• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

How I Hung My Heavy Bag

Ok, so I got this bag at a garage sale for $25.00 and have been dying to put it up. My Century stand doesnt have weights to hold it in place, so every time I hit the bag, I was chasing the stand. Plus the bag was hanging too low. Got as cople of porch swing springs from Lowes. each spring is rated up to 300lbs, my bag weighs about 100 at the most ( I personally think it's about 60-80). this is how i hung it:
    Attached Files
    sigpic
  • rickeypj
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2012

HermesFinder joined speedbagforum

hi, we have joined speedbagforum. if you have seen us here, join and talk about us here.
    i am bill from www.hermesfinder.com, i used to work at www.hermes.com.
    we are a fashion hermes factory and we ship our Hermes bags replica worldwide.
    you will like us here

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Well hung...

Comment

• m14man
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Apr 2013

That is s good idea, I am going to have to try that for myself.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

That's not going anywhere....well done!
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Mogie
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Apr 2013

Nice setup. How is that spring holding up? I have a 100 lb heavy bag that i installed in between 2 joists. But when I am hitting it the whole kitchen floor is shaking like mad! I need to dampen this somehow.

Comment

• Salvatore Tortellini
              • Feb 2013

The spring makes all the difference in the world. I like to have at least a few links of chain in there also but if you don't have room the spring is more important. Much less shock and jarring on the joists. Also, I think a bag in the 60 to 80 lb range is excellent. Floyd Patterson's favorite weight for the heavy bag was 70 lbs. because the bag made him move when he threw combinations. Some bags are so heavy that they just hang. You need the movement unless you are going to fight statues.

Comment

• metaldad
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mogie View Post
                Nice setup. How is that spring holding up? I have a 100 lb heavy bag that i installed in between 2 joists. But when I am hitting it the whole kitchen floor is shaking like mad! I need to dampen this somehow.
                The spring's awesome. It's rated at 300#. However, the beam needs to be reinforced. When I would hit it, the bag itself was fine, the spring was holding up good but the beam I attached it to would start to vibrate really bad. I took it down and got some 2x4s to reinforce the crossbeams. Haven't set it up yet but will post pictures when I do
                sigpic

Comment

• life
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Sep 2014

Nice buy for 25.00 bucks

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...