• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 79rhino
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Dec 2010

G'day from Oz

Hi guys,

Been reading the posts on your forum for a little while now - great info - its been really helpful. Thought I'd introduce myself.

My grandfather built me a speedbag set-up when I was a kid and started me off - from memory I wasn't too bad - but I had a go a gym recently and was pretty embarrassed with my effort!

So after getting married (and paying off that small fortune) I started putting together a home gym. I've read the posts re best type of swivel and set-up etc. Could find a decent ballhook in Australia (does anyone know of any?) So I was planning to order a Watkins swivel until I found out that the $23 swivel costs $96 to ship to Australia!! WTF!

Whilst I'm saving up for some decent kit - I've bought a cheap platform that came with a bag and a hinged swivel which should get me started, but I do remember using something similar to the Watkins swivel ages ago and definitely want a ballhook. How can I get my hands on one of Jumpcannon's Powermill Swivel it looks awesome - What would shipping be to Australia?

I would probably pay the shipping for the Watkins if I knew I was getting quality... Is all shipping out of the US so ridiculous - I know Amazon doesn't charge all that much for shipping ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
    Ryan
  • jumpcannon
    Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

shipping for the powermill swivel is $14 US dollars for australia. I ship these at my costs. If you want one send me a private message and i'll take care of ya! Thanks for the interest!
    evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• StevieMac
      • Oct 2010

Watkins have been back ordered forever. Just get the POWERMILL.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

• 79rhino
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Dec 2010

Awesome - thanks.

Comment

• Speedbag
          Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by 79rhino View Post
          Hi guys,

Been reading the posts on your forum for a little while now - great info - its been really helpful. Thought I'd introduce myself.

My grandfather built me a speedbag set-up when I was a kid and started me off - from memory I wasn't too bad - but I had a go a gym recently and was pretty embarrassed with my effort!

So after getting married (and paying off that small fortune) I started putting together a home gym. I've read the posts re best type of swivel and set-up etc. Could find a decent ballhook in Australia (does anyone know of any?) So I was planning to order a Watkins swivel until I found out that the $23 swivel costs $96 to ship to Australia!! WTF!

Whilst I'm saving up for some decent kit - I've bought a cheap platform that came with a bag and a hinged swivel which should get me started, but I do remember using something similar to the Watkins swivel ages ago and definitely want a ballhook. How can I get my hands on one of Jumpcannon's Powermill Swivel it looks awesome - What would shipping be to Australia?

I would probably pay the shipping for the Watkins if I knew I was getting quality... Is all shipping out of the US so ridiculous - I know Amazon doesn't charge all that much for shipping ? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
          Ryan
          Welcome to the forum. We have a few aussies in here. Nice to see there's Baggers in Brisbane!. Go with the Powermill swivel. You'll never regret it, and probably never need another swivel.
          Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
          *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
          The Quest Continues...
          Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• 79rhino
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Dec 2010

Thanks - cant wait to get back into it.

Comment

• Tim
              Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Welcome to the forum! The Aussie branch of speedbagforum.com is growing day by day Definitely take a look at the Powermill swivel. It's the best deal going,not just by the quality , but the shipping is minimal!

Comment

• Mrs Mitts
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Feb 2010

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                Welcome to the forum! The Aussie branch of speedbagforum.com is growing day by day Definitely take a look at the Powermill swivel. It's the best deal going,not just by the quality , but the shipping is minimal!
                Hi and welcome 79rhino, I agree with Tim, I just got my Powermill swivel shipped to the UK and it's excellent. Best swivel I've used, and I've tried a ubolt and two types of ballhook.

Good luck and enjoy your speedbagging

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Hey rhino, welcome to the forum, mate. Great to see another bagger from down under joining the forum. Forget the Watkins swivel; jumpcannon's Powermill is the way to go.

Comment

• 79rhino
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Dec 2010

Hi Jumpcannon,

Having trouble sending you a private message - definitely put me down for the requested Powermills. Let me know re Paypal. I think you should be charging more for your time!

Cheers,
                    Ryan

Comment

• jumpcannon
                      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

ii got your messages. buyers pay shipping but i use flat rate. its only 5 bucks for up to 3 swivels in the us. and 14 bucks for international shipping up to 2 swivels because theres a 4lb restriction internationally. i dont try to profit on shipping cause post office is so close and i drive by it all the time anyway. i just charge for the swivs. i ran into a couple setbacks on this batch....but hope to have em ready by the end of the year. as far as price.....it will vary every batch depending on materials cost. same steel jumps up and down on price alot depending on whats in stock. if they gotta ship my steel in its almost twice the price for exact same amount. i shop around at 3 different steel mills before i purchase materials.
                      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• 79rhino
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Dec 2010

Awesome thanks. Appreciate it!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...