• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BagBoy
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2018

Purchasing 1st Title Bag.

I've got my three Cleto's that I love, a monster 8-11 TKO and an Everlast 6-9 4241 that I received today and it doesn't compare to the Cleto's. I really want to check out some of the title bags so I'm considering the platinum atomic, the classic (seems to only come in red) or the gyro. I'm looking for something with a nice fast snap and the title bags also look to have a nice wide belly. I've seen one of Tim's videos where he compares the Classic to the atomic, he seems to slightly favor the atomic. Thinking about a 6-9 or a 5-8.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
    Last edited by BagBoy; 04-06-2018, 01:30 AM. Reason: Dental Surgery
    Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
    I've got my three Cleto's that I love, a monster 8-11 TKO and an Everlast 6-9 4241 that I received today and it doesn't compare to the Cleto's. I really want to check out some of the title bags so I'm considering the platinum atomic, the classic (seems to only come in red) or the gyro. I'm looking for something with a nice fast snap and the title bags also look to have a nice wide belly. I've seen one of Tim's videos where he compares the Classic to the atomic, he seems to slightly favor the atomic. Thinking about a 6-9 or a 5-8.

Any opinions would be appreciated.
    I owned the classic 8x5. Lightweight but decent bag. Worked well on chainlink and u-bolt. A little too light and slow on the ballhook. You might want to get the larger classic, it being so light. I also owned the atomic 9x6. Worked fantastic on the the u-bolt. Faster than most bags, a little light, but the speed was great. Caution: I wouldn’t get anything smaller than the 9x6 atomic. It’s a light bag, so you want to get large enough to wear it actually feels like you’re hitting something. The title gyros are among my favorites. I have all the sizes. They are heavy, solid bags. Not the fastest, but you definitely get a good workout with those. They work fine on the u-bolt, but I have found that they work best on a good chainlink.
    Last edited by riqal; 04-06-2018, 08:54 AM.

Comment

• BagBoy
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by riqal View Post
      I owned the classic 8x5. Lightweight but decent bag. Worked well on chainlink and u-bolt. A little too light and slow on the ballhook. You might want to get the larger classic, it being so light. I also owned the atomic 9x6. Worked fantastic on the the u-bolt. Faster than most bags, a little light, but the speed was great. Caution: I wouldn’t get anything smaller than the 9x6 atomic. It’s a light bag, so you want to get large enough to wear it actually feels like you’re hitting something. The title gyros are among my favorites. I have all the sizes. They are heavy, solid bags. Not the fastest, but you definitely get a good workout with those. They work fine on the u-bolt, but I have found that they work best on a good chainlink.
      Thanks Rigal. I should have added that the bag will be hung on a forza. My cleto 6 9 works better than does the 5 8 on the ball hook. Narrowed it down to the Gyro maybe the atomic.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• riqal
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Aug 2006

Thanks Rigal. I should have added that the bag will be hung on a forza. My cleto 6 9 works better than does the 5 8 on the ball hook. Narrowed it down to the Gyro maybe the atomic.
        You can’t go wrong with any of the gyros. Trust me, they are solid, excellent bags. Is the forza a ball hook? If so, go with the gyro 8x5. It is a sweet little bag. Pump it up to the max for optimal speed. Don’t change the bladder as soon as you get it. Keep the original bladder and give it a chance. You get a gyro, and you will fall in love with it as it is. I did.

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by riqal View Post
          You can’t go wrong with any of the gyros. Trust me, they are solid, excellent bags. Is the forza a ball hook? If so, go with the gyro 8x5. It is a sweet little bag. Pump it up to the max for optimal speed. Don’t change the bladder as soon as you get it. Keep the original bladder and give it a chance. You get a gyro, and you will fall in love with it as it is. I did.
          Thanks for the recommendation!

Gyro 6-9 is on the way Odds are I'll end up with the other two I mentioned, eventually..
          Last edited by BagBoy; 04-06-2018, 07:14 PM. Reason: 6-9 gyro

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• mirokiuru
            • Jun 2015

Thanks for the recommendation!

Gyro 6-9 is on the way Odds are I'll end up with the other two I mentioned, eventually..
            The yellow 5 x 8 title bag people seems really love here I think i will buy it myself soon

i would like to hear what you think about gyro bag when it arrives + some pictures of course

Comment

• BagBoy
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
              The yellow 5 x 8 title bag people seems really love here I think i will buy it myself soon

i would like to hear what you think about gyro bag when it arrives + some pictures of course
              Yeah, you're right about the yellow I see it everywhere, except in local fitness stores I've seriously been tossing that one around as a candidate. Either way I know I'll have two, maybe four Title's within the next six months. The Gyro will just be the first.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• jrgalioto
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Mar 2018

Yeah, you're right about the yellow I see it everywhere, except in local fitness stores I've seriously been tossing that one around as a candidate. Either way I know I'll have two, maybe four Title's within the next six months. The Gyro will just be the first.
                Oddly enough, at least on the setup at my gym, the yellow super speed bag has a faster bounce than the smaller green super speed bag. I don't totally understand why though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• mirokiuru
                  • Jun 2015

the 4 x 7 title has intresting shape, the neck looks really long and after that there is a thick looking loop. Would be intresting to see how it would perform if someone would put 5 x 8 bladder inside

Comment

• jrgalioto
                    Speed Bag Trainee
                    • Mar 2018

Originally posted by mirokiuru View Post
                    the 4 x 7 title has intresting shape, the neck looks really long and after that there is a thick looking loop. Would be intresting to see how it would perform if someone would put 5 x 8 bladder inside
                    I still have the bag, and an orange title bladder. I might see how that works.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• BagBoy
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2018

Update

So I ordered the Gyro, but what I received was the 6-9 classic (the red one) Sooo I've pumped it up and I really like this unexpected bag. I could've returned it, but I'll keep it and re-order the Gyro! I would have ended up having both of them eventually. Not complaining. This addiction is getting expensive.. not complaining.

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...