• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cravin339
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2007

DE strike bag recommendations

Hello i am new to the forums and new to boxing(muay thai) and i was looking to buy a good double end strike bag and i was wondering if any of you have any recommendations. I was looking at the Everlast De bag (http://www.karatedepot.com/bx-ba-40.html) but i was hesitant
    to buy it because of the lack of reviews.

side note- If the shock cords do not give the desired tension can bugee cord be a good substitute?

thank you
  • SupergeZ
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Mar 2007

hey cravin welcome! i was contemplating joining the reigional muay thai club.. could i ask what its like? what aspects of it do you enjoy? would love an oppinion on it before i make the commitment to going (50 quid membership + 40 mins traveling)

p.s try this link, loads of bags for you to have a look at

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I think any bag with cords would work. I think the secret to finding your favorite is the cord tension more the cord type. Some elastic cords bungee, stretch, rubber, or rope have different stretch and recoil particulars, but any could probably be adjusted to work.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
        • May 2007

bungee cord

Speedbag is right, the type of cord doesn't really matter as long as it is adjustable in tension... Remember to leave plenty of slack in it at first. This will slow the bag down considerably and offer you a long wide rebound to work with. Another thing you will notice is that the rythm is hard to nail down at first with fist strikes. A good little trick to get you acquianted with the timing of the be bag is to hit it with your fingertips in the shape of a claw. This will make it easier to time and control until you get your flow down. The sway bag in my opinion is the hardest and most beneficial tool in the way of bags that a boxer can utilize. Good luck!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...