Anyone have experience with stone, marble or other rock surfaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aaronevansnz
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Oct 2009

Anyone have experience with stone, marble or other rock surfaces?

Hi All

To reduce vibration and increase responsiveness I have been considering using a rock platform. Has anyone had any experience using stone or some of the new rock kitchen countertop materials.

Very keen to hear of your experiences. I would think a flat polished rock platform 3 inches or 7.5 CM thick would be really solid.

Cheers!

aaron.evans@zeta.co.nz
  • ukspeedbag
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Nov 2007

Welcome to the forums. I'm sure someone else will come along who's used such a platform.

I've never used a platform as solid as marble or rock. Should imagine it would be superb but expensive too!
    How do you plan on supporting the heavy platform?

Comment

• aaronevansnz
      Speed Bag Trainee
      • Oct 2009

I have the following platform bracket and MDF platform. The MDF vibrates and does not rebound that well.

The way I see it a speedball will rebound much better against a stone surface. Like hitting a tennis bsall against a concret wall versus a wooden fence.

Anyone tried this?

Comment

• ukspeedbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Nov 2007

Have you tried putting some weight on top? This would be awkward with the type of set-up you have but, not impossible.

Comment

• Tim
          Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

Originally posted by aaronevansnz View Post
          Hi All
          Welcome to the forums!

To reduce vibration and increase responsiveness I have been considering using a rock platform. Has anyone had any experience using stone or some of the new rock kitchen countertop materials.

Very keen to hear of your experiences. I would think a flat polished rock platform 3 inches or 7.5 CM thick would be really solid.
          It's been talked about in the past, but nobody has actually tried it, as far as I know.

Give it a shot, and let us know!

Comment

• Kyle
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by aaronevansnz View Post
            Hi All

Cheers!

aaron.evans@zeta.co.nz
            ive always thought about this but never seen anyone do it. it would be crazy heavy but wud be awesome for bagging!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
            Working...