• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by SupergeZ View Post
    hes got a hard punch and good chin but naff all stamina and after a few mins hes pooped hes gona get annhialated unless he can get a lucky hit
    He's just freakin' monstrous! Who was the NFL player that went into MMA? He had no neck and was monstrous like Kimbo. He won because of his size not skill. He would gas quick but was so big and powerful no one could beat him. Until that one Japanese fighter kept taking out his legs, He beat the japanese guy but I believe his legs were screwed after that bout.
    sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2007

[QUOTE=SupergeZ;4089]hes got a hard punch and good chin but naff all stamina and after a few mins hes pooped hes gona get annhialated unless he can get a lucky hit[/QUOTE
      He's definitely got the size factor going
      sigpic

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        This is a pretty good Double End Bag video.

Although the sound is a bit off, the punches are crisp and really pop the bag, and his footwork looks good. The mirror behind him helps see his form and movement. Keeps a wide stance with balance as he is punching and moving.
        What size gloves do think he was using and what size would you recommend? I just purchased a pair of 16oz practice gloves. I used them today and really felt it! Shadow boxing and heavy bag were alot more challenging. Am I jumping to far ahead of myself?
        sigpic

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
          • May 2007

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
          Damn!! He makes that look so easy!! I've been wanting a double end ball for quite some time. After viewing this, getting one is my next quest.
          It's a great investment and in my opinion the most useful and demanding physically of the light bags. A little tip I'd like to offer you metaldad is to strike it with your fingertips in the shape of a claw at first. This will give you control and help you get started.

Comment

• metaldad
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by hispanicmakingpanic View Post
            It's a great investment and in my opinion the most useful and demanding physically of the light bags. A little tip I'd like to offer you metaldad is to strike it with your fingertips in the shape of a claw at first. This will give you control and help you get started.
            Much appreciated sir!!
            sigpic

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
              • May 2007

Kimbo was beaten by a tubby mma fighter by th name of Sean Gannon. His look and style are intimidating, but technically he's a novice. He has a terriffic chin and brutal punch, but in the UFC he'd be a shark fighting on land. (hope I didn't misquote)

Comment

• Kyle
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Nov 2006

Kimbo was beaten by a tubby mma fighter by th name of Sean Gannon. His look and style are intimidating, but technically he's a novice. He has a terriffic chin and brutal punch, but in the UFC he'd be a shark fighting on land. (hope I didn't misquote)
                ya your right and hes not going into UFC its some other event and i believe he is fighting a boxer under MMA rules and still most people think he will get beaten due to lack of conditioning and lack of training.
                ________
                LADYBOYTEASER
                Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011, 06:29 AM.

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                  • May 2007

Oh yeah I forgot, he's fighting Ray Mercer under MMA rules. Mercer would KO him under any rules...

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Oh yeah I forgot, he's fighting Ray Mercer under MMA rules. Mercer would KO him under any rules...

I still occassionally watch that fight of "Merciless" Ray Mercer destroying Tommy Morrison.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                      • May 2007

I still occassionally watch that fight of "Merciless" Ray Mercer destroying Tommy Morrison.
                      One of my faves. I have it on vhs and analyze it occasionally. Remember how methodical and precise Tommy looked for the first few rounds? He reminded me of a vintage Tyson slippin and weavin creating angles and openings. Mercer is one of the toughest Heavyweights to represent the US in the Olympics. After he weathered the onslaught he pinned Morrison on the ropes and started what looked like a brain damaging barrage that Morrison could not escape as he was stuck on the ropes!

Comment

• jaguiler
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2007

I have gotten a good grasp on the double end bag now.... made not as good as most...but eitherway..
                        I find the slip bag (homemade) much more demanding... I loaded up an extra speedbag with sand...abotu 12 lbs... and I hit on that pretty well, meanwhile sliping it and throwing jabs at it... and combos. the weight makes it a great workout...

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
                          I have gotten a good grasp on the double end bag now.... made not as good as most...but eitherway..
                          I find the slip bag (homemade) much more demanding... I loaded up an extra speedbag with sand...abotu 12 lbs... and I hit on that pretty well, meanwhile sliping it and throwing jabs at it... and combos. the weight makes it a great workout...
                          The maize bag is a terrific workout and equally taxing... The sway bag has the quicker return and therefore promote a bit more foot movement and slips. On the other hand, the maize bag has a longer deeper return and therefore gives you much room to freestyle and work off of dips. both great workouts.

Comment

• Speedbag
                            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

One of my faves. I have it on vhs and analyze it occasionally. Remember how methodical and precise Tommy looked for the first few rounds? He reminded me of a vintage Tyson slippin and weavin creating angles and openings. Mercer is one of the toughest Heavyweights to represent the US in the Olympics. After he weathered the onslaught he pinned Morrison on the ropes and started what looked like a brain damaging barrage that Morrison could not escape as he was stuck on the ropes!
                            I got it on video also. Remember he was the "john wayne" great white hope analogy. I actually had him winning that fight until Mercer caught him. The tide changed quickly, as can often happen with a power puncher like Mercer. In all honesty, Tommy may have been in a bit over his head with Mercer's experience. He should have had a few more tune up fights. Either way, he took a beating.....
                            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                            The Quest Continues...
                            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• hispanicmakingpanic
                              • May 2007

I got it on video also. Remember he was the "john wayne" great white hope analogy. I actually had him winning that fight until Mercer caught him. The tide changed quickly, as can often happen with a power puncher like Mercer. In all honesty, Tommy may have been in a bit over his head with Mercer's experience. He should have had a few more tune up fights. Either way, he took a beating.....
                              Yeah, he's from Tulsa and claims to be the nephew of "The Duke". He appeared to have every attribute a Hvwt could want, except for a strong beard. Remember the beating he gave ole George Foreman? Mercer, on the other hand, is the definition of tough as nails. I've seen him against an unbeaten Vladimir Klitschko, and the beating he absorbed was nothing short of brutal. Even when he blocked the punch he would get shot into the ropes from the force. He never hit the canvas.

Comment

• Crownshep
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Jun 2007

Don`t know if you`ve seen this guys,but Kimbo`s been training with Bas Rutten.
                                Kimbo Slice training by Bas RuttenKimbo Slice training by Bas Rutten for fight vs Ray Mercer 23 june 2007Bas Rutten "I am training Kimbo right now, and I ha...

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...