• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kyle
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2006

Videos from kyle!!!???

So i was experimenting with my phone video camera today to find thats its actully not that bad so i decided to make a couple vids. i gotta tell u i make alot more mistakes wen the video is rolling!!!
    heres me hitting the tko 10x7 (actually not a bad bag)

heres me hitting the rival 9x6

hope you like it and i promise next time ill make less mistakes hahah....really it was funny before i started rolling i was hitting perfect then hit record and fell apart...ah well next one will be better.

ps also thought ud like to see my outdoor setup in action. ill defiantly post a vid with snow in the back round when it comes!. also another excuse of why its not my best work. ive been mostly hitting the metal ball hook which i keep on my indoor platform so it does not get it rusty outside!
    Last edited by Kyle; 09-30-2009, 12:14 PM.
  • Biff
    Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

LOOK OUT, Kyle is in the house!!!!!!!!!! (Well, I guess not really in the house in these videos)

Great outdoor setup. I am jealous. I would love to bag outside, and that platform looks ROCK SOLID.

Nice job, Kyle.

Comment

• Kyle
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Nov 2006

its actually cool outside right now but its great weather to bag in. and the board on that is 2 peices of plywood biscuit joined together but it is still really solid.(not bad for left over wood from other jobs then about 2$ worth of bolts, nuts and washers..overall cost about 17$ because of the swivel) i think it will be a great vid with snow falling in the background. ill do a vid of my indoor setup in the next couple days. will probably have to use my spotlight so u guys can see though.

Comment

• spinsmashpop
        Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

The Outdoor Baggers Club is getting larger!

Originally posted by Biff View Post
        LOOK OUT, Kyle is in the house!!!!!!!!!! (Well, I guess not really in the house in these videos)

Great outdoor setup. I am jealous. I would love to bag outside, and that platform looks ROCK SOLID.

Nice job, Kyle.
        Cool Kyle! Great to see more of us posting clips!
        What is the last combo you are doing in the first clip? It has a different sound to it and I can't really make out what your arms are doing. Pretty cool.
        So who cares about the mis hits. It's the first clip and it's obvious you know what you are doing.
        Maybe try to take what you know and even it out; when weaving in and out of basic FCPs and going into elbows, reverses, and all that, try to keep the rebound rate the same (in your case, a little slower) to create a real steady rhythm that forces you to think about exact technique. I think that is the start of total bag control. All the Wizards of the Bag that we all love have this down.... (AK, Skunk, DEE, Scissorhands, Baggist, Paulie D, Showtime Johnny and many others...)
        Great job, thanks for posting. And great home made outdoor board! You are part of the small, elite group of "Outdoor Baggers!" (Scissorhands, Skunk, UK Speedbag, Boo, and a couple others I'm sure)
        BAG ON!

Comment

• Kyle
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
          Cool Kyle! Great to see more of us posting clips!
          What is the last combo you are doing in the first clip? It has a different sound to it and I can't really make out what your arms are doing. Pretty cool.
          its a phatom punch to a outward triple elbow strike...just recently been working on that one. trying to add another elbow on the end

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

couple more vids from my indoor setup.
            rival 6x4 baby bag

everlast 8x5 melon bag

maybe more to come in the next couple days now that ive got some vids out there maybe ill preform better on camera...also spin gonna try to slow its down that was some great advise i was getting ahead of myself in all my current vids theyll get better i promise haha

Comment

• metaldad
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Apr 2007

Kyle my man doin' it up!! First off, you one big dude!! Don't hurt 'em when ya hit 'em! Second, screw the mistakes, hard to concentrate sometimes when we know the camera is rolling. Are you lefty? Not that it matters, I'm just curious cuz when you were "pulling the rope" over the shoulder in the first vid, you were doing it from the right side. I always go over the left shoulder. Again don't know if it really matters.
              sigpic

Comment

• The Baggist
                Vert Baggin' Master
                • May 2009

FINALLY SOME KYLE VIDS!!!! I know sometimes when i tape vids it feels like i do about half as good as when its off!!!! Looks like you got some creative combos cookin man!!! Its cool to see that 6x4 in action. Not too many people have that one, thats one of my favorite bags to hit!!! Your outdoor platform is GREAT!!! 360 degrees of access around the whole bag!!!! Cool vids KYLE keep em comin

Comment

• Kyle
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Nov 2006

Originally posted by metaldad View Post
                  Kyle my man doin' it up!! First off, you one big dude!! Don't hurt 'em when ya hit 'em! Second, screw the mistakes, hard to concentrate sometimes when we know the camera is rolling. Are you lefty? Not that it matters, I'm just curious cuz when you were "pulling the rope" over the shoulder in the first vid, you were doing it from the right side. I always go over the left shoulder. Again don't know if it really matters.
                  ya being big helps in my line of work...lol...im a righty. who knows why we do it different???

Originally posted by The Baggist View Post
                  FINALLY SOME KYLE VIDS!!!! I know sometimes when i tape vids it feels like i do about half as good as when its off!!!! Looks like you got some creative combos cookin man!!! Its cool to see that 6x4 in action. Not too many people have that one, thats one of my favorite bags to hit!!! Your outdoor platform is GREAT!!! 360 degrees of access around the whole bag!!!! Cool vids KYLE keep em comin
                  ya i can turn off the vid and make little to no mistakes then just feel like im doin horrible once its rollin. aw well maybe my mistakes will make other ppl that are hesitant to post a vid. also thought ppl wud like to see how small that 6x4 really is.
                  Last edited by Kyle; 09-30-2009, 07:33 PM.

Comment

• Speedbag
                    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

I agree with the others, awesome outside setup and nice collection of bags. I would agree with Spin on his comment to even things out and keep the same rebound rate. You've got some good techniques and can do a few very nice combinations with fists and elbows but your bag speed, which is really set by your swing force, sounds pretty inconsistent in these clips. Maybe it's the camera and you're trying to hard, or maybe not. It sounds to me like the more parts your throwing (shadow FSP to Outward Triple ES = four punches: FSP ' OTES or R-L-L/R) the faster you go, and you did that pretty consistently - which tells me you're speeding up to get all the parts in, which makes the bag go faster, and by the end of the movement the bag is way faster than at the beginning, and a punch or so later you break down to start over. That is either a force control problem or a misunderstanding on how those techiques and combinations work. All the parts should connect with the same force to keep the bag at the same repetitive speed. If one part hits harder, the bag will go faster. It is a bit advanced but in time you will learn to swing a bit faster at times and still main the same force. For instance to pull of the above written shadow
                    FSP ' O-TES, you have to zip the first FSP off the bag and circle bag to end the O-TES, but you can't let that quick return add more power to that last punch. You have to learn to reduce the punch force a tad due to faster zip in speed. It's very subtle. In Punch Drumming I often explain that as "dead handing" the bag, to slow it down when you throw a lot of parts to fit them all in within the small space between music beats.

I would suggest a bit more focused practice on consistent punching force and speed control. You need to hone your control to yield a consistent repetitive rebounding speed or 30 seconds or more. A great exercise for you would be metronome punching, or what I call cadence punching. Have a click track or metrone (mp3, Ipod etc) click out say 60 beats a minute, or 70 or 80 etc up to 120, and have you punch directly in time to it. As far as skill development, that would serve you better than shadow Triples and back spinning elbows. Sure those are fun, But you need to be able to keep the bag going at a steady pace for 45-60 seconds first. That other stuff will be much easier if you can increase your repetitive punching control.

I'm not dissing your baggin'. You got real skills and a good feel for the bag. You just need a bit more consistency in your repetitive contacting power with the basic techniques. A few weeks of that and you WILL be smokin'!

keep posting video's.! Great to see you in action.
                    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                    The Quest Continues...
                    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Kyle
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                      I agree with the others, awesome outside setup and nice collection of bags. I would agree with Spin on his comment to even things out and keep the same rebound rate. You've got some good techniques and can do a few very nice combinations with fists and elbows but your bag speed, which is really set by your swing force, sounds pretty inconsistent in these clips. Maybe it's the camera and you're trying to hard, or maybe not. It sounds to me like the more parts your throwing (shadow FSP to Outward Triple ES = four punches: FSP ' OTES or R-L-L/R) the faster you go, and you did that pretty consistently - which tells me you're speeding up to get all the parts in, which makes the bag go faster, and by the end of the movement the bag is way faster than at the beginning, and a punch or so later you break down to start over. That is either a force control problem or a misunderstanding on how those techiques and combinations work. All the parts should connect with the same force to keep the bag at the same repetitive speed. If one part hits harder, the bag will go faster. It is a bit advanced but in time you will learn to swing a bit faster at times and still main the same force. For instance to pull of the above written shadow
                      FSP ' O-TES, you have to zip the first FSP off the bag and circle bag to end the O-TES, but you can't let that quick return add more power to that last punch. You have to learn to reduce the punch force a tad due to faster zip in speed. It's very subtle. In Punch Drumming I often explain that as "dead handing" the bag, to slow it down when you throw a lot of parts to fit them all in within the small space between music beats.

I would suggest a bit more focused practice on consistent punching force and speed control. You need to hone your control to yield a consistent repetitive rebounding speed or 30 seconds or more. A great exercise for you would be metronome punching, or what I call cadence punching. Have a click track or metrone (mp3, Ipod etc) click out say 60 beats a minute, or 70 or 80 etc up to 120, and have you punch directly in time to it. As far as skill development, that would serve you better than shadow Triples and back spinning elbows. Sure those are fun, But you need to be able to keep the bag going at a steady pace for 45-60 seconds first. That other stuff will be much easier if you can increase your repetitive punching control.

I'm not dissing your baggin'. You got real skills and a good feel for the bag. You just need a bit more consistency in your repetitive contacting power with the basic techniques. A few weeks of that and you WILL be smokin'!

keep posting video's.! Great to see you in action.
                      cudnt agree more...for some reason i tend to speed up elbows and have a hard tome coming out of them. im going to try to slow it down then throw another vid up or more advice!

Comment

• atgatt
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Nov 2007

Kyle, funny that you feel nervous in the vids when I feel so relaxed. Me on a camera don't mix.

Man, you have some power behind those punches too. Good work.

Your outdoor platform does not budge even with such hard hits, and your indoor platform looks so good it is a shame that you even use it. Do you clean it with Pledge at least? Wow it looks good.

Comment

• Kyle
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by atgatt View Post
                          Kyle, funny that you feel nervous in the vids when I feel so relaxed. Me on a camera don't mix.

Man, you have some power behind those punches too. Good work.

Your outdoor platform does not budge even with such hard hits, and your indoor platform looks so good it is a shame that you even use it. Do you clean it with Pledge at least? Wow it looks good.
                          i will use it way more in the winter because it is rock solid. and with the cold weather in the winter i will need to wrap my hands so my knuckle dont get messed up. and no i dont clean it at all but thank you for the kind comment i worked hard on the indoor platform...gonna upgrade the outdoor drum at the start of next summer...(ie not cheap plywood and thicker.)

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...