• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    The basic DVD will cover a bit on equipment and 24 techniques and basic combinations using them. Plenty of information to keep you busy for a week or so.
    LOL, a week or so? it will probably keep me busier longer than that! how do i get the dvd bible version and add on disk 4?
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
      LOL, a week or so? it will probably keep me busier longer than that! how do i get the dvd bible version and add on disk 4?
      Just email me via the PM here or my website speedbagcentral.com contact page

we'll work out the details.

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Joe
        • May 2010

Alan -- Thanks for answering my PM. I sent out the letter tonight with payment. My wife was a little concerned she said "You're sending a 20 dollar bill to some guy who lives in a place called Waco?" But she pronounced it "WACKO".

I said "...seriously you didn't just say that... it's Waco. pronounced WAY-KO - you know the place has been in the news more than a few times in the course of our lives... She realized her error. She hates it when she says stupid stuff like that. I live for it.

...and shes the one with the Masters degree?!?!? WTF Ha!!
        sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Joe View Post
          Alan -- Thanks for answering my PM. I sent out the letter tonight with payment. My wife was a little concerned she said "You're sending a 20 dollar bill to some guy who lives in a place called Waco?" But she pronounced it "WACKO".

I said "...seriously you didn't just say that... it's Waco. pronounced WAY-KO - you know the place has been in the news more than a few times in the course of our lives... She realized her error. She hates it when she says stupid stuff like that. I live for it.

you can ease her mind and tell her I'm the last remaining Branch Davidian

just kidding. There's several more.

Originally posted by Joe View Post
          Yea, but they ain't all there cracked up to be. I got two of them and look what happened to me.

I've completely lost faith in the American University System.

I'll get your video out to ya.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
            Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

got my bible/dvd and disk 4 in the mail yesterday! thanks alan!
            evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• ssdvc
              • Oct 2010

Sent an email for the set. I need all the help I can get!!
              ________
              California medical marijuana
              Last edited by ssdvc; 08-15-2011, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Inkspill
                • Dec 2010

Sent a PM to get started I am excited to get serious on a curiculum!

Comment

• Unreal
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Jan 2011

Is this book better for the "recreational" way in hitting the speedbag? I want the workout and increased speed/hand eye cord. and punch the bag straight on like I would if I was hitting someone (albeit much easier). If this will help keep things fresh and interesting and still be a viable use in the way I use the speedbag I will probably purchase it. Hell I probably will regardless.

Comment

• Tim
                    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Unreal View Post
                    Is this book better for the "recreational" way in hitting the speedbag? I want the workout and increased speed/hand eye cord. and punch the bag straight on [bold]like I would if I was hitting someone (albeit much easier).[/bold]
                    Here's my take, the following strikes in the SBB are "real world practical" for self defense :

Elbows - Accuracy and coordination with elbow strikes. Granted these aren't boxing strikes, but they certainly are Muy Thai (some kinds) and no holds barred self defense. Initially elbows feel very awkward... but with enough practice they flow easily.

Front Straight Punch - Pretty obvious..

Hook Punch - also obvious...

Kicking - there is a whole section on all kinds of kicks.

Backfist - Backfist is covered. A "show" move for sure, but I've seen this used in UFC fights (including knock outs)

Inward Double Elbow - I've seen a book before "No Holds Barred Striking" that espoused a strike that is basically the I-DES from the bible... you hit with the fist, then follow through with the elbow of the same arm. Practical? I have no idea , I read it in a book, but it seems like it might work in a real life defense situation.

Here's the other half of it... all the back of the bag/side of the bag stuff helps speed and hand eye coord. as well. Don't leave this out ... would be my advice. It makes things a lot more fun as well.

If this will help keep things fresh and interesting and still be a viable use in the way I use the speedbag I will probably purchase it. Hell I probably will regardless.
                    I say get it... Alan offers a basement bargain discount to forum members, I guarantee you'll like it.
                    Last edited by Tim; 02-05-2011, 09:12 AM.

Comment

• Unreal
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                      Here's my take, the following strikes in the SBB are "real world practical" for self defense :

Elbows - Accuracy and coordination with elbow strikes. Granted these aren't boxing strikes, but they certainly are Muy Thai (some kinds) and no holds barred self defense. Initially elbows feel very awkward... but with enough practice they flow easily.

Front Straight Punch - Pretty obvious..

Hook Punch - also obvious...

Kicking - there is a whole section on all kinds of kicks.

Backfist - Backfist is covered. A "show" move for sure, but I've seen this used in UFC fights (including knock outs)

Inward Double Elbow - I've seen a book before "No Holds Barred Striking" that espoused a strike that is basically the I-DES from the bible... you hit with the fist, then follow through with the elbow of the same arm. Practical? I have no idea , I read it in a book, but it seems like it might work in a real life defense situation.

Here's the other half of it... all the back of the bag/side of the bag stuff helps speed and hand eye coord. as well. Don't leave this out ... would be my advice. It makes things a lot more fun as well.

I say get it... Alan offers a basement bargain discount to forum members, I guarantee you'll like it.
                      Thank you for the thorough explanation! I suppose I'm going to have to purchase it now

Comment

• yemen85
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Dec 2010

Speed Bag Bible

Alan

Rec'd my autographed book with dvd. I want to thank you very much.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by yemen85 View Post
                          Alan

Rec'd my autographed book with dvd. I want to thank you very much.
                          Glad you got it. thanks.
                          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                            • Apr 2011

PM Sent (I think?)

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                            Just email me via the PM here or my website speedbagcentral.com contact page

PM sent (I think... doesn't show up in my sent folder?) Would love a copy of your Speedbag Bible! Let me know how to get you $$. Gotta support the last of the Dividians! LOL!
                            Thanks!

Matt
                            -
                            Owner/Operator
                            www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• Stuss
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Apr 2011

Pm sent here aswell. I would also like a copy of the bible. Again, let me know how to send you the $. I am from uk.

Thanks

Si
                              Last edited by Stuss; 05-09-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

• J102
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Jun 2011

Got my autographed book and DVD today.
                                Getting started.

Thank you Alan

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...