Everlast elite leather Med. or Title Med?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2012

Everlast elite leather Med. or Title Med?

I'm trying to choose between the two. Is one or the other better on the hands? The title bag i'm talking about is the one on title mma website for 29.99 and its black.
    Any comments would be great. Thanks.
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Without precise links to see the exact bags it is hard to say, but I'd trust a modern title Bag before I'd trust a modern Everlast. I haven't heard anything good lately about recent Everlast Bags.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• southtexaskevin
      • Jan 2012

I had a mix up or two with title, but the customer service took care of my needs. And I am very happy with them and their products. I recently purchased the title gyro balanced 7x10 and can't get enough of it. The price was GREAT, I wanted.the 6x9 but it was on back order, do I got the 7x10 because I didnt want to wait Untill may to get it. I'm not sure what bag you are talking about. But I can speak for my bag, and its nothing less than perfect for me. A lot of.the members on this forum recommended title when I had questions about buying my first bag. The stand I bought off craigislist came with 2 everlast bags, that were in bad shape. One red and white and one grey and yellow. The title bag is in another level. Neither of tje everlast are leather so I can't compare them to this leather everlast you are talking about. I would recomend doing some research, YouTube, Google, and this forum. I'm sure you can find answers to your questions.

Comment

• PunchDrummer
        • Jan 2012

Hi Dale,

I’ve got both (although I’m not sure exactly which Title bag you’re referring to), and they’re different animals.
        The Everlast Elite (Te:M) is a very heavy, bouncy, training bag (the “T” is for “training”). It's the one with the added advanced night-vision stripes on the right.
        It doesn’t stay pretty, it’s on the big side, it has a lot of mass, and there’s a lot of inertia once you get it going – making it a challenge to execute reversals at speed. It’s great for smacking and beating on, and helps develop reflexes because of its speed. The Everlast bladders seem to be bouncier (and heavier) than the other bladders I’ve tried. You’ll get a lot of feedback from this bag, and I’m happy that I have it.
        I think it’s a great learning tool because you can go slow and easy while you learn and still get a healthy rebound.

That being said, I would consider many of the other bags popular on the forum to be “performance” bags. I’ve accumulated a small collection, and all of them (6*9 and down) are lighter than the Everlast, and, depending on the size, quality, and thickness of the leather (and the bladder), absorb varying amounts of energy, respond a little differently, and each has its own personality. These bags may feel "flat" compared to the Everlast bags. Your initial goals should help you choose your first bag (figure it out, develop/maintain power, develop/maintain finesse.)
        The Te:M is a good starter and maintenance bag – I preferred it to learn on, but you will eventually want to add other bags to help you refine your skills. The Te:M is a little longer, and you’ll want to have an adjustable platform when you swap bags.
        I also like the small (and medium) Everlast Kangaroo bags. They are very bouncy, have an odd, flat-shape (which I like) and demand precision – especially with a U-bolt style swivel.
        I also have and like the Title, ProMex, Fighting Sports, and Rival bags.

I’ve experienced Alan’s concern regarding Everlast quality - the synthetic Everlast bag doesn’t cut it. The seams will open up in a week – I tried twice and then upgraded to the leather Te:M – which is still healthy.

It won’t hurt to start with the Te:M, but you’re going to want others eventually.

“Girlfriend/wife” analogy removed. lol

Disclaimer: I still suck at it, but I spend enough time trying to think I know what I’m yacking about.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by PunchDrummer; 03-06-2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

• southtexaskevin
          • Jan 2012

lovely collection you have there punchdrummer

Comment

• Dale
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2012

Thanks for the detailed comments! I'll try and get some links on here later but you guys summed it up well. Apreciate it.

Comment

• Dale
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2012

Links to the bags I like

http://www.titlemma.com/p_SB+10.aspx (I like the black one that says 7)

I am a novice but I figured it would be a happy medium on the black Title bag.
              Last edited by Dale; 03-06-2012, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Dale
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2012

Right on Ralph. Thanks for the response. So you think the black title 7 would be good for a novice?

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                  • Jan 2012

Ebozyn is not mass producing them yet, but this is probably the most fun and inexpensive "bag" out there:

Comment

• Dale
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Feb 2012

Are the everlast elites as in my link, easy on the hands like the title ones?
                    Thanks

Comment

• gil
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                      I'm trying to choose between the two. Is one or the other better on the hands? The title bag i'm talking about is the one on title mma website for 29.99 and its black.
                      Any comments would be great. Thanks.
                      I debated between the Everlast you speak of and the black Title gyro-balanced bag. Since my other two bags are title and are holding up well (a red 6x9 and the black and gold 8x11) naturally I went with Title again. Plus, I have had nothing but the best customer service from them, at least in my case. Everlast just does not seem to make much of a quality product anymore.

I think you will have no regrets going with the Title.
                      Last edited by gil; 03-07-2012, 11:40 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...