• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeMcC
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2007

Review - Ringside Heavy Duty Deluxe Bag Stand

Gentlemen,

At Ringside, we are serious about fight sports, especially boxing and MMA. We offer the best prices on boxing equipment in addition to videos, tutorials, and guides. Low-cost shipping guaranteed!

I see the threads on here all the time pertaining to heavy bag stands and which one is "the best" or which one is good quality. I felt that it would be beneficial to some to post a review out there for this specific bag stand. I know when I was looking at different stands there was NOTHING out there about this one, and the pictures on the website were OK at best.

I ordered the stand from Ringside on 6/3/07 and have had a pretty good time with it thus far. I bought it to replace an Everlast heavy bag stand / speed bag stand combo which was an complete piece of trash when used with a heavy bag. I felt it was too week to support a 100lb heavy bag and it turns out it was. Anyway, I've got the Everlast stand now as a double bag stand and the ringside stand is now my primary heavy bag station.

Upon initial inspection of the package I was pleased to see they had actually put some time into preventing damaged during shipping, this thing was packed full of packing peanuts so nothing was dinged or scratched at all.

I started setting it up according to the directions, and honestly they suck, however it's a heavy bag stand so it's not rocket science to put together. The only real problem I had when assembling the stand was getting the front "cross member" to connect between the two front legs. Apparently they welded the main brace wrong or made the cross member too short, so I won't be able to hang a double ended bag from this stand. It does have mounts for standard weight plates to keep the base from moving. I added 100lbs

After finally getting it all together minus the front cross member it was time to give it a whirl. I can say that this thing is solid as a rock compared to the everlast stand. I believe they are using 10ga steel for all the construction except the support beams which feel like 12ga. I can hit this thing as hard as possible and only slightly move the stand (needs another 50-100lbs). It also raised the bag up to where I needed it. The highest setting is 7'10" and with me being 6'5" it's frustrating to always be "hitting down".

I can honestly say this stand feels like it will last 50 years without a problem. It was expensive at $400 after shipping, but I didn't want to take a chance on another crap stand like the everlast. I have also used the "live chat" feature twice on ringside.com and it's awesome! Both times I've used it I've had my problems solved very quickly. I can honestly say if you want to mount a bag indoors but don't have a joist or support beam to mount to, this is THE BEST way to do it under $500.
  • jaguiler
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2007

very nice -

you should really contact them about the illfitting front crossmember... it may be there for stability as well... likewise - I know if I paid $400 for a stand - I would expect everything to work properly.

have fun - hit safe

Comment

• JERSEY KID
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2007

Originally posted by jaguiler View Post
      very nice -

you should really contact them about the illfitting front crossmember... it may be there for stability as well... likewise - I know if I paid $400 for a stand - I would expect everything to work properly.

have fun - hit safe
      I will 2nd that!!! it should fit, maybe instead of including a wrench they should have included a cable comalong to pull those legs together,I sure would make it fit.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
      Working...