• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Shep
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Nov 2015

Anyone else make this swivel?

Has anyone else try a swivel like the one "bretthl1" made? (Is he a member here?) I'm really liking how it looks but the price of the bearing has gone up considerably from when he made it (now about 22 bucks vs 10) I figure all said and done I'd probably be 3/4 of the price of a Deville swivel. Alas, the appeal of making a swivel is strong... What can I say, I love building my own things.

This is the swivel in question

Anyway curious as to what you fellows think, I'm building my setup and haven't decided on the swivel. My only experience is with creaky boxing gym chain-link swivels and I can't say I'm a fan, even though I can use them.
  • Speedbag Seaweed Man
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Apr 2015

Go straight for a ballhook type and save yourself the future hassle of switching to one. I use a Deville#13 and I really like it, the LTX ballhook is also highly recommended by baggers I know. There are a few types I believe. They are less cheeky than those U bolts -and do what their master tells them to.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag Seaweed Man View Post
      Go straight for a ballhook type and save yourself the future hassle of switching to one. I use a Deville#13 and I really like it, the LTX ballhook is also highly recommended by baggers I know. There are a few types I believe. They are less cheeky than those U bolts -and do what their master tells them to.
      I thought you had one of these to try... did you get one?
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Apr 2015

I'd be keen for a try on one, but until my Devilles have melted I won't have space to. Unless I build another drum. Or swap one out. But I am too loyal to do that -unless I put one in a time capsule for the next millennia of speedbaggers to scrap over. I'd scratch ''SSM woz here'' on it. Maybe a few cuss words toward the spammers on our forum too. They know who they are.

Comment

• Shep
          Speed Bag Trainee
          • Nov 2015

Does anyone happen to know the hole spacing for the Deville swivel? Is it a direct swap with the Everlast pro swivel?

I just ordered a Deville today, and I'm now just waiting on that to complete my setup. I do have a Everlast swivel I can toss on there for the week or however long it will take to get the Deville but I don't want to end up with a double set of holes...

Maybe I should just be patient

Comment

• Speedbag Seaweed Man
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Apr 2015

All of my Deville #13 are installed so I can't give you an accurate diagonal measurement, but the hole spacings side dimension is 52mm centre to centre. And it's a square. Hope that helps.

Comment

• Walker808
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Oct 2015

Swivel

Originally posted by Shep View Post
              Does anyone happen to know the hole spacing for the Deville swivel? Is it a direct swap with the Everlast pro swivel?

I just ordered a Deville today, and I'm now just waiting on that to complete my setup. I do have a Everlast swivel I can toss on there for the week or however long it will take to get the Deville but I don't want to end up with a double set of holes...

Maybe I should just be patient
              aloha , yes the #13 will fit. The LTX will not .

Comment

• Shep
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Nov 2015

Well gentlemen, I have completed my build. Here it is.

Comment

• Eric
                  • May 2014

cool set up

VERY nice looking !

Comment

• mirokiuru
                    • Jun 2015

Smooth! I really like shape of those holding irons and the deep brown wood drum!

Bag on!

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Great looking set up. For the guitars too!

Comment

• speedball708
                        • Apr 2015

The deville pattern is the same as all everlast patterns.I have both.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                        Working...