Speed Bag Guru
    • Sep 2018

Butch' swivel is so smooth it's on Delacruz control

Thanks again Butch! Lovin it
  • brdelacruz
    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Cazbag View Post

Great work on that fast little perilous bag! The swivel is as smooth as your hitting Zack. I'm glad that you and Jamieson both posted videos of my swivel. Although this swivel is for everyone to enjoy, it's nice to see them in the hands of two very skilled baggers. Thank you jaja6009 and Cazbag!
    Butch

Comment

• JoMan
      • Nov 2016

Wow that's some impressive baggin' skills!!!

Comment

• Cazbag
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Sep 2018

Thanks Joman! It's from awesome equipment, the speed bag bible, and all the vids on this forum. Pure fun stuff!
        Last edited by Cazbag; 10-29-2018, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• BagBoy
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Jan 2018

From what I can tell, and I could be wrong (in this video) the swivel sounds much quieter than I expected. Can't really hear any metal.. personally, I like that.
          Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• jaja6009
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Dec 2016

Your skill, a perilous bag, a great swivel equals some serious bagging. Awesome video.

And to think when I got back into speed bagging in winter 2016 I had a hard time finding a ball hook swivel. Now there are some great member made ones.

Comment

• Cazbag
              Speed Bag Guru
              • Sep 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
              From what I can tell, and I could be wrong (in this video) the swivel sounds much quieter than I expected. Can't really hear any metal.. personally, I like that.
              Out of the 4 ball hooks I have this is by far the quietest without any modifications. I have a swivel Tech, Forza, a Deville , and this beast. Now of course the swivel tech and the forza are pretty much the same and with the rubber washer in tact they are relatively quiet but those washer's disintegrated in time and without them are quite noisy and bring the clankety clanks. The Deville is relatively quiet with a thin strip of duct tape with a tightly stretched strip of electrical tape on the outside but with out that they can be pretty noisy as well. Butch did shorten the distance from the eye to the ball for me and perhaps that helps? It's an awesome piece. True smooth rebounds with minimal noise thus far!

Comment

• BagBoy
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Jan 2018

Out of the 4 ball hooks I have this is by far the quietest without any modifications. I have a swivel Tech, Forza, a Deville , and this beast. Now of course the swivel tech and the forza are pretty much the same and with the rubber washer in tact they are relatively quiet but those washer's disintegrated in time and without them are quite noisy and bring the clankety clanks. The Deville is relatively quiet with a thin strip of duct tape with a tightly stretched strip of electrical tape on the outside but with out that they can be pretty noisy as well. Butch did shorten the distance from the eye to the ball for me and perhaps that helps? It's an awesome piece. True smooth rebounds with minimal noise thus far!
                Thanks, I appreciate the info and that really answers any questions I have about that swivel. I like that he (Butch) customized it for you and I would definitely want the same.
                Certifiable SBX Attendee 2019

@SpeedBagaZebo

Comment

• Mydogsparty
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Oct 2018

Butch did shorten the distance from the eye to the ball for me and perhaps that helps?
                  On Butch’s swivel can you shorten the distance from the eye to the ball yourself with an allen wrench?

Does your preferred distance change depending on the size of the ball you’re using?

Comment

• brdelacruz
                    • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Mydogsparty View Post
                    On Butch’s swivel can you shorten the distance from the eye to the ball yourself with an allen wrench?

Does your preferred distance change depending on the size of the ball you’re using?
                    Hi Rick. I messaged you regarding your question on shortening the shaft. Thanks. Butch

Comment

• brdelacruz
                      • Jul 2018

Originally posted by Mydogsparty View Post

Cazbag's eyebolt is only shorter by about 1/8 of an inch from the other eyebolts I made. I don't think it affects the action or noise since there will always be metal on metal contact regardless of the eyebolt's length. You can adjust this by loosening the set screw and pushing the eyebolt to the fullest. You then need to file or roughen the part of the shaft that will contact the set screw for added grip. Last is to cut the excess of the shaft that will protrude from the top of the ball. Please double check the set screw for grip and tightness and lubricate as needed. Thanks and happy bagging to all!
                      Butch
                      Last edited by brdelacruz; 10-31-2018, 01:45 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

• Cazbag
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Sep 2018

The reason I wanted it a little shorter was just because I have been accustomed to hitting off swivels around the 3" mark and just going for that consistency is all.

Comment

• brdelacruz
                          • Jul 2018

Originally posted by BagBoy View Post
                          The very small, light and fast perilous bag might have contributed a lot to the swivel being quieter in this video. A heavier and larger bag might produce a little more noise. It is the nature of an old school metal ball hook swivel as most experienced baggers know. I also intend to set the ball and hook assembly to its shortest possible setting with a very small provision for adjustment if you want it a little longer. Also planning to tighten the linkage of the eyebolt and S hook a bit. I read somewhere in the forum before that it might further lessen some squeaking sound. It might also make the assembly a little more shorter. All work in testing and progress. Thanks to all the feedback from the ones who have it. Thank you!
                          Butch
                          Last edited by brdelacruz; 10-31-2018, 08:41 PM. Reason: Added info

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                          Working...