soon just to see how it'll differ...? I knocked myself in the nose trying to do some linking - made my eyes water for a few minutes!!! LOL!!
                    -
                    Owner/Operator
                    www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...