• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmarino61361
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

Platinum Gloves Tournament in Orlando

Anyone in here been involved with the Platinum Gloves Tournament in Orlando in the past?

Thanks,
    Jason
    Last edited by dmarino61361; 05-08-2010, 08:35 PM.
  • dmarino61361
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2009

I just want to say thanks to everyone in here. This forum has been great and inspired me to try to train like a boxer. Since July of last year I had gone from 234.5 to 204. I was working with a trainer and was going to box in Platinum Gloves at 200 in Masters Division. Then i played flag football on Thursday and fractured my elbow in 2 places. I had to have surgery and if all goes well i should be better in 12 weeks. If at 8 weeks it is not healing how he wants then I have to start all over again with new surgery and he puts in fake elbow.

Not sure why I am posting all this but I need to keep my sanity. Going to try and speedbag with the right hand tomorrow to keep me busy.

I need idea for exercises i can do. So far I have:

1) Walk on treadmill
    2) Speed bag with right hand
    3) Body weight squats
    4) Situps?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dmarino61361; 05-08-2010, 08:55 PM.

Comment

• sparrky37
      • Jan 2010

Man! Really sorry to hear! I just recently quit football now that I'm 32 I'm focusing on baggn and learning to play drums.
      Hang in there! Just take it easy and heal properly! Good Luck!

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Hey "D", Just another one of "lifes" hurdles to make you regroup, and have to put things "on hold" temporarily. Take your time and heal up. If your like me, it's easier said than done. Just keep in mind that it's only temporary. Hang in there! Take it cool.
        T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by dmarino61361 View Post
          I just want to say thanks to everyone in here. This forum has been great and inspired me to try to train like a boxer. Since July of last year I had gone from 234.5 to 204. I was working with a trainer and was going to box in Platinum Gloves at 200 in Masters Division. Then i played flag football on Thursday and fractured my elbow in 2 places. I had to have surgery and if all goes well i should be better in 12 weeks. If at 8 weeks it is not healing how he wants then I have to start all over again with new surgery and he puts in fake elbow.

Not sure why I am posting all this but I need to keep my sanity. Going to try and speedbag with the right hand tomorrow to keep me busy.

I need idea for exercises i can do. So far I have:

1) Walk on treadmill
          2) Speed bag with right hand
          3) Body weight squats
          4) Situps?
          Hey Dmarino

Sorry to hear about your situation. Hopefully your elbow will heal up as that will be the best in the long run. Hopefully you won't need a prosthetic elbow implant but elbow arthroplasty (doctor speak for joint replacement) has come a long way. It all depends on the doctor that does it.

I've had a bit of rehab in my day, so I would think that you can modify just about any fitness activity to do without your right arm. However you will have to leave off all "two arm activity" such as standard bench presses, push ups, breast stroke swimming etc.

Unfortunately, speed bagging is pretty elbow intensive so you will not to be pretty patient with your right arm returning to that.

Good luck with your situation.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• dmarino61361
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Nov 2009

Thanks everyone.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...