• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fedora
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Dec 2012

Everlast 4200, NOS or just new?

I just bought this bag off ebay. I love the 9x6s, so I hope it will be a decent performer. It looks unused, but is it brand new or an older model? I don't recall seeing any like it on the recent Everlast websites but I'm not versed well enough in bag history to know. I paid $24.00 for it, hope I didn't over pay.

thanks fedora

Last edited by fedora; 07-19-2014, 12:26 AM.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fedora View Post
    I just bought this bag off ebay. I love the 9x6s, so I hope it will be a decent performer. It looks unused, but is it brand new or an older model? I don't recall seeing any like it on the recent Everlast websites but I'm not versed well enough in bag history to know. I paid $24.00 for it, hope I didn't over pay.

thanks fedora

ventanakaz is right. It should be an awesome bag at a great price. I hit them for many years and it as always my favorite bag.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• fedora
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Dec 2012

Thanks for the info. I have just bought several spare bladders so I will be putting a new one in it.

fedora
      Last edited by fedora; 07-19-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• paranday
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2009

Did it have a red plastic bladder in it?

Comment

• fedora
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Dec 2012

Interestingly the seller said it didn't have a bladder. But it doesn't look like it was ever used and it makes me wonder what happened to the bladder. I suppose it could have been defective and popped after just a little use and then then pulled out and the bag never used again. Just a possibility.

fedora

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

The small to medium plastic bladders had a nasty habit of letting go at the seams, usually not to long after the initial inflation. I have run into quite a few of these that had the old TufWear #1 latex bladder in them.

Comment

• fedora
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Dec 2012

So I got this bag today and I'm not sure what I got. It had "made in china" on the bottom and the bottom yellow logo around the value hole disintegrated when I put the new bladder in. The leather smelled brand new and seemed fairly thick. It worked well, rebounded straight. When did this style of 4200s begin to be made in China? We will see how the seams hold up to punching.

fedora

Comment

• fedora
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2012

The shape is great. It looks exactly like this one. It is a lot heavier than my Title Black Pro 9x6. I was unsure about it's age since it was made in China.

fedora

Last edited by fedora; 07-22-2014, 10:10 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Looks like a relatively new bag, Everlast sent speed bag production to China after the sale and moving the headquarters to Missouri, about fifteen or so years ago.

Comment

• fedora
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2012

Thanks, that's what I figured. It's not a bad bag to hit on. I love the shape.

fedora

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...