Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aad03

• Jan 2010

Ebozyn, I'll buy all your Cleto's for $40 a piece.

Comment

• Hannibal
      • Dec 2010

wait till black friday this year...they are probably going to go new for 50. Another great bag sorely underestimated in my opinion is the grant professional bag. Thing has some serious bounce to it.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
        • Apr 2011

Help - New Title XS with no Bounce?!?

Little help here...

I just got a Title XS 5x8, the gold one. I ordered it before I saw this thread, but was really excited about it once I read the above messages. It looks solid and feels good, but the rebounds are terrible. This is my first "little" bag, but I really gotta hammer the bag to get decent rebounds. I'm not sure if the leather is thicker or if the bladder is poor...? I tried it at my normal inflation, tired over and even under inflating it, but couldn't find a decent return bounce. I mainly hit a 6x9 NOS Ringside (with a Title bladder).

I expected the Title XS to be much faster and to really bounce. Anyone experienced anything like this??? I've got it boxed up and ready to return --I was going to exchange for a Title Classic, 5x8, (the red bag) instead?

I replaced the popped bladder in my Ringside 6x9 with a Title bladder and it gave my Ringside a ton of new life, really great bounce and rebounds, so I expected the Title XS to really GO, but instead I'm disappointed.

I was curious of people's experiences and if anyone's had anything like this??
        Is it just because it's a smaller bag? Did I get a lemon? Kinda weird...?

Been thinking of getting a Cleto too, hear a lot about them here, but i agree it is a bit pricey...
        -
        Owner/Operator
        www.TheBlastingCabinet.com

LIKE on Facebook @ www.Facebook.com/TheBlastingCabinet

Comment

• aad03

• Jan 2010

I'm sure the bag itself is good, you should try a latex bladder. I've put the Ringside Latex bladder in some of my slower bags and it gave them plenty of bounce.

Comment

• ebozyn
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2010

Cleto Reyes. The $40 bag.

Originally posted by aad03 View Post
            Ebozyn, I'll buy all your Cleto's for $40 a piece.

I like that. $40, now that's the price they should be selling for. Unfortunately, you'll have to continue buying them retail, or for anywhere from, what are they... $60 to $80? i wont be selling mine for that price. i payed $70 per bag. And i do use them a few times a week to work on speed. Maybe in a year or so, when i get faster i can use them more.

Comment

• 08speed3
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
              Little help here...

I just got a Title XS 5x8, the gold one. I ordered it before I saw this thread, but was really excited about it once I read the above messages. It looks solid and feels good, but the rebounds are terrible. This is my first "little" bag, but I really gotta hammer the bag to get decent rebounds. I'm not sure if the leather is thicker or if the bladder is poor...? I tried it at my normal inflation, tired over and even under inflating it, but couldn't find a decent return bounce. I mainly hit a 6x9 NOS Ringside (with a Title bladder).

I expected the Title XS to be much faster and to really bounce. Anyone experienced anything like this??? I've got it boxed up and ready to return --I was going to exchange for a Title Classic, 5x8, (the red bag) instead?

I replaced the popped bladder in my Ringside 6x9 with a Title bladder and it gave my Ringside a ton of new life, really great bounce and rebounds, so I expected the Title XS to really GO, but instead I'm disappointed.

I was curious of people's experiences and if anyone's had anything like this??
              Is it just because it's a smaller bag? Did I get a lemon? Kinda weird...?

Been thinking of getting a Cleto too, hear a lot about them here, but i agree it is a bit pricey...
              No u didnt get a lemon. The Title bags are like that. I have the 5x8 gold & the 6x9 Red. I also got the 2- Red Title classics in both sizes. They hit the same to me, slower. Just a different type of bag i guess. I read someone post that its a bag you can (control). This statement is true. Ralph's NOS Ringside bags are faster.

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                • Apr 2011

Great info in the above posts.

I was starting to get frustrated about 4-5 weeks into my bagging. Watching a lot of videos from seasoned pros, hearing about sorts of different bags, read a ton of reviews on bags... I wasn't making progress... I owned a cheap Everlast Te:L and one of Ralph's 6x9 NOS Ringsides. I was thinking that I might need to buy a "better", more $$ bag like a Cleto or some "balanced" bag because my technique wasn't coming along as fast as I wanted it to. I got the Title XS bag which didn't bounce very well and frustrated me even more... so I spent more $$ and I still sucked...

I mainly bagged on my Ringside because it was cooler then the beachball Everlast, but I was lacking control. So I watched Ebozyn's video with the Title XS (a MUST SEE!) and listened to Zack and a few others talk about controlling the bag... so I exiled myself for a week with only my Everlast Te:L. I worked this big, bouncy bag slow and deliberately and worked on repetitive patterns then would add another pattern into the mix each day. After that week I felt much more in control and am NOW able tell differences in my bagging and in different bags.

I've since added a Lonsdale Original Peanut (thanks to Mrs Mitts in the UK for helping!) and a Fighting Sports XS white bag to my collection.

My thoughts on bags---
                1) It's not the bag, it's the person. I worked the bigger, "cheaper" Everlast bag keeping the pace slow and I got outta my funk. I have since added bags to my collection because I feel ready NOT because I need a "better" bag to make me better. (I think the Title XS bag I got must have been just an unlucky bad one?? - or sent from the "Bagging Gods" to enlighten me )
                2) The Everlast Te series bags are the only locally available bags found in sporting good stores (at least in my area). The Te:L feels like hitting a beach ball, very bouncy, but if you work it slow it's a great entry level bag. I've come to appreciate it much more.
                3) The Ringside NOS 6x9 is VERY FAST - so I have discovered. So pretty much being new and going from an Everlast Te:L to a Ringside NOS after only bagging for a week (for me) led to some frustration. Going back to ONLY the Everlast Te:L for a whole week was good for my technique.
                4) I added the Lonsdale Original Peanut to my collection a week ago - I LOVE this bag. It is well built, more of a teardrop shape, hits very smooth, I am able to keep up with it and control the pace slower or faster. It is not as fast as the Ringside NOS.
                5) I just added the Fighting Sports XS white bag to my collection yesterday and am liking this one a lot. Well constructed, solid, smaller but controllable. The Ringside NOS 6x9 is more slender and still faster then this XS bag (in my opinion)
                6) I did send back the Title XS gold bag, I think it was a dead bag, had no bounce-- exchanged it for the Fighting Sports bag above (TitleBoxing.com folks were great and easy to work with)

Now that I've added the Lonsdale and the Fighting Sports bags I'm able to appreciate the construction and the different shapes and speeds. The Ringside NOS is a great bag, but very fast -- as a newbie I didn't realize HOW fast it was and how important control is. It is rewarding to control the movement and tempo.

So anyway, that was my "learning process" and my "review" on a couple bags. Practicing daily. Hope to be posting an update video sometime soon!
                Last edited by ExEODCDR; 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM.
                -
                Owner/Operator

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Great post Ex! (that's short for ExEODCDR sir)

I think we went throught the same things. I had read that the Title Gyro was a fast bag, but the one I got was slower then slow...I returned it for the FS Pro which I love. MrsMitts also helped me get a Peanut, sweet!

You really can start to see & feel the different shapes and reboundability (is that a word?)...and find your baggin' preference. I "get it" now. We're all a little different, hit differently and have different styles and purpose to our baggin'.

Since restoring that old Spalding platform, I've actually really enjoyed hitting one of the first bags I ever bought, the Everlast Durahide medium (it's also the cheapest) http://store.titleboxing.com/everlas...speed-bag.html . I find it to be really fast, the right size & shape...and required less punching force for a good rebound. And who doesn't like a carbon fiber bag?

I now work on techniques with the bigger, slower bags and move on to the smaller, faster bags to impliment those techniques in combinations...seems to work for me, but then again, I haven't been hitting for 3 months yet (that will be June 10th). What a great activity, wish I discovered it years ago. Bag on!!

ZazaCast Films lives here too! Please enjoy my films & what-not. Feel free to visit http://www.zazacast.com for more films. Checkout: http://www.zazaslider.com too!
                  Last edited by Zaza; 06-03-2011, 09:09 AM.
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                    Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

I got obsessed and bought a lot...
                    I have had 2 separate groups of bags stolen in my travels...
                    NYC... prob about 6-7 bags in a duffel bag accidentally taken off the Foreinger
                    Speed Bag Truck...
                    NJ... my parents summer home, after Speed B.A.G. I... just got a couple Atomics too... that was about 6-7 bags...

So.... bout 12 stolen...

Still have about 18.... I'm on tour so I can't count...

In total....
                    and they are all like Snare drums or les pauls...
                    they all have their own characteristics...
                    And the duplicates of each other do as well over time .... as dif amounts of wear and tear affect the way they feel, rebound and hit...
                    BAG ON!!!!
                    the winner is still the 6x4 black and yellow Everlast...
                    love the all white Fighting... 5x8... killer!

Last edited by spinsmashpop; 06-03-2011, 10:19 PM.

Comment

• freshane
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Nov 2010

Heres my lil collection.. hitting on everlast pro u-bolt, soon to be evil swivel yay!!

XS (4x6) Everlast black/yellow hard to find just won ebay auction Can't wait to try this one out!!

XS (7x4) NOS Ringside from Ralph, gettin new bladder hopefully it will make it rebound a lil better. I really like the skinny version and its the first small bag I've hit so I can't really compare it to anything just yet.

L Everlast Elite (10x7) that came with my platform. I actually Really like this bag. Its really starting to show its wear tho, cracks and some of the bottom yellow part is peeling.

XS Atomic (5x7) still waiting for it to arrive, can't wait

S Title Gyro (8x5) heard good things about this one, on its way

So I think I got a good variety of bags, I really want to add a cleto reyes. I was thinking the Small but not sure if that would be a good addition or could someone suggest another size. I don't really want to get another big bag like my everlast elite and don't want to go for something thats close to the same size as another bag I already own.

As mentioned before I ordered a couple ringside Small latex bladders just incase it pops again.. really high shipping to canada so I had to get them shipped to jumpcannon, that will be included with the evil swivel and title goodies. I also ordered a Small title bladder as a spare for my 2 title bags..

ExEODCDR wish I would have read your message before I placed the order.. I didn't know speed bag bladders were interchangable with different manufacturers. I have easier access to title and everlast bladders so thats good to know in the future. The bladder in my nos ringside bag doesn't look anything like the latex one its orange and ribbed kinda. So which bladder should I put in the ringside.. a latex ringside or title?

Which company makes the best bladders.. ringside, title or everlast??

Comment

• Zaza
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Apr 2011

I put a Ringside latex bladder in mine!

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                          • Apr 2011

I put a Title bladder in my Ringside NOS after it popped. They're all interchangeable I'd bet, as long as you get the right "size" bladder for your bag. The Title bladder I got was much thicker then the original Ringside NOS bladder and it brought new life to the bag. My Ringside NOS 6x9 is by far the fastest and lightest bag in my inventory. Zaza has a great pictorial "how to" essay on the site on changing bladders if you have questions on the process. It's not to difficult. (edit... or you can see post above mine... pays to look before you post -- Zaza also had MAD video skills!)

Over the past 2 months I added a Fighting Sports XS (the white bag) which I totally dig, but my FAVORITE by far is my Lonsdale Original Peanut bag from the UK (HUGE thanks to Mrs Mitts for the assistance!) I hit the peanut everyday! LOVE IT!
                          -
                          Owner/Operator

Comment

• Zaza
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ExEODCDR View Post
                            I hit the peanut everyday!
                            ....I wouldn't brag about that!

Comment

• ExEODCDR
                              • Apr 2011

Aw crap... well...

Bag on!!!
                              -
                              Owner/Operator

Comment

• freshane
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Nov 2010

Definately going to use that bladder tut I think I'm going to try the latex ringside bladder first since I have 2 of them coming and see how that goes. It also looks different then the one thats inside my ringside bag now so it might be comparible to the title. Thats great that they are all interchangable, I don't want to have to deal with ringsides ridiculous shipping to canada.

Any suggestions on what size cleto bag I should add to my collection or any other bags that would be good??

What size is the lonsdale peanut, and how much do they go for?

I really like carbon fiber.. I might have to pick up one of these cheapy everlast durahide bags after reading Zaza's post, how has the material of the durahide been holding up?? Read a review on amazon saying that he gone thru 2 bags in 2 months and the stitching was breaking apart.

Wonder how the Durahide Small 6x9 would do speedwise compared to a NOS Ringside 6x9, anyone know?

Thanks
                                Last edited by freshane; 07-02-2011, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...