Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Platforms

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Platforms Tips and tricks for mounting your speed bag platform. Ideas, information, and examples of home made or customized platforms

Old 02-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
Examples of home built speedbag platforms

Some examples of home made speedbag platforms

Some recent examples:

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...2&postcount=25

http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...read.php?t=265

Last edited by Tim; 03-22-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
wut no respect for the canadian kids setup. jks
________
BUBBLER PIPE

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

Tim has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Nesticles View Post
wut no respect for the canadian kids setup. jks
I missed that one... sorry about that. I haven't been reading all the posts on the forum for the past few months. I've been working a lot of overtime. I've added it now
Old 03-27-2007, 02:25 AM

ninja420 is an unknown quantity at this point
Here are some pictures of a platform I built

I built this platform for my good freinds Matts birthday. Matt showed me how to hit the bag for the first time a couple months ago on his brothers bag. He himself didnt have his own board and bag. His brother was going to buy him the 70 or 80$ set up. I told him to have his brother just buy him a good bag and swivel and I would build the platform 60$ later I had this built I wanted to build the board a little thicker but wood is so expensive lol thought you guys might like to see it. I will post a video as soon as he gets his bag.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	speed bag platform1.JPG
Views:	8204
Size:	319.3 KB
ID:	79   Click image for larger version

Name:	speedbagplatform2.JPG
Views:	5384
Size:	356.6 KB
ID:	80   Click image for larger version

Name:	speedbagplatform3.JPG
Views:	6900
Size:	341.0 KB
ID:	81  
Old 03-27-2007, 07:49 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Chris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond reputeChris M has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Ninja, that's a really nice looking setup! Good job!
Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
Speed Bag Guru

jaguiler is on a distinguished road
Ninja - did you build the platform and the steel mount or just the wood ?

I am interested in the steel mount - and if that is home built - I can weld and I am looking for projects...

either way it looks great !
Old 03-27-2007, 01:16 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
yes he did jaguiler check out the thread he started to introduce his platform
http://www.speedbagforum.com/forums/...=2303#post2303
________
Web shows

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:07 PM

yes and if you or any one else would like info on how I built it or if you would like me build one for you just let me know the steel cost 60$ and the wood can range from 18$ to 200$ lol depending one thickness and species. what I built here is a near exact copy of the I box non adjusible platform exept where the drum conects to the metal frame I used a 12" round pice of steel insted of a 4x6 or 4x4 piece square piece of steel. And the thickness and matterial of the drum. Getting the angles down was the most challenging part of this project. Hope to hear more from ya folks
Old 03-27-2007, 05:12 PM

Big N. your rig is bad ass! It seems every pine 2x4 set up Ive seen on here seems super strong. Steel does make it nice though because you can get the same rigidness from less material.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:09 PM
Speed Bag Guru

thats the only thing its sturdy and strong now that i got sandbags on top but i just like the professional look of the steel. plus the steel provides alot less bulk
________
Live sex

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:18 AM.