X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dutchman
    Speed Bag Historian
    • Jun 2006

Never thought about doing it on the inside, only on the outside where the wear is

Comment

• rdshackleford
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Oct 2016

Yeah, you are right about the inside, always lined. dumb question.

I finally got some new bladders in and am changing out the original. Take a look at this old beauty. Ever see one like it? Should be from around '62, no earlier. Also, by pure chance, Amazon sent me an Enkay 5 instead of the Enkay 6. I'm not complaining because it should fit this bag better.

@ArcSwivel
      #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Very familiar, like the original ones that were in the two Everlast 4207's I have. When they failed I wound up using TufWear #3's. Good bladders, valves failed before the body did. Of course they are no longer available as that incarnation of TufWear is no longer with us. So I'm going to be ordering some more Title XL bladders.

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

Do you order Title bladders from Title directly? I have been ordering from Amazon and getting various Enkay numbered sizes with a Title instruction sheet thrown in.
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
            Speed Bag Historian
            • Jun 2006

I buy from Title directly, quick and efficient service.

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

A general question about vintage bags, and vintage kangaroo bags in general... This bag has a warning on the bottom not to inflate over 3lbs. Is this limit inherent in the bag, the bladder, both?
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Dutchman
                Speed Bag Historian
                • Jun 2006

Properly tanned 'roo leather is very, very strong , but it's also thinner than what the cowhide they were using at the time. Whether or not they decided in the beginning that they were going to limit the air pressure, or if they had issues with the initial production, I've not heard or seen one way or another. It's very light weight, and with the right bladder very responsive. As far as air pressure use the "rule of thumb" and you should be alright.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...