• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tim
    Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by speedboy
    hi i have a big problem i have bought the title 8x5 yellow speedbag and the everlast pro chain link swivel but its slow i dont understand why because my platform is solid and another problem at the first hit the swivel change automatically the direction and this thing slow immediately the ball i will post a clip soon im very very disappointed because im in belgium and the shipping cost was high please help me !!
    This is your video that was posted on rossboxing.com?

Honestly, the speed bag itself looks fine to me. Alan's speed on most of his clips is mostly due to skill and technique. It takes practice, lots and lots of practice. Practice several times a week and in a month or two you will be surprised what you can do.

In regards to the swivel you have, that is my least favorite kind, but I did learn on a similar model for several months. It should suffice for most of the techniques.

Maybe if you can post a video of your technique Alan or someone else can comment.
    Last edited by Tim; 03-13-2006, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by Paolo
      Tim, have also you it same feeling with your new 8x5 yellow bag?
      Yes, you definitely have to keep your hands moving quicker.

Comment

• Paolo
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Feb 2006

Thank you Alan, thank you Tim... you are always really kind

Comment

• speedboy
          • Feb 2006

many thanks tim whan i hit the "title" side of my speedbag it is slow and in another side its faster there is a specific side to hit for this speedbag?? i will post a clip with some techniques to show you

Comment

• Tim

• Jan 2006

many thanks tim whan i hit the "title" side of my speedbag it is slow and in another side its faster there is a specific side to hit for this speedbag?? i will post a clip with some techniques to show you
            It doesn't seem to make a difference on mine, in regards to which side to hit. My bag tends to rotate around and before I know I'm hitting a different side anyways.

Posting a clip would probably let us give you some better input.

I will soon have the ability to upload video as well...

Comment

• speedboy
              • Feb 2006

does someone use a protection cream for the speedbag?? thanks

Comment

• Speedbag
                Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

speed bag treatment

does someone use a protection cream for the speedbag?? thanks
                there are various products to treat and protect leather products.

Years ago, when I carried my speed bag to a club/gym to hit every day, and where many different hands hit it, I did indeed put a little leather conditioner on it. Normally I dried it off after a "hot workout", let it set for a while, then rubbed the product (I used a type of Mink Oil ) on while the bag was inflated. It kept the leather pliant and soft. But those were older, Kangaroo leather bags. (even said so on the bag..). For these later day modern synthetic brands, I don't know what the best product would be, but if your bag gets wet or has hot air blowing on it during ventilation, I would treat it occassionally. Kind of like polishing your shoes.....

I also learned to keep it inflated, as the inflation/uninflation process tends to crinkle the leather and seemed to increase the cracking rate.

Living in Texas, where horses rule, Many stores carry Saddle and leather protection products

For the best bag care, I also suggest you rotate your bags occassionally. (change and hit another one...)

It's a great question. Bag care is often forgotten.
                Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                The Quest Continues...
                Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Chris M
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Paolo
                  Now I’ve also a little 5x8 speed bag: just the Title Red Classic.

It’s really light... so light that’s difficult to keep it going at a constant speed. It slows down soon and you must hit the bag repetitively, fastly without pause. After a little training, I punch with smaller and faster movements and now the bag ‘flies’ under the drum (thanks Alan for your instructions!!!).

The shape is lightly thinner than the yellow bag, but I really like it.

Tim, have also you it same feeling with your new 8x5 yellow bag?
                  I had the same issue with the exact same bag. When I first used it, I thought the thing was a useless joke because I was so used to my 11x8 Everlast bag which was so much heavier. After going back to it after a few months, I realize it just takes a different hit altogether, and because of it's light weight it doesn't rebound as hard...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...