X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hannibal
    • Dec 2010

Need some bag glove advice..

Read all the reviews on the net..looked at all the gloves. However, your opinions mean more to me than those places. Anyways, currently had a pair of IMF tech bag gloves. Love them, but they are already coming apart after five months of use. Strange since most have them over a year or longer. Have been looking at Rival Ultra Bag Gloves, Fighting Sports Pro Bag gloves, and Hayabusa 10 oz. Anyone got any suggestions for a good quality leather bag glove under 100 bucks? I don't like Cleto by the way..Great punchers glove, but terrible hand protection in my opinion.
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    Have been looking at Rival Ultra Bag Gloves, Fighting Sports Pro Bag gloves, and Hayabusa 10 oz. Anyone got any suggestions for a good quality leather bag glove under 100 bucks? I don't like Cleto by the way..Great punchers glove, but terrible hand protection in my opinion.
    I have had a pair of the Ringside Ultimate Classic bag gloves for 7 years. Holding up nicely although I don't use them every day. That said, It looks like Ringside doesn't sell that model any longer, at least I couldn't find them on the web site.

Comment

• Avadia
      • Nov 2010

I've got the Tuf-Wear Super Bag gloves and think they are awesome. Very high quality gloves. But I haven't put the hours on them yet to say how long they will last under constant use.

Comment

• Joe
        • May 2010

I have a pair of Title Gel bag gloves. I think I got them for $59 on sale. I like them but if I was going to do it again I would have gotten something less expensive. I hit a water bag, I use wraps and I don't hit that hard... about anything would have worked fine for me.

Tuf Wears are on sale for $29 bucks - cant go wrong.
        sigpic

Comment

• toolboxdiver
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Read all the reviews on the net..looked at all the gloves. However, your opinions mean more to me than those places. Anyways, currently had a pair of IMF tech bag gloves. Love them, but they are already coming apart after five months of use. Strange since most have them over a year or longer. Have been looking at Rival Ultra Bag Gloves, Fighting Sports Pro Bag gloves, and Hayabusa 10 oz. Anyone got any suggestions for a good quality leather bag glove under 100 bucks? I don't like Cleto by the way..Great punchers glove, but terrible hand protection in my opinion.
          I have these, and have been using them for about 6 years and love them

I just got these for my daughter and she likes them they were one of the few gloves that came in Jr size

Comment

• Hannibal
            • Dec 2010

I am going to give some of these a test run...I own four sets of sparring gloves....grant, cleto (for sparring they are great not so much for bag work), IMF Tech sparring gloves, and TUF-Wear. I have not really had to buy bag gloves forever. The IMF's were the first bag gloves I had bought in over two and a half years. now you see why I buy few speed bags..I do have one from 7 to 11 though in sizings. Five is enough for me. Haha. I am going to check those campeon's out Toolbox. You have mentioned them a few times on here before. I would buy the title gel's but no particular title or ringside for me again for a while. I have had bad luck with both. It would of been superb had TUF-Wear put out a whole new ling of bag gloves. I sort of feel obligated to them since they have been around so long and I love their training gloves so very much. I actually used to sleep with them at night when I was a teenager. haha. Don't worry it was not that serious.

Comment

• Hannibal
              • Dec 2010

Update. I tried to get the Grant's in a regular, but they were out. I went with the fighting sports brands because of the softness of the leather. Well boy did I make a mistake. First time the gloves were too small. I had to send them back. Already spent 20 bucks on shipping. Just got my second pair, which I upgraded to a tri-tech bag glove in white/black. Same problem. Velcro wouldn't strap tight enough around forearm, and the hand compartment was too big. I about broke my wrist throwing a simple left hook.I have decided to search down and find a company that still carries the old TUF wear super bag gloves in a size medium. I would go for the new TUF gloves, but I have had no luck buying gloves by ounces. I have small wide hands. Totally bummed out though now. All titles bad glove sizing advice cost me was 25 dollars in shipping and a near broken wrist.

Comment

• speedbag4life
                • Jun 2007

Hannibal, have you thought about hand wraps? Getting the right size won't be an issue. It takes a little longer to put them on than gloves, but they'll provide a good fit once you figure out a good wrapping technique for your hands.

Comment

• Hannibal
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by speedbag4life View Post
                  Hannibal, have you thought about hand wraps? Getting the right size won't be an issue. It takes a little longer to put them on than gloves, but they'll provide a good fit once you figure out a good wrapping technique for your hands.
                  Been boxing in some form since I was 7 years of age. I always wrap my hands. I used to use the old cotton wraps until about five years ago. Just preferred them. Recently switched to mexican wraps though. Own about 18 pair. I just have difficult hands. I have small wide punchers knuckles. Always been a nightmare finding the appropriate gloves since they started with the selling by oz size. I just want a darn regular. Seems companies are set though on switching over to a universal system rather than the sizing format they had used for ever.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...