• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

back at it(pun intended)

Quick health update:Had a cortisone injection last week and I seem to be taking to it pretty well. Not going crazy with pushups or weightlifting(however I DO need to get rid of my newfound gut at some point), but I have been trying to get some bagging done and work on some stuff that I always found difficult. A bit more time at this and I should have myself "back" to form and better. Enjoy!

sigpic
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey, MD, nice to see you 'back.' Glad to hear the shot is giving you some relief. I like your O-TES, started with the phantom, and I see a few 4-way elbows. Good job.

Hope you can get past your back problems.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Always good to see a man return to baggin'. Looking good MD! I like the Reverse Single Punch (RSP) comeback after and Inward Elbow Strike. That's a wicked lead arm link to get it behind for the Reverse Return.

Tommy T was following the Inward Elbow Strike with an opposite arm Side Single Punch (SSP) at the Gathering. He Does it with an original "shadow" Front Circle Punch (FCP) under the Inward Elbow.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• ebozyn
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2010

Lookin' good MD

Damn Nice Elbow Work MD.

I'm Glad to see you feel well enough to do a bit of baggin'. I wouldn't do too much though. That twisting of the upper body is a killer on a tender back. Even if it feels okay at the time, it comes back to bite you. i've been there too.

Is it just me, or is that swivel getting louder? haha It kinda sounds like a locomotive roaring down the tracks working itself up to full speed.

I also like that you threw in some Phantoms . Those always look cool thrown in to the mix.

I like that Title Pro 7x10, nice bag for workin' on moves, and combos.

Of course the swivel Kicks A _ _. Some how it just seems to have gotten louder.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Great to see you up & at'em again MD! Looks like you're back to me already....nice baggin'.
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Heppsan
            • Jan 2011

Nice to see you back at the board!!
            Nice vid!

Comment

• novaspeedbagger
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Aug 2010

Great to see you back at it!

Nice baggin Patrick! The 4 way elbows from :42-:45 are nicely done with the rear straight punch linking it up smoothly for a continuous flow

Keep on baggin my friend
              Novaspeedbagger

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Sweet moves.

Hey Patrick. Nice to see you back under the board. I took my longest break – 1 MONTH OFF – from bagging since I started 2 years ago. ("Life interruptus" )

You're doing a variety of cool moves in this video. I need to watch it a few more times to glean from it what I can.

I like that combo you do at :22-:24. It looks like the combo punch that Brian (spinsmashpop) put in this video just days after SpeedBAG 2010...

I need to get back up to speed after my 1-month hiatus...and this vid gives me some combos to work on...

Bag on, METALDAD!
                sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• metaldad
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                  Hey, MD, nice to see you 'back.' Glad to hear the shot is giving you some relief. I like your O-TES, started with the phantom, and I see a few 4-way elbows. Good job.

Hope you can get past your back problems.
                  Thanks Biff. The back is cooperating. The shot seems to have helped and the baggin Odyssey continues. Those elbow techniques surprised me that I was able to pull them off. I've been watching ebozyn's video and love how he hits it slow smooth and controlled. It really helped me see exactly how those techniques are executed. Hopefully my health holds up and there'll be more videos to come.

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                  Always good to see a man return to baggin'. Looking good MD! I like the Reverse Single Punch (RSP) comeback after and Inward Elbow Strike. That's a wicked lead arm link to get it behind for the Reverse Return.

Tommy T was following the Inward Elbow Strike with an opposite arm Side Single Punch (SSP) at the Gathering. He Does it with an original "shadow" Front Circle Punch (FCP) under the Inward Elbow.
                  It's good to be back. It took me a bit to get the linking punch after the elbow down but it's amazing how learning that really helps with the flow and execution. Tomm T is amazing to begin with and ebozyn is unreal! Deano has been on my techniques wish list as he IS the Elbow Wizard. Cheers!

Originally posted by ebozyn View Post
                  Damn Nice Elbow Work MD.

I'm Glad to see you feel well enough to do a bit of baggin'. I wouldn't do too much though. That twisting of the upper body is a killer on a tender back. Even if it feels okay at the time, it comes back to bite you. i've been there too.

Is it just me, or is that swivel getting louder? haha It kinda sounds like a locomotive roaring down the tracks working itself up to full speed.

I also like that you threw in some Phantoms . Those always look cool thrown in to the mix.

I like that Title Pro 7x10, nice bag for workin' on moves, and combos.

Of course the swivel Kicks A _ _. Some how it just seems to have gotten louder.
                  Thank you ebozyn. I'm most definitely taking it easy but as much as I love sitting around. Ll and catching up on my dvr, I gotta get moving! Been watching your latest video and love how your pace and execution look so smooth. I wad definitely able to work out my elbows abd phantoms from watching you and Mr. Dee Pooler! That swivel rocks. I guess it makes sense that it would sound like a train on the tracks seeing as how its creator works for tge railroad....I wonder if that was intentional? I love the 7x10 also. I call it old faithful since I've had it since. 2004 and it's lasted in good condition. It's definitely my go to bag! I want more Title bags....when I can afford them ......

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
                  Great to see you up & at'em again MD! Looks like you're back to me already....nice baggin'.
                  Zaza my man I can't stay away for too long!

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                  Nice to see you back at the board!!
                  Nice vid!
                  Thank you. You already know that my gym has gone through some changes but the bag remains!

Originally posted by novaspeedbagger View Post
                  Nice baggin Patrick! The 4 way elbows from :42-:45 are nicely done with the rear straight punch linking it up smoothly for a continuous flow

Keep on baggin my friend
                  Thank you Kerry. Now I gotta start working on my punch drumming!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

Hey Patrick. Nice to see you back under the board. I took my longest break – 1 MONTH OFF – from bagging since I started 2 years ago. ("Life interruptus" )

You're doing a variety of cool moves in this video. I need to watch it a few more times to glean from it what I can.

I like that combo you do at :22-:24. It looks like the combo punch that Brian (spinsmashpop) put in this video just days after SpeedBAG 2010...

I need to get back up to speed after my 1-month hiatus...and this vid gives me some combos to work on...

Bag on, METALDAD!
                  Thank you Denise! I forgot about that Tichy video! I can't wait to see him back in action! Looking forward to your next punch drumming video too!

BAG ON everyone!
                  sigpic

Comment

• pip
                    • Apr 2010

nice one MD love watching your videos the control of the bag is looking great best of luck with the back problems bag on Pip

Comment

• Speedbag
                      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

Bag on, METALDAD!
                      Speedy TommyT was doing that this year in SB-II, but his Reverse Single Punch (RSP) returned UNDER the elbow in front of the bag BT, after the Inward ES, hold that elbow up and let that RSP fist pass to front under the elbow.... Looks pretty cool.
                      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                      The Quest Continues...
                      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...