• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 97mustang82
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Aug 2007

Heavy Bag Decision and Filler

Alright, I'm looking to buy a new heavy bag between 70-80lbs. I already have a 100lb Everlast Worldwide Nevatear bag that I purchased used for $20.00. Not bad, but it's got hard spots. I ductaped them to know where thy are. I also have a 40lb nevatear double end MMA heavy bag that is just amazingly awsome. No hardposts at all in 1 year and I bought it used for $15. It's light and it's hung high in my garage so when I hit it it moves around alot which really lets me use my foot work alot and I can slip the bag aswell.

This new bag I need is for that same purpose, but 70-80lbs so there isn't as much sway as my 40lb bag so that I have to work harder to get it to move. Plus the 70-80lb bags are 14" wide compared to the 12" 40lb bag and longer.

I was thinking about a 70lb everlast nevatear bag but I opened one up at walmart and it had hard spots just like my 100lb bag. I definatly want a bag without hardspots. So i'm thinking about Titles unfilled Synthetic leather heavy bag. ($60.00 + $10.00 shipping) http://store.titleboxing.com/hbv.html
    What and how should I fill this bag? I've hear putting sand in first at the bottom, then rippes cloth and then sane up top. Or putting a tube in the center filled with sand and the cloth around it and even bed foam on the outter part and cloth in side it. Any one here stuff bags? What do you recomend and do you think I should just go with the everlast bag. I am on a budget and can't spend more than $70. What bags do you recomend and is the ringside unfilled powerhide heavy bag any better than the Title bag? http://www.ringside.com/DETAIL.ASPX?ID=24743
  • metaldad
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2007

I'm wondering the same thing myself. I've got a Century bag that I want to fill up to add some weight to, Iwas wondering if putting old clothes in it would do the trick
    sigpic

Comment

• Chris M
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Mar 2006

Goodwill or Salvation Army is an excellent place to get filler. If you tell them what you want the clothes for, they'll usually load you up for free or a very minimal charge.

Comment

• metaldad
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Chris M View Post
        Goodwill or Salvation Army is an excellent place to get filler. If you tell them what you want the clothes for, they'll usually load you up for free or a very minimal charge.
        Hm,.. never thought of that, I might give it a try, thanks
        sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...