• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gyrene2083
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2018

Broken Platform

Hello All,

My wife bought me an Everlast Heavy Bag/Speed Bag combo, two years ago, and after a while the speed bag platform started vibrating more than usual, so I tightened everything down, and put a 50lb sand bag on top. That helped some but it still had some vibration, so i researched on here and saw that using straps would help.

Well I used the strap, and let's just say this 'Ole Marine went one click too far and cracked my platform. My thoughts, as I have seen here, is to get some wood from Home Depot or Lowes, and drill holes into the new piece and glue both pieces together clamp them down and get longer screws. What are your thoughts?

Any help for this 'Ole Marine would be grateful. Below you will see a picture of the set I have.

-Semper Fi
    -Semper Fi
    gyrene2083
  • JoMan
    • Nov 2016

That would work. I doubled up my drum the exact same way

Comment

• gyrene2083
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2018

Originally posted by JoMan View Post
      That would work. I doubled up my drum the exact same way
      Thanks brother, I just wanted to have another set of eyes. I appreciate your response.
      -Semper Fi
      gyrene2083

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...