X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

MsDee punching on the vertical platform

One of my New Year's Resolutions for 2013 is to try to lose my Muffin Top! You know — that pesky roll of fat around my midriff.

So, I'm concentrating on being a little more physical when I go out to the garage to punch. I'm focusing on 4-way elbows on the regular platform – over and over. I try to exaggerate my moves to help burn the calories.

As for the vertical drum workout, I have to really move my body to keep the bag going in a nice rhythmic pattern. (I hope I'm burning a few calories!) Here is a video clip punching to an old 80's song from Swing Out Sister called "Breakout." You can see my muffin top (if you look carefully). I sure wish I could relocate that fat to another part of my body – like my cabooty!

BTW, YouTube decided that it can only be viewed on a computer – it doesn't let me watch it on my smartphone or on the iPad. (Sorry, ventanakaz.)

This is a shortened version of my punch drumming workout to Swing Out Sister.I'm a little rusty.And so was my S-hook.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Zaza
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2011

NICE! (I saw this when you uploaded it last night)
    ....and you workout at 9:16 am? Damn, I have to start getting up earlier!
    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
      BTW, YouTube decided that it can only be viewed on a computer – it doesn't let me watch it on my smartphone or on the iPad. (Sorry, ventanakaz.)
      Does the iPad permit you to use keepvid.com ? Your vid downloads nicely and is available in 720p.

Comment

• Dutchman
        Speed Bag Historian
        • Jun 2006

Nice moves! I think that you'll have no problem meeting your goals!

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Vertical/horizontal, it doesn't matter, you got it girl!

If you're REALLY serious about getting rid of the muffin top, this device along with good eating habits and some extra cardio will do the trick. But like anything else, it takes discipline.

I'm sure Raul can mount a bar from which these can hang. Hell, he may be able to make the straps for you.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Thanks, Paranday, Dutchman, and Biff. And thanks, zaza for your comment on YT.

Those ab straps look interesting, Biff. I'll show these pictures to Raul and see what he can come up with for me.
            Attached Files
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• PunchDrummer
              • Jan 2012

I like that song. They used to play it in Caesar's mall in Las Vegas all of the time along with a lot of Basha.
              Good punching, and your muffin look good to me! (Am I allowed to say that?)

Just watching vert. punching makes my back hurt. Are they hard on the back?

Comment

• Jake
                • Mar 2011

Wow Dee! You make that look easy. It's not.

I decided to do 4-way elbows over and over again to trim my love handles and it worked. I finally got my midsection looking better than ever at 50.

Also, pick up a dumbell, hold it down by your side, lift your shoulder up, and bend at the waist. Also try this move without bending at the waist. Get the Mind-Muscle connection going.

I was watching the UFC Fights on Fox last night. Two fights ended with brutal inward elbows.

Comment

• AtTheCross
                  • Dec 2012

nice punching, now that is motivating me to set my vert up!
                  1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
                  Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
                  DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
                  Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
                  Retired Bags:
                  Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• Zaza
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Apr 2011

^ Me too!
                    Last edited by Zaza; 02-01-2013, 10:06 PM.
                    Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                    http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• AtTheCross
                      • Dec 2012

btw, noticed your ear phones/buds and your device in your pocket, I hated the dangling wires while hitting so I picked up these, they're pricey but they are worth it to me

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
                      Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
                      DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
                      Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
                      Retired Bags:
                      Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                        One of my New Year's Resolutions for 2013 is to try to lose my Muffin Top! You know — that pesky roll of fat around my midriff.

So, I'm concentrating on being a little more physical when I go out to the garage to punch. I'm focusing on 4-way elbows on the regular platform – over and over. I try to exaggerate my moves to help burn the calories.

As for the vertical drum workout, I have to really move my body to keep the bag going in a nice rhythmic pattern. (I hope I'm burning a few calories!) Here is a video clip punching to an old 80's song from Swing Out Sister called "Breakout." You can see my muffin top (if you look carefully). I sure wish I could relocate that fat to another part of my body – like my cabooty!

This is a shortened version of my punch drumming workout to Swing Out Sister.I'm a little rusty.And so was my S-hook.

HISTORY VIDEO:

I think this may actually be a bit of Speed Bag History: The First Legitimate Punch Drumming (tm) exhibition on a vertical speed bag. I don't know of ANY other PD video on a vertical. Yes, there are some vertical examples with music in the background, but any sync of the bag beat to the song is by accident. Dee, you nailed it!

Sympathies to the "muffin top", staypuff marshmellow man, Pillsbury doughboy, Biscuit butt, turkey neck, six-pack becomes a case and then a keg - crowd.

been there, doing that. You go, girl.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Speed bagging history made by our own MsDeville!!!!!! Wahoo.

Comment

• G-Town
                            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Muffins?

All I saw is... Q-Dee getting busy! Make it your own D. (Nice history) (Nice work)

Comment

• Speedbag
                              Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                              ...(even though i can't view the video) exaggerating your moves on the fourway for me is the right way of doing it, putting your body and hips into it (for combat) once i get my targeting down on my strikes i put my body into it and use footwork. i have a variation of the fourway that forces you to move your body and footing more in order to do it, also some other elbow strikes where you have to move around to do them. one day when i get a smartphone i hope i'll be able to upload them onto youtube and show the moves slowly so others can see what i'm doing, i'll also offer people to stop by my house if they need more one on one help ;-)...ralph
                              That would be great to see. I have never been "strong" with Inward Elbow movements, and sadly neglected that area for years, using them as a "finishing" move mostly. A few years ago I got shocked back into reality and BillyMack and Skunk started ripping over non-stop, complicated four way Out and In Elbow combinations like it was nothing. Then Tim jumps in with his incredible double and triple bumping off one rebound no less (see his avatar, and the amazing upward elbow strike..)

Now Dee, G-Town, speedbagataraxis, Juxt, TommyT and ebozyn- to name just a few are killing any bag, horizontal or vertical with repetitive inward - outward elbow combinations in all kinds of patterns.

It would be great to see some of your work.
                              Last edited by Speedbag; 01-31-2013, 12:20 PM.
                              Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                              *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                              The Quest Continues...
                              Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...