• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryzies
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2006

1st post

been a fan of the forum for a while now...decided i would join up and contribute...i'm looking for a new bag now...probably going to go with the title 8x5 and have a question about swivels...i've read all the posts on here already about swivels...do people really not like using the chain link system?...they look like they'd be very smooth...right now i have one of the plastic ball ones and i don't like it too much so i was wondering what else is out there...
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by ryzies
    been a fan of the forum for a while now...decided i would join up and contribute...i'm looking for a new bag now...probably going to go with the title 8x5 and have a question about swivels...i've read all the posts on here already about swivels...do people really not like using the chain link system?...they look like they'd be very smooth...right now i have one of the plastic ball ones and i don't like it too much so i was wondering what else is out there...
    I started on the chain link and I'm now on the everlast metal ball and hook and I won't ever go back

What specifically don't you like about the plastic one you have now ?

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

I first upgraded from the plastic ball hook to the Everlast chain link and it was terrible. Find a metal ball hook on Ebay, but as has been said before in other posts here, make sure you write to the seller and ask him if it's metal or plastic, regardless of the picture and description. Some of us have been ripped off by a certain buyer named "The Brown Box".

Comment

• ryzies
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • May 2006

the plastic one isn't horrible but it feels like a fake feel...the metal one would probably be good...i bought a chain link just to see how it is...then if i don't like it, i'll just put it on my outside bag...i'm gonna go look on ebay now for one of the metal ball ones

Comment

• Chris M
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Mar 2006

the plastic one isn't horrible but it feels like a fake feel...the metal one would probably be good...i bought a chain link just to see how it is...then if i don't like it, i'll just put it on my outside bag...i'm gonna go look on ebay now for one of the metal ball ones

Do not buy from the seller by the name of "The Brown Box"! He advertises metal ball hooks but sends plastic. He got me for nearly $25 for a plastic one and he also got one other forum member here. I finally did get a couple of metal ones but I learned my lesson and sent the seller an email asking them to confirm the item looked identical to the one in the picture. BEWARE!!!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
          Working...