X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • morphiusrt
    • Mar 2019

New Guy saying hello

I just want to introduce myself. My name is Andrew I used to box when I was a teenager and loved the speed bag. Over the past 6 months I have lost 50lbs just dieting and have been looking for a workout I can do from home that is still fun. I decided to buy a speedbag setup. Being somewhat frugal and not knowing if I was going to have issues with my shoulders, I decided to keep it cheap and buy this setup Title Complete Setup

Well that was 3 weeks ago.

- Hated the gloves, definitely not ideal for speed bag at all. So I bought different ones

- Hated the swivel, bought This swivel. Also going to purchase an arc swivel as that seems to be pretty good.

- The platform was not solid enough and had some dead spots so I got a wooden wire spool and reinforced it. It helped but I think I still need something a little more dense. Also have a 30lb bag on top of it.

Needless to say I should have just spent some extra on a better setup.

Next up to replace is the bag. This one is already wearing out. Plus I think I want to go a little smaller.

My wife is getting hooked too so I may just leave this one up for her since she is about 8" shorter than me.

If you have any recommendations for setups under $200 I am all ears. Just platform and brackets. I was looking at the xmark one but still not sure yet.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Welcome!

Glad to hear you have been bitten by the speed bag bug.

It's not $200 (it's $279), but the Balazs i-Box is the platform I recommend for everyone.

Solid, adjustable, built well. I have been using this model exclusively for years.

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Great first post, welcome.

I'm sorry to hear you bought that 2nd Title swivel. Did you get it yet, or use it yet? If not, I don't think you will be too pleased with it.

I am a fan of the XMark platform. I got the heavier gauge steel model, but its over $200.
      @ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• morphiusrt
        • Mar 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

I'm sorry to hear you bought that 2nd Title swivel. Did you get it yet, or use it yet? If not, I don't think you will be too pleased with it.

I am a fan of the XMark platform. I got the heavier gauge steel model, but its over $200.
        That’s one of the ones I was looking at. Thank you for the arc swivel. I can’t wait to try it out.

I also want to get a new bag. There are just so many to chose from and it seems like most are personal preference once you get into the better ones.

Comment

• morphiusrt
          • Mar 2019

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post

I got my Arc Swivel yesterday. Even after 2 hours of shoveling I of course had to go try it out. All I can say is wow. At first I got nervous because I couldn't get a good rhythm but I quickly realized my aim was not that good but the title swivel leaves some room for error in the department. Once I focused in on my aim I was going faster, smoother and quieter. All within 10 mins of switching it out. Thank you again.

I think I convinced one of my co-workers to get one too. He was the one who recommended the title one I had got.

Also purchased a couple of bags to try out since I have a 20% off code for Title (join email list) and they had some on clearance. I can't wait to try it with a new bag.

Ps. I am officially hooked.

Comment

• Zaza
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2011

Welcome! I'm sure you're going to love the Arc.
            Cheers!
            Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
            http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...