• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jonzel
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • May 2007

Problem with Title Bag

I decided to upgrade from my everlast 10x7 4214 and chain link swivel. So I got
    a pro swivel and a title 9x6 red bag. This one [URL="http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html"]
    So I set it up and my rebounds are ridiculously slow. As if the bag were a little flat. So i pump it up a little more, and still slow. So I'm thinking maybe its the swivel. So i put on my old beat up 4214 and it works beautifully. So just to be sure its the bag I swap out my new pro swivel for the old chain link and still the rebounds are slow. I've read that smaller bags are supposed to be faster. I've
    also read that smaller bags require a "different hit" but I didn't think going from a 10x7 to a 9x6 would be that much different, Plus I'm not new to speed bagging. I've been beating on my 4214 & chain link for several years. I've tried
    pumping it up to various levels and its still slow. I have no idea what the problem is. Does anyone have advice?
    Thanks
  • rainbowsixveg
    • Jun 2007

Platform

He, Thats pretty wierd, but I might have an explnation. It might be your plaform because if its not stable it will not rebound or maybe theres a problem with the bag..

Comment

• JERSEY KID
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • May 2007

I don't think there is a problem w/the bag you have to consider, what does it weight compared to your other bag and shape of bag,how far does the bag travel before contact w/drum. All this will have an effect. I also noticed that when I went to smaller size bag.

Comment

• Speedbag
        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jonzel View Post
        I decided to upgrade from my everlast 10x7 4214 and chain link swivel. So I got
        a pro swivel and a title 9x6 red bag. This one [URL="http://store.titleboxing.com/titlespeedbags1.html"]
        So I set it up and my rebounds are ridiculously slow. As if the bag were a little flat. So i pump it up a little more, and still slow. So I'm thinking maybe its the swivel. So i put on my old beat up 4214 and it works beautifully. So just to be sure its the bag I swap out my new pro swivel for the old chain link and still the rebounds are slow. I've read that smaller bags are supposed to be faster. I've
        also read that smaller bags require a "different hit" but I didn't think going from a 10x7 to a 9x6 would be that much different, Plus I'm not new to speed bagging. I've been beating on my 4214 & chain link for several years. I've tried
        pumping it up to various levels and its still slow. I have no idea what the problem is. Does anyone have advice?
        Thanks
        I can't think of any reason for what you describe. Maybe go a bit smaller to the yellow 8x5
        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
        The Quest Continues...
        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
        Working...