X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lee Chapman
    • Feb 2017

Originally posted by IronCannibal View Post
    Never used mitts. I saw these at Title: https://www.titleboxing.com/gloves/t...eed-bag-gloves and was wondering what people thought.

edit: I wrote this before reading page 2. Guess my question was answered if I had just looked.

I use wraps or RDX gel wraps. Not a fan of either, but then I haven't found just the right tension for the wraps. Too tight and my knuckles hurt. Too loose and my knuckles hurt. LOL. Ce la vi.
    I only got for a max of 30 minutes, and don't wrap. Perhaps I am hitting too soft.

Cheers
    L
    If you can't do it slow, you can't do it fast.
    So Slow = Smooth and Smooth = Fast.

Comment

• Duke57
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Nov 2016

The Balazs "jet" bag lasted one day in the gym before it split at the bottom 1/4 of the bag on the side. Had 5 psi in it. I was not hitting it when it split. Discovered it this morning. Will send it back for a replacement. Turn around time to Afghanistan sucks.

Will be leaving only a cheap bag at lower psi on the platform when I am not using it. Who knows what some of the gym gorillas are doing to the bag when I am not there.

Also have the small bag on order. The jet bag is kinda big.
      Last edited by Duke57; 04-16-2017, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
        • Feb 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
        ...Wait a minute, I thought these bags didn't have a bladder in them, isn't that what they advised, Well that's a bladder and the ones I hate. Slow response bladders. I definitely won't buy one of these bags.

That sucks. If their customer service is as good as they amp it up to be, then they should send a replacement out in advance of getting the busted one back.

Cheers
        L

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Afghanistan? Did Balazs tell you that?

I should drive up to Balazs and check out their manufacturing facility, they are only about 15 minutes down the road. I'm curious what parts they make and what parts they assemble. I wonder if they would let me in?

Vent, those Lazer bags where adverted as having a non-replaceable bladder. I always knew it was butyl by the way it hit. I have the 6x9 "Sonic".

Duke, any chance the bag was inflated on a cold day or in a cold room and it popped when the temp went up? I don't think I could pop my Lazer with a baseball bat unless it was over-inflated or the stitching was defective.

-Rusty
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Duke57
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
            Afghanistan? Did Balazs tell you that?

Duke, any chance the bag was inflated on a cold day or in a cold room and it popped when the temp went up? I don't think I could pop my Lazer with a baseball bat unless it was over-inflated or the stitching was defective.

-Rusty
            I am in Afghanistan. No, normal temp. Same as in the gym. Folllwed the inflation instructions to the letter too.

Comment

• Lee Chapman
              • Feb 2017

Originally posted by Duke57 View Post
              I am in Afghanistan. No, normal temp. Same as in the gym. Folllwed the inflation instructions to the letter too.
              Do you think it was just faulty stitching?

Cheers
              L

Comment

• jaja6009
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Duke57 View Post

The Balazs "jet" bag lasted one day in the gym before it split at the bottom 1/4 of the bag on the side. Had 5 psi in it. I was not hitting it when it split. Discovered it this morning. Will send it back for a replacement. Turn around time to Afghanistan sucks.

Will be leaving only a cheap bag at lower psi on the platform when I am not using it. Who knows what some of the gym gorillas are doing to the bag when I am not there.

Also have the small bag on order. The jet bag is kinda big.
                Yeah our boxing club and others with access to the speed bag platform also have or can be "gym gorillas". That's why I only leave the bags I don't like there and never any of my good ones. Some people just go there to just punch it as hard as they can, no triplet rhythm, no technique just wail away. I try to tell them to use the heavy bag.

Comment

• Dutchman
                  Speed Bag Historian
                  • Jun 2006

Oh, yeah, the ones that try to pop the bag. That's the people that the old Everlast Co developed the "institutional" line of bags for. Double stitched with welted seams. Then you just have to deal with destroyed bladders.......

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

I can not see any lining along the seams I acquired an Everlast medium with the same issue ...busted seam. I turned the bag inside out and hand stitched it back up. Works like a new one. Well it was a new one too. EverLast sews nylon lining along the seams. I presume the nylon protects the bladder from the rough cut edge of the seams. I dunno

Comment

• REB
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2017

Always something new to learn here! Good stuff
                      Last edited by REB; 04-17-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Oct 2016

Or maybe this guy hit your bag...
                        @ArcSwivel
                        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...