• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

TITLE Quik-Tek Super Speed Bag?

Does anybody currently have one of these or at least had one of these bags in the past? The only review I've read is a 5* simply because the bladder change is easy with this particular speed bag. I almost bought one but then decided to hold off.. anybody?
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • Randy D
    • Feb 2008

I was wondering about these too. They have them marked down to 29.99 right now.

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Randy D View Post
      down to 29.99 right now.
      Yep, I saw that too. You first ??

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Randy D
        • Feb 2008

Ha ha, I'm tempted but I'm wondering if that access pocket on the bottom would be distracting.

Comment

• Randy D
          • Feb 2008

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
          Yep, I saw that too. You first ??
          Okay, I ordered one. Actually my wife did for my birthday present. I found a coupon code for 20% off and it worked. (20RMN) So, grand total including shipping was $32.94. Definitely worth a try for that. I'm hoping that the sizes are about the same as their regular Supers.
          Last edited by Randy D; 05-16-2018, 01:07 AM. Reason: Corrected coupon code

Comment

• BagBoy
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2018

Okay, I ordered one. Actually my wife did for my birthday present. I found a coupon code for 20% off and it worked. (RMN20) So, grand total including shipping was $32.94. Definitely worth a try for that. I'm hoping that the sizes are about the same as their regular Supers.
            Nice! For that price I can't imagine it being a bad deal in any way. Please do report back with your thoughts on it. Is the flap on the bottom distracting.. or/and unsightly?

Might go check out title now.. Damn! And I thought guitar collecting was crazy speed bags cost a lot less

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Speedbag
              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Okay, I ordered one. Actually my wife did for my birthday present. I found a coupon code for 20% off and it worked. (RMN20) So, grand total including shipping was $32.94. Definitely worth a try for that. I'm hoping that the sizes are about the same as their regular Supers.
              I tried the "RMN20" code and it didn't work....

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
              The Quest Continues...
              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Randy D
                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post

Oops, sorry. My goof! Try 20RMN. I had an over 50 moment...
                Last edited by Randy D; 05-16-2018, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• Randy D
                  • Feb 2008

Bag came today. Size wise it's exactly what I was hoping for and I like the teardrop shape. Here's a pic with Title 7x10 Turbo, Title 6x9 Quik-Tek Super and Title 6x9 Classic. Didn't have time to hit it more than a couple of minutes but the leather access disk on the bottom didn't seem to distract me other than I felt my knuckle brush the velcro a couple of times when my punches were off. Time will tell whether this will be a nuisance or just teach me to be more accurate. The Quik-Tek is not as lively as my classic but its bladder has been replaced with the good orange one. That's all I know for now. I'll update after I play with it some more.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Randy D; 05-18-2018, 11:25 PM.

Comment

• jaja6009
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Dec 2016

Sales of these bags could explode if the Godfather himself picks one up.
                    If it happens make sure Title gives you a cut. LOL.

Comment

• Randy D
                      • Feb 2008

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                      They should let him pick his favorite bag and sell an official Alan Kahn endorsed version with his autograph. They'd sell like hotcakes...

Comment

• Randy D
                        • Feb 2008

Anybody else get a Quik-tek yet?

Comment

• Speedbag
                          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post

They should let him pick his favorite bag and sell an official Alan Kahn endorsed version with his autograph. They'd sell like hotcakes...
                          Thanks guys, but I'm not sure my name on a bag would make any difference in speed bag sales. Would be nice though....but the way they change materials and manufacturers these days. whose to say that today's "quality bag" isn't Tomorrows crap. I seem to remember one Giant company that had "the best" bags around and now... well, maybe not.

I did get the code right a bought a stash of bags, however not the Quick-Tek. Not a fan of the patch attached to the bottom. That bag looks like the regular title brand bags with a patch on the bottom.
                          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                          The Quest Continues...
                          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Randy D
                            • Feb 2008

I did get the code right a bought a stash of bags, however not the Quick-Tek. Not a fan of the patch attached to the bottom. That bag looks like the regular title brand bags with a patch on the bottom.
                            Yeah, I can't make up my mind if I like the patch or not. I know I'd like it better if the patch were smaller. It will make it easier to change the bladder when it comes time but I've brushed my knuckles on it more than once. I'd buy another one if the price stayed at $29 but otherwise I'd probably just go with the regular bag. It is constructed well though and of good quality as would be expected from Title.

Comment

• jaja6009
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Dec 2016

Thanks guys, but I'm not sure my name on a bag would make any difference in speed bag sales. Would be nice though....but the way they change materials and manufacturers these days. whose to say that today's "quality bag" isn't Tomorrows crap. I seem to remember one Giant company that had "the best" bags around and now... well, maybe not.

A little off subject, but something at work was pretty cool.

I was talking to a coworker and somehow I mentioned that I like to hit the speed bag. I showed him a couple of my videos and then he says, "you hit the bag like Alan Kahn". I was shocked and said how do you know who Alan Kahn is? He said if you are on Youtube enough and look at boxing videos, you will eventually see an Alan Kahn video. He thought it was so cool that my forum pic is Alan and the others from last year's Speed Bag Gathering. A worker from the city Public Works used to go to the PAL building every morning and hit the bag with his copy of the Bible.

Some company should really make an Alan Kahn speed bag. I do not think that they may know what you have done for Speed bagging. Now that I talk about speed bagging I have realized that there are more people than I would think who have either seen Alan's videos, seen someone hit Bible style or even have a copy of the Speed Bag Bible. The people on this forum buy multiple bags, most others will have maybe one or two bags so I think that an Alan Kahn Kangaroo Leather Speed bag in a classic fat bellied shape would be perfect. Make it light weight with an orange bladder and have an embossed signature along with a copy of the Speed Bag Bible. With all the sales that you have inspired, it's the least they could do.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...