X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • florian 380
    • Nov 2012

Cracking Cletos ????

Anybody noticed a cracking on his cletos ??? my red one ( small ) starts cracking alover and its not used much yet !!
  • cmedinas88
    • Jan 2013

I was thinking about buying one of those.. that makes my decision easy

Comment

• florian 380
      • Nov 2012

Originally posted by cmedinas88 View Post
      i was thinking about buying one of those.. That makes my decision easy
      i would buy one !!!! One of the best bags ever
      i don't think that anybody had a problem with his cleto so dont worry .......

Comment

• cmedinas88
        • Jan 2013

Ya I want one but they are expensive. Don't want to fork over the money then have it crack

Comment

• Bag-A-Holic
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by florian 380 View Post
          Anybody noticed a cracking on his cletos ??? my red one ( small ) starts cracking alover and its not used much yet !!
          Where did you buy it? Maybe they will exchange or give you a refund. Even its after the normal guarantee date, try to contact them and explain to them, and show pictures of it, they should offer you a new bag.

Additionally, maybe put some leather conditioner on your bags, or mink oil, is also recommended by other members.

Ive never used anything on the bags untill I got my Heritage that came with the conditioner. Now I put it on all my bags.
          -Anthony

Comment

• florian 380
            • Nov 2012

Originally posted by Bag-A-Holic View Post
            Where did you buy it? Maybe they will exchange or give you a refund. Even its after the normal guarantee date, try to contact them and explain to them, and show pictures of it, they should offer you a new bag.

Additionally, maybe put some leather conditioner on your bags, or mink oil, is also recommended by other members.

Ive never used anything on the bags untill I got my Heritage that came with the conditioner. Now I put it on all my bags.
            i already put some on there . i dont know maybe its normal and it stops after that cracking my xs gets that ,too
            do you see any cracks in the leather on your cleto ??????

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

Yes my Cleto has loads of cracks!!! I think most bags get some along the way ,like a pair of good shoes!
              I have put some pictures in my album of my Cleto cracks it is still a great bag 4 years old and still going strong! (cant attach pictures here via my tablet) I would also recommend Cleto bags.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by fingers; 03-04-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• florian 380
                • Nov 2012

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                Yes my Cleto has loads of cracks!!! I think most bags get some along the way ,like a pair of good shoes!
                I have put some pictures in my album of my Cleto cracks it is still a great bag 4 years old and still going strong! (cant attach pictures here via my tablet) I would also recommend Cleto bags.
                yes thats exactly the cracks i mean !!! i think it is maybe the color or only the top of the leather that cracks and than it stays like that !! now i feel a little bit better !!
                thank you fingers

p.s. very good bags and top quality .would buy one every time !!!!

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by fingers View Post
                  Looks more like the painted covering cracking. That's pretty common on bags. I remember when we used to air them up and empty them after beating them to deaht, it happened quite a bit. I've seen it happen on a lot of different brands and I think certain "runs" or lots of bags have a tendency to do it, some don't regardless of brand. Pretty annoying but If the splits don't start peeling off it never seemed to hurt performance. Perhaps some leather treatment cream or oil may help keep it pliable.
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...