• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morphiusrt
    • Mar 2019

New guy looking for bag suggestions

Hello Everyone,

Been speedbagging for about a 2 months now and I'm just wondering if there are any bags I should try out. I like to go very fast but I don't like my bag too small as I am still learning new combos. I love my Cleto Reyes one, I'm just wondering if there is anything a better or maybe comparable that I should try. My wife has been getting into it too so we are making another bag setup for her. She likes the Cleto Reyes bag also so I'm going to be buying another bag soon.

I currently own the following:

- Title Super Speed Bag 5x8 I feel like you have to put way more effort into this one.

- Cleto Reyes 7x10 favorite by far

- Boxeo XXS 4x7 I bought because it was like $15 with discount code

- This crappy bag and setup which I use nothing from anymore
  • COOP
    • Mar 2018

Replace the bladder in the title super speed bag with an everlast small bladder #4230. The bag will be much more lively on rebounds.

Comment

• morphiusrt
      • Mar 2019

Originally posted by COOP View Post
      Replace the bladder in the title super speed bag with an everlast small bladder #4230. The bag will be much more lively on rebounds.
      That part# comes up with a double ended bag bladder. 4232 comes up as a speed bag bladder. Is that correct? I don't know anything about replacing bladders. Just want to be sure before I buy it.

Comment

• COOP
        • Mar 2018

#4230 is the one I put in that same bag. The #4232 is the larger size. Some people on our forum like to get the title orange replacement bladder too. You can find the everlast ones on Ebay cheap and most actually will ship and come from Forza sports.
        Last edited by COOP; 03-26-2019, 08:21 AM.

Comment

• COOP
          • Mar 2018

I read maybe what u read, the #4230 fits some double end bags and smaller speed bags, including your 5 x 8.

Comment

• COOP
            • Mar 2018

There is a how to video on youtube from Title boxing on how to replace a speed bag bladder, and they use the same yellow 5 x 8 bag you have. May help you decide if its within your abilities to do.

Comment

• morphiusrt
              • Mar 2019

Originally posted by COOP View Post
              I read maybe what u read, the #4230 fits some double end bags and smaller speed bags, including your 5 x 8.
              Swapping that bladder made a huge difference in that bag. I often use it and think wow this is just as good as my Reyes bag. Then I put the Reyes bag on and realize how much of a superior bag the Reyes still is.

I think I'm going to get a small 6x9 Reyes bag when they become available again. I was going to get the Balazs Lazer but I read a couple of reviews that to me just kind of turned me back to the Reyes one.

Unless there is another comparable bag anyone can recommend.

Comment

• riqal
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by morphiusrt View Post
                Swapping that bladder made a huge difference in that bag. I often use it and think wow this is just as good as my Reyes bag. Then I put the Reyes bag on and realize how much of a superior bag the Reyes still is.

I think I'm going to get a small 6x9 Reyes bag when they become available again. I was going to get the Balazs Lazer but I read a couple of reviews that to me just kind of turned me back to the Reyes one.

Unless there is another comparable bag anyone can recommend.
                Oh the Balazs 8x5 is such an awesome bag. When I first got it I wasn’t too impressed because it seemed off balance. I may have written a negative review on Amazon, but after months of using it the bag now hits just fine. Hefty price, but worth it if you are serious about it.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...