• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1littlepolly
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Jun 2009

chain-link swivel retainging clip removal made easy

Hello fellow baggers. My next door neighbor, a motorcycle mechanic, showed me an easy way to remove the retaining clip with a regular pair of pliers. After busting my knuckles trying two other reccommended methods, I was all ears. The method shown to me removes and replaces the clip by starting with the jaws open. It is the closing action that pops the clip off and replaces it the same way. I realize this post will probably not help until I post photos/video. But, I wanted to get my feet wet here and offer some hope for those who also find removing the clip to be a major pain. One jaw grabs the post, the other jaw rests just in front of the open end of the clip.
    Slowly close the jaws and watch it pop right off. To replace the clip, one jaw grabs the closed end of the clip while the other jaw grabs the post. Close the jaws and the clip goes back on easily. If you can do this by reading these instructions with no help from photo/video, you got game!
    Let me know if this helps.
Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Working...