X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • REB
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Jan 2017

Curious about one thing with the bag. The air valve is at the top, right? Where do you get a bladder for this particular bag? Or can you?

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

That was one of the things with the vinyl bags. The bag was formed around the bladder. Kind of like a tubeless tire, although I never heard of anyone trying to patch one of these. They weren't on the market for that long, maybe a couple of years.

The table top bag with the so called suction cup base that Everlast sells is pretty much the same thing. Everlast sold an all plastic bag for a little while, it was part of their striking bag kits instead of using the 4215 & 4216 leather bags. These didn't have an internal bladder, it was essentially a really thick vinyl balloon.

Comment

• REB
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Jan 2017

Seems to me it would be an easier job of replacing the bladder with the air valve at the top

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

There was a period of time when that was done. A number of makers had the valve in the "neck" from the mid 1930's up through WWII. I can see a problem with those, if the inflation needle is a little too long it would have been possible to puncture the bladder.

Comment

• REB
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Jan 2017

Speaking of inflation needles,I am pleased that the inflation needle has not changed much since I was a kid. A very stable tool that has endured. However, I did come across these, which are new to me.....

PS...No mention of Speed Bags in their advert (The Yahoos)
            Last edited by REB; 04-30-2017, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• REB
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
              ...Great find, I always after time seem to bend my needles at the base, Thanks for letting us know, I booked marked your find and will order a few needles. Thanks
              Glad it helped out. I just got in a pack of 5 metal ones so I will wait a bit to try the Vevo's

Comment

• REB
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                ...I just ordered one of the Vevo pump and needle combos, I let you know what I think when it comes in
                Now that's a deal

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...