X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • juxt
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

msD, any requests for what i put in the video? any special tests or method of comparing bags. otherwise im just gonna keep it simple and just film me punching the small then the medium.

Comment

• Zaza
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by juxt View Post
      msD, any requests for what i put in the video? any special tests or method of comparing bags. otherwise im just gonna keep it simple and just film me punching the small then the medium.
      I have a request...can just see your fist next to the bag to get a better idea of their size...please?

I've never run across these 'half sizes' in a bag before. I really like my 6x9's and wonder which is closest to that size (like the Lonsdale Peanut ball)

Thanks,
      -Za
      Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
      http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by juxt View Post
        Hey juxt, no special requests, really. Maybe show your elbow punches on both the small and medium bag. Is the larger one just like the smaller one in shape? The small one I have has a nice shape. It's different from the typical bell-shape or teardrop shape. It seems like it is more like, how do I describe this? More like the shape of a Dream of Genie bottle, if you get my drift (kind of like the lamp image here). For me, this shape makes for a tighter sweet spot on the bag. It's okay if I'm not trying to do any fancy elbow stuff. It's great if you want speed – it's incredibly fast!

I'd just like to know if the larger bag has a larger "target" when punching.

I'm anxious to work with the bag more, but I haven't had a lot of extra time this past week to workout...
        Attached Files
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• juxt
          Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

the bounce did feel strange on this bag when i first got it. I'm starting to get used to it- i wouldn't even say its bad, just different. yes, it is very fast.

Im should be getting the leone swivel soon too. i wanna put that into the video. i just hope it can screw into the everlast swivel base. or hopefully the screw holes of the swivel bases will line up

Comment

• MMurphy162
            Speed Bag Trainee
            • Feb 2012

Well I'm getting one of these too. I ordered a Title Classic that the website said was "in stock". When I got the email saying that it was back ordered, I wrote back to complain for the misdirection and they offered two other bags for the same price (20 bucks). I really didn't like the options and requested a better price on the Leone Speedball. They came back and offered it at $30. I jumped on it. I don't know what others think about www.titleboxing.com but I think they are pretty concerned about customer relations.

Comment

• juxt
              Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Leone's chainlink swivel gets a thumbs down. long story short- false advertising, cheaply made, no bags will fit on it. short story long:

when i first opened it i noticed the package said made in pakistan. when i took it out the bag, first thing i noticed, the thin metalic coat it had was flaking off a lot. then taking the pin off was very difficult it was stuck on. the link that holds the bag was very difficult to take apart to get the bag on. parts were getting stuck, i had to take that link apart with a channel lock. finally when i was gonna put the leone bag on it, there was no way the loop of the leone or any other bag i have would fit. definitely not worth drilling new holes in my board for this swivel. the swivel doesn't say leone on it, and i doubt they had anything to do with making it.
              Last edited by juxt; 03-08-2012, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• MMurphy162
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2012

Great bag

I got the bag today and I think it is awesome. I worked out for an hour on it. It's fast! I'm not but I'll get it.

Comment

• MMurphy162
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Feb 2012

My bagging is nothing to video. Maybe I'll take a snap shot. Ha

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Small Leone speed bag in action

Well, I put together this punch-drumming clip hitting on the small Leone bag. I'm still adjusting to this bag. It's fast. It's pretty light, and it's bouncy. And like Juxt said, it's shaped a little differently and seems to bounce off the board a little differently.

I ran out of steam a couple of times in the video and had to stop to catch my breath... guess I should have picked a slower song, but I wanted to show how fast the bag is! I think Skunk would really like this bag.

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Boltbaby
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                      Well, I put together this punch-drumming clip hitting on the small Leone bag. I'm still adjusting to this bag. It's fast. It's pretty light, and it's bouncy. And like Juxt said, it's shaped a little differently and seems to bounce off the board a little differently.

I ran out of steam a couple of times in the video and had to stop to catch my breath... guess I should have picked a slower song, but I wanted to show how fast the bag is! I think Skunk would really like this bag.

Thanks, I've been dying to see a video of this bag. Dig the sort of psychedelic in the background. Is the song "Who's that Lady?" ; )

I'd love to get one of these bags.
                      The rhythm is gonna get you, too!

Comment

• paranday
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2009

Jimi Hendrix recorded with the Isley Brothers. "Move Over and Let Me Dance" is one such tune.

Comment

• Boltbaby
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                          ...Who's that lady, ernie isley: bad ass riff. did you know that jimmy stayed at the isley brothers mon's house for a little while when he was young maybe thats where ernie picked up some of that great jammin from...ralph
                          Love that tune. "Look yeah, but don't touch"
                          The rhythm is gonna get you, too!

Comment

• PunchDrummer
                            • Jan 2012

That sounded great Dee! Right on the beat.
                            Looks like you spiffed-up your platform too.
                            Where did you get that totally awesome quiet swivel?

Comment

• Maple Leaf
                              Speed Bag Trainee
                              • Feb 2012

I enjoyed that Miss D thank you for posting that.
                              I now need to get me one of those bags

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...