• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Cleto bladders, meh

I have three cleto bags and as you know they come with an extra bladder. Bonus? I'm not so sure. I find myself having to add a few pumps into each bag about every five days. Yet the cheap TKO Large bag has stayed fully pumped for at least a month now.

I really like the Cleto's but I'd much rather one good bladder instead of two that are not so good.

..and is it standard for the same size bladder to come with all sizes of their bags? Even the mini. I've yet to change out a bladder but I have the feeling I'll have to learn to sooner than later.
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

What you are encountering is one of the differences between a latex bladder and one that isn't. Latex bladders as a general rule are much livelier than plastic or butyl rubber bladders. The trade off is that latex is naturally more porous than the other bladders. Also you will get some air loss from the valve itself, this becomes more of an issue as the rubber in the pinch valve ages. The rubber becomes less pliable meaning that it doesn't stretch and return as well when you insert and remove the inflation needle.

Comment

• m.breen
      • Jan 2017

I don't recall ever having to put air into my large TKO bag, it is kinda nice. I paid $20 for that off kijiji.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

That's because it probably has a butyl rubber bladder. I can remember when both TKO and Century shipped their speed bags in display boxes already inflated. You can do that with butyl rubber.

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          What you are encountering is one of the differences between a latex bladder and one that isn't. Latex bladders as a general rule are much livelier than plastic or butyl rubber bladders. The trade off is that latex is naturally more porous than the other bladders. Also you will get some air loss from the valve itself, this becomes more of an issue as the rubber in the pinch valve ages. The rubber becomes less pliable meaning that it doesn't stretch and return as well when you insert and remove the inflation needle.
          Ah, some clarity on the situation. Thanks! It's not like its a real pain in the arse to pump on a regular basis, but.. it is a tad annoying.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

If you can figure out how to get this product inside a latex bladder, it should help keep them inflated longer.

ULTRA HI-FLOAT NEW! HI-SHINE HI-FLOAT-TRANSPORT BAGS Ultra HI-FLOAT Whether you’re a professional party planner or someone just looking to pump up the fun for a special event, HI-FLOAT has you covered. ULTRA HI-FLOAT inside a latex helium balloon makes it float an average of 25 times longer! Preview modal- Treats 50–9″ balloons. Pump Included. Preview…

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Update

I've found that the more time I spend with all my Cleto's the longer they hold their air At this rate they'll each need a few pumps a month, I can handle that.

My Les Paul's are the same way. They react much better, staying in tune etc when not neglected for long lengths of time. Better sell a few if I find they get in the way of my bag time

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
              Working...