X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • speedball708
    • Apr 2015

Lonsdale bag failure

Anyone else have a lonsdale 6×9 authentic seam split on them? Had mine for 4 days and was really enjoying it. Had it inflated to were you can push it in like an inch. Actually was considering firming it up a little bit since my title bags and pro mex bags are firmer and are almost a year old.
    Really disappointed, thought lonsdale bags wear top quality and it also took 2 weeks for it to be delivered from England making it more disappointing. I was actually shocked when I saw the split. I was ready to keep this bag on and not switch out for a while. I could of bought a 20$ bag that would've lasted just as long as this 75$ let down ! I'll think twice about ordering stuff from overseas again..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by speedball708; 05-01-2015, 09:54 PM.
  • speedball708
    • Apr 2015

Lonsdale bag

Bought it from a place called frugo. It came with a lonsdale mesh bag and at first it seemed great. Nice shape and a good rebound. I already sewn the split up with 20 lb braid fishing line and applied some shoe goo over the repair. Done this before and it seems to stop any further splits.But this has been the worst split and the fastest of splits I have dealt with so far. Most have been loose seems that I would just put some glue on to prevent a total blowout.I'll post a pic of the repair . The bag seemed to be an authentic lonsdale but maybe it's not. We'll see.
    Last edited by speedball708; 04-27-2015, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

Like Ralph said, we've experienced some counterfeit Lonsdale bags on the market. It's unfortunate, but anymore it's the buyer beware especially when ordering anything on line from a foreign seller.

Comment

• Zaza
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2011

I've had a real Lonsdale Peanut Ball for YEARS (4 yrs.) now...use it all the time, for hours at a time. It's one of my favorites. Still has the original bladder and all. Ms. Mitts (forum member) was kind enough to get it for me at 'Sugar Rays' in the UK and ship it to me. It's the real deal.
        Tuf-Wear Classic Brown Leather Speed Ball - Peanut Extremely fast and resiliant to challenge your hand-eye coordination, reflexes and hand speed. Hand crafted with genunie classic brown cow hide leather. Comprising of 8 panels and a nylon insert to reduce wear and tear to the ball. Tuf Wear branding embroidered to the ball for that extra classic look! – Available in a peanut and medium size

I get the feeling you might have a fake...mine didn't come with a mess bag.

Here's more information:

Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
        http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Niki Knuckles
          • Apr 2012

I followed the links posted. I saw my old post about the fake. High volume of history on this site. Mass quantity of knowledge...
          Don't buy your speed bag from the same place you buy your tackle box.

Comment

• speedball708
            • Apr 2015

Thanks for your reply. I'm a big fan of your you tube videos. Your style is smooth and precise. That's actually what influenced me to get a lonsdale. I saw your pick and my 6×9 is identical to yours. I'll download a pic asap and you be the judge. Thanks

Comment

• speedball708
              • Apr 2015

Nice, thanks

Comment

• stefoz
                • Apr 2015

another fake lonsdale

my lonsdale arrived today.exactly like speedball708 one.
                same bag same shape same writing.Does not feel real at all,

Family member brought it over from England as a present to me.
                Thank god i did not have to pay for it(still , waste of money)
                I emailed lonsdale in England .no reply
                i will post photos soon

Any of you dear members can recommend any of these sites ?

Tuf-Wear Classic Brown Leather Speed Ball - Peanut Extremely fast and resiliant to challenge your hand-eye coordination, reflexes and hand speed. Hand crafted with genunie classic brown cow hide leather. Comprising of 8 panels and a nylon insert to reduce wear and tear to the ball. Tuf Wear branding embroidered to the ball for that extra classic look! – Available in a peanut and medium size

I want to have an original one.

Comment

• BR55
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Aug 2015

I bought a Lonsdale from Sugar Rays, ordered the peanut and they sent a small, which is smaller than the peanut. It's a great bag, very fast, just not the one I ordered. When I called them on it they said Lonsdale doesn't make the peanut at the moment, I said it would have been nice if you told me that in advance. I didn't send it back because I love the bag, still want a peanut, but won't buy one with out seeing a picture first.

Comment

• stefoz
                    • Apr 2015

Had mine bought from sports direct in u.k. at first i thought it was a fake but it was not. i hammer it every day and it is holding very well.sports direct is now dealing with all lonsdale products.
                    Now i have ordered the new one from the N.Z site(cheaper shipping)

Comment

• BR55
                      Speed Bag Trainee
                      • Aug 2015

I love my Lonsdale, but the belly is smaller than a title 5x8, but it's longer, very fast, then next Lonsdale i get will be the peanut, it's what I thought I was getting in the first place.

Comment

• BR55
                        Speed Bag Trainee
                        • Aug 2015

2 Everlast 4200's 6x9, Fighting Sports 6x9, Title 5x8, Lonsdale small is the smallest.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by BR55 View Post
                          2 Everlast 4200's 6x9, Fighting Sports 6x9, Title 5x8, Lonsdale small is the smallest.
                          Which bag do you hit most often?

Comment

• dawa7771
                            Speed Bag Trainee
                            • Nov 2015

Stefoz... I checked out the site and they have great deals going on now but I don't see anywhere of the sizing of the bags. Do you have any info on the sizing?

Comment

• stefoz
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by dawa7771 View Post
                              Stefoz... I checked out the site and they have great deals going on now but I don't see anywhere of the sizing of the bags. Do you have any info on the sizing?

They say they have got only one size,but they wont give me measurements,
                              Anyway mine is arriving this week ,i will tell you exactly the size of it,

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...