• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 79rhino
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2010

Getting decent platforms shipped outside the US

Hey guys,
    I've taken ages getting the equipment for my home gym organized. Doesn't help that my job is so busy... Anyway it took my a long time to research how to have a platform shipped out here to Australia (can't find anyone that stocks decent adjustable platforms here - unbelievable!). Title were going to charge me around about 200% of the purchase price just to ship one of their adjustable setups. So I was looking at around $250 (for the platform) plus I think $490 for shipping!

Anyway, for anyone of you who hasn't heard of mail forwarding companies - they work! The cheapest I could find was https://www.borderlinx.com/ which allows you to set up a US or UK postal address for free (and take advantage of free US domestic shipping) and they will send your stuff on to you. You can even hold multiple items from different stores for 30 days & they'll package them together & send as one shipment to save money.

I finally chose a valor ca-2 platform $239 (from rock bottom golf - good service). Shipping then only cost $243.91. In all still damn expensive but not so much that it stopped me getting it shipped. So I saved about $240. Worth looking into if you want equipment you can't get in Oz. You just need to know the package dimensions.

Also, Ralph is doing an awesome job securing me some other equipment (essentially helped me find some equivalent gear to brand name kit at half the price!) & it seems like he can ship internationally very cheaply. Contact Ralph if you are looking for kit - excellent service!

Hope this helps anyone in a similar position still not cheap but saves some coin.

Now just have to find some time to attach my fancy new Powermill from Jumpcannon & mount this damn platform!!
    Last edited by 79rhino; 05-31-2011, 08:24 AM.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...