• Show
Clear All
  • ebozyn
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2010

Iconic Speed Bag Rack

Nice Rack
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ebozyn; 03-26-2012, 12:58 PM.
  • DarthPistachio
    • Mar 2012

I really love the old school designs that were built to last...
    Find out a lot about me by visiting these sites:
    Meshweaver - Fabsreptiles
    They say that 1,000 monkeys with 1,000 typewriters will eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare - now thanks to the internet we know this is not true....

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

That's more than likely a Naranganset Machine Co. platform, and yes they were built to take punishment and then some.

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

This was fun to watch. I watched it on YouTube and when it ended other videos that were taken at Gleason's Gym popped up, so of course I had to watch a few.

Would love to get my hands on that Dempsey drum... I guess I'll have to go to Brooklyn...

I'm wondering... are a lot of gyms painted in dark red? The gym I am working out of is red also. I find it hard to punch on a red speed bag with the dark red wall in front of me. But, that's just me...

Thanks for the post, ebo.
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• Zaza
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post

I'm wondering... are a lot of gyms painted in dark red? The gym I am working out of is red also. I find it hard to punch on a red speed bag with the dark red wall in front of me. But, that's just me...

Thanks for the post, ebo.
          Color affects mood. Red gives you the feeling of energy, vitality, aggressiveness and anger. It also raises your heart rate.

Why do you thing Tiger Woods always wears red on the last day of a tournament?

Why does the woman in a red dress turn heads?

Why are Red Robin burgers SO good? Yummmmm
          Art of the Bag - A Speed Bag Story
          http://www.artofthebag.com

Comment

• Speedbag
            Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Zaza View Post
            Color affects mood. Red gives you the feeling of energy, vitality, aggressiveness and anger. It also raises your heart rate.

Why do you thing Tiger Woods always wears red on the last day of a tournament?

Why does the woman in a red dress turn heads?

Why are Red Robin burgers SO good? Yummmmm
            Sure, and why is it Little RED robin hood, not little blue robin hood,

why is it "RED rover, Red Rover, let (za za) come over", and not Green Rover?

Why does hollywood role out the RED carpet before every event?

Why is this song Lady in Red" and not lady in earth tone beige.

Why do people turn "red" when they are mad, or embarrassed?

Some how I imagine that all that RED is making the other colors green with envy, and red is not happy about that....

(too much coffee...)
            Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
            *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
            The Quest Continues...
            Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Sure, and why is it Little RED robin hood, not little blue robin hood,

why is it "RED rover, Red Rover, let (za za) come over", and not Green Rover?

Why does hollywood role out the RED carpet before every event?

Why is this song Lady in Red" and not lady in earth tone beige.

Why do people turn "red" when they are mad, or embarrassed?

Some how I imagine that all that RED is making the other colors green with envy, and red is not happy about that....

(too much coffee...)

ha ha ha... "lady in earth-tone beige..."

So, are you saying that your "wit skill level" is elevated when drinking coffee, Alan?

... I wonder what would happen if you drink RED BULL?
              sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
              I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• juxt
                Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                That's more than likely a Naranganset Machine Co. platform, and yes they were built to take punishment and then some.
                correct. you can't see in the NMC logo in the video but i seen the logo on it when i went there. it even has a hole going through the platform, i guesse where the rope when through at some point.

i wanted to use the NMC but the swivel i had didn't match the swivel base. there other platforms are nice too. A lot of the members there enjoyed my unorthodox speed bagging. A lot of the trainers didn't lol. It was a good time though.

Comment

• Speedbag
                  Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
                  ha ha ha... "lady in earth-tone beige..."

So, are you saying that your "wit skill level" is elevated when drinking coffee, Alan?

... I wonder what would happen if you drink RED BULL?
                  I am not allowed to Drink RED BULL because I'm already full of it and not allowed to go over the "Bull" limit in Texas (probably the only state to have a "bull limit" ....... unless your the governor don't get me started)
                  Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                  *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                  The Quest Continues...
                  Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                  Working...