• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riqal
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Aug 2006

Everlast plastic ballhook on eBay!!

Saw this on eBay. Thought you guys might be interested.http://www.ebay.com/itm/everlast-pla...EAAOSwWxNYr1Wy
  • HipSlap
    Speed Bag Trainee
    • Feb 2013

I bought a few of these a few years ago, for, I think, about $7 or $8 apiece.

This dude's must be gold-plated.

Comment

• Dutchman
      Speed Bag Historian
      • Jun 2006

This is just what happens when something that there is still somewhat of a demand for is no longer in production. It's not perfect, there are some minor issues with it but if you know that and what to do to correct them, it's not a bad swivel, even for $24.

Comment

• JoMan
        • Nov 2016

I had one of these sitting around and I just ordered a brass ball to replace the plastic original & so far so good!!!

Comment

• rdshackleford
          Speed Bag Guru
          • Oct 2016

lmao!
          @ArcSwivel
          #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• JoMan
            • Nov 2016

Are these any good?

Comment

• sportsteresque
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Feb 2017

everlast plastic ballhook on ebay

I would be interested in finding out where to order a brass ball. I have an old everlast steel that I would like to replace with brass but don't have any idea where to go to get one? Also need a new ballhook as I modified mine to get a thicker loop on more easily. Can they be ordered from someone?

Comment

• sportsteresque
                Speed Bag Trainee
                • Feb 2017

Thanks for the tip. I won the auction but haven't received the swivel yet. Thanks again.

Comment

• sportsteresque
                  Speed Bag Trainee
                  • Feb 2017

I still would like to find a new ball hook for my steel everlast or maybe some of those plastic caps that are on the de ville 13 swivel. I shortened my original a little too much and keep losing the bag. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

I do not know if this link has been posted on the forum or not. But to be sure I am posting it here. It is a ball bearing supply house. I have used them a few times for various projects. i recently received 3- 3/4" brass ball bearings drilled. plan to use them to make a jump rope. Here is the link if anybody could use it.

Comment

• REB
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Jan 2017

Originally posted by REB View Post
                      I do not know if this link has been posted on the forum or not. But to be sure I am posting it here. It is a ball bearing supply house. I have used them a few times for various projects. i recently received 3- 3/4" brass ball bearings drilled. plan to use them to make a jump rope. Here is the link if anybody could use it.

http://bearingballstore.com/
                      They have Delrin bearing balls as well. Now I am curious if a Delrin ball would make my SwivelTek better? Since the SwivelTek has a Delrin seating collar in it? I dunno yet

Comment

• REB
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by ventanakaz
                        The problem you might have would be the weight of the ball, That was the problem with the Everlast plastic swivel, The ball was to light with the cheap lightweight eyebolt and S-hook, (this is what made the ball assembly float in the housing and made it more difficult for beginners) Of course it was made in china so it was crap, But the plastic base of the everlast was pretty good, All you had to do with those swivels was swap out the plastic ball and cheap lightweight eyebolt and S-hook, or you could just swap out the plastic ball if you couldn't get your hands on a better quality eyebolt & S-hook.
                        I see your point about the light weight of a Delrin ball being an issue. My thoughts were only of the (possibly more ) smooth action of a Delrin ball. Now I am thinking of a brass eye bolt with a brass hook to have added weight. Of course the brass items would have to be made. (Just thinking out loud).

Comment

• Dutchman
                          Speed Bag Historian
                          • Jun 2006

Brass is too soft, it will wear out relatively quickly. Steel is the only option for the hook and eye, you can use brass for the ball tho.

Comment

• REB
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
                            Brass is too soft, it will wear out relatively quickly. Steel is the only option for the hook and eye, you can use brass for the ball tho.
                            Good points made and will be factors in the event that I test a Delrin ball in a SwivelTek with the Delrin fitting. And to know it would be of a temporary use.. All this just for a few grins
                            Last edited by REB; 03-14-2017, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                            Working...