X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snoof
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Mar 2010

Wow, that's lousy Biff. I ordered my swivel & extra ball/short hook on 3/1 and got it this past Saturday. I did send follow up emails asking for status updates, but never got any reply. My card was charged the same day yours was, very odd that you never received anything.

If you need a replacement ball ASAP shoot me a msg, and I'll put my extra ball/long hook in the mail for ya.

Comment

• Biff
      Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by Snoof View Post
      Wow, that's lousy Biff. I ordered my swivel & extra ball/short hook on 3/1 and got it this past Saturday. I did send follow up emails asking for status updates, but never got any reply. My card was charged the same day yours was, very odd that you never received anything.

If you need a replacement ball ASAP shoot me a msg, and I'll put my extra ball/long hook in the mail for ya.
      I have to wonder now - what was the company's name that you ordered from? I orderedf rom Fitness-Equipment out of NC, their number is 1-800-235-8341. Is this the same company?

Thanks for the offer, Snoof, but there is no hurry (obviously lol). I just want to put together a couple of hybrids for the local YMCA.

Comment

• Snoof
        Speed Bag Trainee
        • Mar 2010

Yep, same place Biff. Definitely a company with multiple issues, unfortunately. If you change your mind just let me know.

Comment

• Biff
          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Well, called again. This time I talked to the "other" guy. He said they were redesigning the metal ball/hook and are out of stock on the swivels, and replacement balls/hooks. They are awaiting a shipment of balls from overseas and then need to "work" on them. He said they were looking at 90 days for them to be ready to ship.

I got my card credited, and still have no idea how other people have rec'd this stuff and I haven't, even though I've been trying since January.

I explained to him that there is a growing number of baggers who are looking for the metal ball/hooks. I don't think he was too impressed, since he told me his company has world-wide sales of over 70,000 orders a day.

C'est la vie!

Comment

• operator3
            • Mar 2010

That's too bad. Looks like I'm gonna have to take matters into my own hands. I'll see if I can find a machinist in my area. I'll let you guys know what I find out. It shouldn't be that hard to do. As long as I can get people to buy a few, I should be able to get a bunch made to keep costs down. But they will be made from the best possible materials. No made in china pot metal crap.

Comment

• biguglybear
              • Mar 2010

Sorry about your trouble, Biff, I ordered mine from the same place as you about a month ago and got it only in a few days. Sucks for you though.

Comment

• Eighty-Eight

• Feb 2008

For what it's worth, I'm still waiting for the shorter ball hook swivel from Fitness Equipment. My original order with Fitness Equipment was in October of '09. About a month later (after several phone calls to them), I received the ball hook swivel in the mail, but did not receive the ball hook swivel with the shorter hook. After several more calls to them, the guy finally said that the shorter hook models are on back order. I asked him if he knew what the new turn-around time would be. He said probably not till the beginning of 2010. I called at the end of January '10 and was told they wouldn't be available until March. Called again in early March and was told that they have a list of all the customers waiting for the shorter hook. They will send them out when they become available.

Comment

• Biff
                  Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

Originally posted by operator3 View Post
                  That's too bad. Looks like I'm gonna have to take matters into my own hands. I'll see if I can find a machinist in my area. I'll let you guys know what I find out. It shouldn't be that hard to do. As long as I can get people to buy a few, I should be able to get a bunch made to keep costs down. But they will be made from the best possible materials. No made in china pot metal crap.
                  Hey O3, if you find someone who can machine them, put me down for 4. I only need the ball and set screw, I have the eye/S-hooks from 4 other Everlast plastic swivels I purchased some time ago.

Let us know how you make out. And thanks for looking into it for us.

Originally posted by biguglybear
                  Sorry about your trouble, Biff, I ordered mine from the same place as you about a month ago and got it only in a few days. Sucks for you though.
                  Thanks for the concern BUB, looks like I'm a bridesmaid again.

Originally posted by Eighty-Eight
                  For what it's worth, I'm still waiting for the shorter ball hook swivel from Fitness Equipment. My original order with Fitness Equipment was in October of '09. About a month later (after several phone calls to them), I received the ball hook swivel in the mail, but did not receive the ball hook swivel with the shorter hook. After several more calls to them, the guy finally said that the shorter hook models are on back order. I asked him if he knew what the new turn-around time would be. He said probably not till the beginning of 2010. I called at the end of January '10 and was told they wouldn't be available until March. Called again in early March and was told that they have a list of all the customers waiting for the shorter hook. They will send them out when they become available.
                  Seems I've heard that story somewhere before 88, lol. Not much we can do, since we're at their mercy.
                  Last edited by Biff; 03-18-2010, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Griffin
                    • Jan 2010

Operator, you can count me in for sure... I've been thinking about a better made swivel as well... keep us posted!

Comment

• operator3
                      • Mar 2010

Not a problem. Helping a worthy community like this one is what it's all about. I've got 2 machine shops near me that are located on the same street. I'm at work all day today and tomorrow. Buti will go by there asap to get the logistics nailed down. It shouldnt be hard to get a good deal with two shops bidding on the work. As for the set screw, I think it would be a better idea to just have the ball made and tap some threads into it. That way, you can go to home depot and just buy the correct sized screw. Our main issue is the actual out sourcing of the ball itself. You can probably even find better hook/linkage hardware if you do it yourself. There's no reason any of us should be waiting for months for things we can make/find ourselves. Necessity is the mother of invention. Or in this case, REinvention. Stay tuned....

Comment

• fingers
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • May 2008

Not a problem. Helping a worthy community like this one is what it's all about. I've got 2 machine shops near me that are located on the same street. I'm at work all day today and tomorrow. Buti will go by there asap to get the logistics nailed down. It shouldnt be hard to get a good deal with two shops bidding on the work. As for the set screw, I think it would be a better idea to just have the ball made and tap some threads into it. That way, you can go to home depot and just buy the correct sized screw. Our main issue is the actual out sourcing of the ball itself. You can probably even find better hook/linkage hardware if you do it yourself. There's no reason any of us should be waiting for months for things we can make/find ourselves. Necessity is the mother of invention. Or in this case, REinvention. Stay tuned....
                        I am sure the UK contingent would be interested too! we cant get any quality swivels here well maybe with the exception of the GOLDEN SWVEL!!

Comment

• Clubber Lang
                          • Mar 2010

Yes, you know it !!

My 25 carat solid Gold swivel is accepted by all earthlings as being the best Swivel in the universe.

Egyptologists and Aztecologists have only today managed to de-code the strange languages used by these races which were carved in stone millions of years of ago. The hieroglyphs on the Pyramid of Khufu were decoded by my friend: Dr.Daniel Jackson.

They speak of a very bright Golden light descending from the sky and people called this mysterious object 'RA', God of the Sun.

They also found a large stone ring near the Golden Swivel.

Jackson translates the hieroglyphs on the stone ring's coverstones, which read: "A million years into the sky is Ra, Sun God. Sealed and buried for all time, his Stargate." Formerly retired Air Force Colonel Jack O'Neil arrives to take command of the project and declares all information regarding it classified (unclassified today).

Jackson notices that the symbols are star constellations that are coordinates for a location within space, the sequence is entered into the stargate, creating a wormhole to a location in another galaxy. After O'Neil leads a team through the stargate, they find themselves inside a pyramid in the middle of vast sand dunes. Jackson reveals they cannot dial home because the Stargate coordinates to go back to Earth are missing. Some team members stay at the pyramid while Jackson, O'Neil, and others go out and discover a mining village inhabited by humans who assume them to be gods sent by Ra

The Golden Swivel is not of this world.

The ancient and highly developed civilisations of past were all created by worship to the Golden Swivel. These civilisations all fell because they dis-obeyed the Golden Swivel and started to worship false swivels such as the Plastic Swivel.

That is the reason why these civilisations all collapsed and were lost in history. It was around this time that Thulsa Doom got hold of the Golden Swivel and hoped to use its special powers for badness and improper Speed Bag techniques.

The history of the Golden Swivel is both rich and deep.

If anyone is interested I can go in to more detail about the Anti-Swivel that also arrived on this planet we call earth and the conflict that happened. Earth: Final Conflict.

Comment

• operator3
                            • Mar 2010

So the issue of size(of the ball)has been raised. Since the hook makes contact with the rim of the plastic base, the general consensus is that the diameter of the ball needs to be bigger in order for us to widen the opening a little. Allowing us to gain more clearance. I've also been thinking of a plastic insert for the inside of the everlast that would add a top to the internals of the everlast. Kinda like ball/socket joint, eliminating float completely.

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

So the issue of size(of the ball)has been raised. Since the hook makes contact with the rim of the plastic base, the general consensus is that the diameter of the ball needs to be bigger in order for us to widen the opening a little. Allowing us to gain more clearance. I've also been thinking of a plastic insert for the inside of the everlast that would add a top to the internals of the everlast. Kinda like ball/socket joint, eliminating float completely.
                              How did your hybrid hook work with the Watkins ball? Wondering if the joint where the eyehook connects to the s-hook is even necessary. It's a point of wear, does it serve a useful function?

Comment

• jimcaher
                                • Feb 2010

I combined the Wakins ball with the threaded hook from the plastic model along with the plastic base. The threaded stem is a bit too small for the set screw in the Watkins ball to hold it secure. The fix that worked was to put JB Weld on the threaded stem (not the set screw) allow it set for several hours then tighten the set screw. I put grease on the set screw before applying the JB so that the JB would not fix the set screw in place in the ball. I let it set overnight and it seems to be holding just fine. I also put a thin layer of grease on the ball before doing anything else in case I got any JB on it.

In my view plastic base + metal ball is the perfect solution.

I find it curious that swivel makers (i.e. Everlast) have turned a deaf ear to the needs of Schreoder/Kahn style baggers as opposed to boxing style slammers. They persist in developing hinge type swivels while discontinuing the ball hook.

Jim Caher

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...