Go Back   Speed Bag Forum > Platforms

Supporter Links & Advertisements

Platforms Tips and tricks for mounting your speed bag platform. Ideas, information, and examples of home made or customized platforms

Old 12-04-2008, 02:42 PM

andy302 is on a distinguished road
the bags just not rebonding fast enough ive tried my bbe bag and my golds gym bag thers no vibration through the board so the rebound should be really fast but its not carnt understand it. could anyone please tell me of a fast swivel mine are to klunky and hit very slow thanks ive been looking at the title deluxe pro swivel any advice on it thanks.

Last edited by andy302; 12-04-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:24 AM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
what swivel are you using now? I know of one swivel that just wont work. I looks like a fake ball hook swivel and is usually made by TKO. If you have been hitting the bag for a couple days now and theres still no change you most likely have a problem. A link to a website so we can see you current swivel would be great so we can give ya a hand. Also i cant say i have used either a bbe bag or golds gym bag. do they feel okay to u?
________
Vaporizer video

Last edited by Kyle; 09-11-2011 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM

posted pics of my swivels as you can see there not good i think thats why im not getting the speed there to big and bulky so ive orded the title deluxe pro swivel hopefully that will be much better what do you think? the golds gym bag feels really nice to hit thats a mediom bag and the bbe is a small they both feel good to punch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00269.JPG
Views:	632
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	355   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00271.JPG
Views:	608
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	356  

Last edited by andy302; 12-05-2008 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Speed Bag Guru

Kyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond reputeKyle has a reputation beyond repute
Ya those swivels are very long which makes the rebound are longer and thus cause a slow bag but saying that should still be okay to hit. Is the problem just speed or does the swivel seem to lock up every once in a while?
________
WEB SHOWS

Old 12-05-2008, 05:09 PM

no it doesnt lock up but its real slow lucky to get 5 bounces even when i hit it hard the board solid no vibration ive also got sand bags on top of the board one at the front and one at the back. Is the title deluxe pro a good swivel alot of members here seem to use it?im also thinking my platform might to thin maybe a thicker heavier platform might help

Last edited by andy302; 12-05-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 01:06 AM
Speed Bag Guru

if u can get a ball hook its going to be good. Maybe the swivels have bad barrings because after that its a mytery to me. My problem was vibration with my old unit but you say theres non so i dont think i can help ya. Might need to call CSI in for this one hahaha. just practice and see if you can get used to it is all the adivce i can offer ya right now.
________
GLASS WEED PIPE

Old 12-06-2008, 10:23 AM

ok thanks ill try the ball hook
Old 12-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Speed Bag Historian

Dutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud ofDutchman has much to be proud of
Is that five rebounds total, or off the back side of the board? Is the bag inflated adequately? It should be firm, but not rock hard. Generally speaking unless there was some really poor machining done on the swivel that style should give you fairly rapid rebounds.
Old 12-06-2008, 08:02 PM

5 total thats what i mean its realy slow ive got sand bags on top of the board theres hardly any vibration that why i think its the swivel ive orded the title deluxe pro swivel so hopefully that will be a lot better
Old 12-26-2008, 02:55 AM

Pegasos is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy302 View Post
ive just bought a golds gym boxing frame with back and speed bag the speed bag seems really slow i think theres to much vibration through the board any advise on how to cure it?

Well andy302, since you ask me, from the little experience i have with speedbags and speedbag setups i can tell you the following:

The problem that is causing you a slow rebound could be in the setup you use, in the way you hit the bag, or in the swivel. I would suggest you try to make the setup as solid as possible, make your technique as focused as you can (will improve over time) and try different swivels and speedbags in your training.