Introducing The DEVILLE Swivel (aka "A-51")

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G-Town
    Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Area 51

MsDee, The swivel and it's Deville "masterpiece" I hope you bring one to SB3. You just can't have to many swivels... Can't wait to 3.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by G-Town View Post
      MsDee, The swivel and it's Deville "masterpiece" I hope you bring one to SB3. You just can't have to many swivels... Can't wait to 3.
      I guess I'll have to wait and see how this first batch is received by the members who ordered one. If they pass muster, then yes, I will definitely be bringing swivels to SB III! Watching those videos of you, Justin and Donnie at the gym made me wish I were there...I love the speed bag gatherings.
      Last edited by MsDeville; 02-16-2012, 03:10 AM.
      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by tjgonz View Post
        couldnt fit everyone on there sorry..plus Im kinda new here
        WOW... I made the poster!

Nice looking swivel MsDeVille...but I want one in tie-dye.
        Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Johnny O
          • Apr 2011

Looks Great!

MsDeville,

First of all your skills on the bag are top notch! The swivel looks and sounds very promising. I will PM you...

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Clarification

Originally posted by Gozzee
            well it fits my needs not to mention that scissorhands is a bible style puncher who mastered many of the biblical techniques in alan kahn's book all on the U-Bolt. they really do serve their purpose...
            And that's all we can hope for, to find a swivel, a bag, a drum, that fits our individual needs. I'm going out on a limb here and assuming that you come from a boxing background/interest. In my humble opinion, the u-bolt is great for that purpose. I love watching Manny punch on the speed bag, using a u-bolt. He gets into a zone and rhythm.

For me, personally, though, I gotta mix it up with the elbows, reverse punches, etc.

I first started out on a chain link, then about a month later, switched to an Everlast u-bolt. I used it for about 6 months. It served my needs – to keep the bag on the straight and narrow. As I progressed, I found that the u-bolt was unforgiving when I would attempt to do more than the basic front punches. Then, my s.o., "Trainer Raul" put up the S-hook. It took a few workouts to get used to it, but I've been in love with it ever since. It definitely fits my needs.

We came up with this swivel to see if we could eliminate some of the noise generated by a ball hook swivel.

For clarification, I'm not professing this to be a SILENT swivel. Just a QUIETER swivel. I hope I have achieved this. But, time will tell. I will wait for the feedback from those who have purchase one.

Bag on!
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by shacke View Post
              Delurking to say thanks for this. I am not loving my title chain link swivel very much.
              It's exciting to know that the Deville persuaded you to "de-lurk." Thanks for ordering one. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

couldnt fit everyone on there sorry..plus Im kinda new here
              Very cool, tj! I, too, love doing this fun stuff – just ask Alan. You beat me to the punch. Wow. Fast! And thanks for including me in the poster! Do you happen to have a higher resolution of the jpeg? I'd love to get a larger image of it.

Originally posted by GTRYDER View Post
              I sent you a PM and cant wait to hear back. I love the idea of a ball hook swivel being quiet! Thanks.

Ryan
              Thanks for you order, Ryan. It's much appreciated.

Originally posted by Zaza View Post

Thanks, Zaza. Hmmmm... tie-dye. For some reason, I didn't take you for a tie-dye kind of bagger. If we get enough positive response, we will move forward in this endeavor, and we will definitely do some experimenting with colors...

Originally posted by Johnny O View Post
              MsDeville,

First of all your skills on the bag are top notch! The swivel looks and sounds very promising. I will PM you...
              Thanks very much. I love to bag. Thanks for your interest in the swivel.

Comment

• Tim
                Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

You know what the means, right? You HAVE TO attend this year's event

Comment

• Zaza
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                  You are correct... I HAVE to!
                  Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
                  http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    You are correct... I HAVE to!

I'm planning on being there. I can't wait to meet you Zaza. And by the looks of it, PunchDrummer and Ebozyn will be making their debut attendance at SBIII as well!

MEANWHILE,
                    BACK AT THE RANCH...

I have been busy these past 3 days mailing off swivels. A few have confirmed receipt of their swivel. I am holding a few for some members, and I still have 3 or 4 available (I'll have to check my list). PM me if you're interest in one, or if I can answer any questions about it. Thanks, baggers.

Bag on.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MsDeville; 02-17-2012, 10:10 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

• GTRYDER
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Feb 2012

Just got mine in the mail, and posted a quick session on youtube. Very smooth, fast and quiet.
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/GTRYDER97

Comment

• Heppsan
                        • Jan 2011

Awesome work Dee, and great vids!!

Comment

• tjgonz
                          • Dec 2011

LOL I 2nd that!

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                          Very cool, tj! I, too, love doing this fun stuff – just ask Alan. You beat me to the punch. Wow. Fast! And thanks for including me in the poster! Do you happen to have a higher resolution of the jpeg? I'd love to get a larger image of it.
                          Thanks Ms D, Im lucky enough to make a living from it lately : ]]
                          Ive seen very cool stuff from you in the archives also, heres the uncompressed file.

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

MEANWHILE,
                          BACK AT THE RANCH...

Sounds like a quote from one of my favorite shows hehe!

Comment

• juxt
                            Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

I love this swivel!!!! thanks msD.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Heppsan View Post
                              Awesome work Dee, and great vids!!
                              Thanks, Heppsan. I'm having fun with that lighted swivel, as you can see:

Thanks Ms D, Im lucky enough to make a living from it lately : ]] Ive seen very cool stuff from you in the archives also...
                              Thanks for the higher-res poster. I'm glad you're able to make a living from it, tj. I have been in graphic design for over 30 years – probably since you were a gleam in your father's eye. I work for the local community newspaper, but they have been cutting my hours back to the point where I'm only working 2 days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

At the end of my work day on Wednesday, my boss called me in to her office to tell me that February 29th will be my last day with the company.

I will just have to make the best of it. Where one door closes, another opens, they say...

Originally posted by GTRYDER View Post
                              Just got mine in the mail, and posted a quick session on youtube. Very smooth, fast and quiet.
                              Wow! Thanks for posting a video! The more you work on it, the quicker it gets. You have a nice sturdy wall for your platform, I see. Is that a Title BLACK Pro bag?

Originally posted by juxt View Post
                              I love this swivel!!!! thanks msD.
                              Woohoo! Thanks, Juxt! You'll find that it works great for horizontal and vertical boards.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by MsDeville; 02-18-2012, 09:07 PM. Reason: added more info.

Comment

• Maple Leaf
                                Speed Bag Trainee
                                • Feb 2012

The swivel I ordered arrived today... It's beautiful!

Thanks MsD for a wonderful product.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...