• Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Freddie Roach's Punching Bag Training

Anyone seen this?

It has some speed bag content:

Speed Bag – Discover proper stance, beginning strikes, alternate hitting routines and more… Advance to unique punching drills, slipping and movement exercises, and perfecting the left hook.

• Chris M
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2006

I ordered it two days ago. I should be getting it soon. I'll let you know what I think about it.

It was on sale for $9.99 or close to that, I figured I didn't have much to lose.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris M
      I ordered it two days ago. I should be getting it soon. I'll let you know what I think about it.

It was on sale for $9.99 or close to that, I figured I didn't have much to lose.
      cool...

Comment

• Chris M
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Mar 2006

Well, I got my video today and I've watched it twice now. The video is divided into three parts and is about 40 minutes long.

The first half is all on the heavy bag and discusses basic techniques.

The last half is 10 minutes of speed bag and 10 minutes of the double end bag. The speed bag portion is very very basic and Freddie teaches the basic FCP in triplet rhythym. The last part of the speed bag is practicing left hooks. That's about it. I was somewhat disappointed in the speed bag part because it was very basic.

The last part is on the double end bag and again it is very basic but since I've never gotten any instruction on one, I did find it interesting. I think a double end bag is going to be my next investment, but it sure looks like one of those could wear you out quickly!

It's worth the $10 or so, but don't expect to learn much on the speed bag part unless you are really a beginner.

Alan's video is much better and much more comprehensive.

I've got to admit I didn't really know who Freddie Roach is. I'm sure he was quite a boxer given his credentials, but damn, he sures talks like he's taken a lot of head shots.
        Last edited by Chris M; 04-14-2006, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Thanks for posting that. Do you mind if I move that paticular post over to the "Reviews" forum?

Comment

• Chris M
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Tim
            Thanks for posting that. Do you mind if I move that paticular post over to the "Reviews" forum?
            Not at all. I would have posted it there to begin with but I decided to post the reply here instead.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...