X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fingers
    Speed Bag Guru
    • May 2008

Hi !! I have never used glue , all i do is put the bladder in the bag and line up the hole and valve by inserting an inflation needle, then pump a little air in to straighten things up! then lace up and fully inflated!...I did one today in an addidas bag ....Took all of five minutes!!.....Hope this is of some use. Fingers

Comment

• REB
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by fingers View Post
      Hi !! I have never used glue , all i do is put the bladder in the bag and line up the hole and valve by inserting an inflation needle, then pump a little air in to straighten things up! then lace up and fully inflated!...I did one today in an addidas bag ....Took all of five minutes!!.....Hope this is of some use. Fingers
      I will try your method on the next bladder replacement. Thinking about it, the bladder can't escape, it doesn't roll around, as the psi rises, the bladder is planted in place.. yep, this sounds like the ticket

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Most bags are easy. Some bags are tougher than others. One large vintage Everlast had me cursing.
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2017

from what fingers was saying, I understand it as; it is not necessary to have the bladder air valve tip coming thru the hole. Just have the bladder lined up to the hole in order get the needle in. Whether or not the valve is inside or outside the bag. Sounds comparable to a plumbing trick you would learn from an "Old Plumber" to make it easy and work. ( not saying that fingers is old )

Comment

• fingers
            Speed Bag Guru
            • May 2008

Originally posted by REB View Post
            from what fingers was saying, I understand it as; it is not necessary to have the bladder air valve tip coming thru the hole. Just have the bladder lined up to the hole in order get the needle in. Whether or not the valve is inside or outside the bag. Sounds comparable to a plumbing trick you would learn from an "Old Plumber" to make it easy and work. ( not saying that fingers is old )
            Lol!!....Try it it works!!!!.......No glue to make a mess, also makes it easier to re use a bladder if a bag splits!!!

Comment

• rdshackleford
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Oct 2016

My pump bleeds air if you are not actively pumping, so finger's method is difficult for me. I have done it that way for small bags.
              @ArcSwivel
              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Apr 2017

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Thanks fingers. Great tip

Comment

• Mainbeam
                  • Apr 2014

I'm from Liverpool. I ordered my Title bag from Title USA website. Mines made in India. Bought about a month ago.

Comment

• Mainbeam
                    • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Mainbeam View Post
                    I'm from Liverpool. I ordered my Title bag from Title USA website. Mines made in India. Bought about a month ago.

My apologies. I've got Ampro sparring gloves and they're made in India. My speedbag is made in China 👍🏻

Comment

• bernardblackhurst
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Apr 2017

Thanks. Yes, they're all probably made in China now. Was the one you got regular shaped? Did it move okay?

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                        • Jan 2012

One of the "phases" I think many of us go through is expecting these small bags to be bouncy and straight. The leather is relatively thick, and even if you put in a nice orange EverLast bladder, they feel a little unresponsive and weird. The yellow (small) bags are not typically graceful, and it takes a little time to appreciate them for what they are. One of my favorite small bags is the Title Black Speed Bag ($79.99). It has a very thin skin, and with a bouncy bladder, is very responsive. You're going to have to learn to love those yellow bags for exactly what they are - and you can have a lot of fun with them.

Originally posted by bernardblackhurst View Post
                        Hi, newbie here from the UK, so please go easy on me! I bought 2 Title Speedbags recently as I really liked the size and look of them but the only problem is no matter which way I hit them they wouldn't go straight! Which probably isn't surprising as they were both lop-sided to varying degrees (see pictures of the 2nd one). I noticed that they were made in China, obviously because it's cheaper to have them made there. [I had the same issue with two Everlast 9" x 6" bags also which were also lop-sided and again made in China].Have I just been unlucky? So does anyone know of an 8" x 5" bag that's more or less guaranteed to be of good quality and so probably not made in China? Thanks for any help.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Oct 2016

Interesting. What size(s) do you like?

-Rusty
                          @ArcSwivel
                          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...