X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • goju
    • Aug 2009

as soon as i get the all clear from the wife ill go for it mike, your a top bloke

Comment

• MikeTarheel
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by goju View Post
      as soon as i get the all clear from the wife ill go for it mike, your a top bloke
      Ready to Go Here.

Comment

• goju
        • Aug 2009

Finaly, after waiting almost 10 days i got my Speed Bag Bible. Just had a quick look through it and its like starting all over again lol.. But i have to say what fantastic job you done there alan.. now i know what all the fuss is about. cant wait till the morning to get stuck into the book and the bag.

Comment

• biguglybear
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
          That shipping rate is ridiculous - it's a very small box.
          Yeah, no kidding--I ordered this too, and it cost $18 to ship it up to me to Virginia (from North Carolina). But if that's what Alan recommends, I figured it would be worth it.

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

A Definite "MUST" for all Speedbag Enthusiasts!
            T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• TJ_MaTee

• Nov 2009

Originally posted by spinsmashpop View Post
              No joke! This is an amazing deal! You get more than enough info which touches on every aspect of speed bagging! Alan makes it fun, easy and informative all in very organized fashion!

Order now and get hip!
              BAG ON!
              "A "DEFINITE MUST" for all Speedbag Enthusiasts!"
              T.J. MaTEE'[/U][/U] u:

Comment

• spinsmashpop
                Speed Bag Wizard

• Nov 2008

Originally posted by cupid0110
                i like small bag.
                Originally posted by cupid0110
                but i like big bag in winter,small bag in summer.
                Hey! It's Cupid! Cool! Please post some vids up of you on your big and small bags!!!!!
                I am so happy I have nothing to do with the business you're in! Your ridiculous posts have actually made me happier about myself, and I was having a bad day!!!!!
                Thank you Cupid!!!!
                It's Spring... I like Medium Bag!!!!!!
                Medium BAG ON!!!!
                Last edited by Tim; 04-08-2010, 06:55 AM. Reason: Neutered quoted spam links.

Comment

• Jordan
                  • Jun 2009

hahahaha nice

Comment

• newbagger
                    • May 2010

New swivel

Originally posted by MikeTarheel View Post
                    I just received my Speed Bag Bible and DVD in today's mail - WOW! I am IMPRESSED. I have read up to the all-important Chapter 3, but now I have to get back to work .

I got the swivel two days ago and have it up and ready. The new swivel Alan suggested is superior to the Everlast/chain link swivel I've had because the new ball-hook seems to provide much more fluid motion - already I can keep the bag going much longer. I will delve into the book and try to correct any bad habits.

Count me as Another who Highly Recommends the acquisition of this book/dvd set!! It seems VERY COMPREHENSIVE and VERY WELL THOUGHT OUT. I look forward to learning the techniques and discussing on the forum. Thanks, Alan.

Hi Mike. I looked at Alan's evaluation (plus your opinnion) of the new swivel and it looked awesome. Do you know if the mounting holes line up with the Everlast chain-link (which I have just started out with)? Thanks for your input. Steve

Comment

• jumpcannon
                      Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

whats with the 4 dvd set? is it alot more combos and stuff than the bible set?
                      evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Speedbag
                        Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                        whats with the 4 dvd set? is it alot more combos and stuff than the bible set?
                        Yes.

The 4-DVD set was a way to focus on certain areas of bag punching AND add the Advanced chapter information. Be aware that the DVD's have a different technique order than the book. The book, in chapter four, covers the "seven basic techniques", that include the four punches from the front (FSP, FCP, FDP, F-Roll) and the three outward Elbow Strikes (O-SES), (O-DES), (O-TES). I did that in the book for several reasons. First, all are from the front (easier than linking front to back) and it gets the elbows involved early. But that was a lousy order for videotaping. So I ordered the techniques differently on the DVD's.

DVD-1 covers equipment and seven basic punching techiques, 4 from front, 3 from behind.

DVD-2: a review of 1. then All 12 Elbow Strikes.
                        DVD-3: a review of 1,2. Then all six Side Techniques and mixing all front back & sides.
                        DVD-4: review 1,2,3. Then advanced topics in Chapter 10.

The series DVD's have a bit more explanation, (imagine that..) a few more combo's, longer slo motion segments and a bit more hitting to music. DVD 4 actually has a ending with me hitting to two or three songs, because I had about 20 minutes to kill. I actually shot a "Punch & Ride" segment (how to add an upright cycle and create 4 workouts) to add several years later, but never re-edited the master S-VHS tape with it.

I normally suggest that IF someone has the single comprehensive training DVD (two hours, 24 techniques), than they might just get DVD-4 for the advanced information. The single comprehensive DVD information is the same as DVD-1,2,3 but much quicker explanations. For example in the single DVD I cover all 12 elbow strikes in about 45 minutes, and have almost two hours on DVD-2 "Elbow strikes". If you see the 45 minutes, then I doubt that adding another two hours of mostly the same information, is going to help. Unless, of course, you just like to see me yaking about the speed bag..... I've never been short on doing that

I'm thinking that you have the single DVD already, (? right?) and would probably only need DVD-4, which I do distribute separately as a companion to the single DVD. In that case, the review on the front of DVD-4 would be covering the 24 techniques of the single DVD.

I do know that the local human shelter runs the 4-DVD series continuously in the "dog housing area" to calm them down, keep them occupied or put them to sleep. The cats just never seemed interested and they leave the TV's on animal planet. go figure.
                        Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
                        *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
                        The Quest Continues...
                        Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• jumpcannon
                          Creator of the Powermill Evil Swivel

• Jul 2010

i dont have any of em...i watch and learn how to hit from youtube clips....but would rather do the bible method instead. i will probably just get the basic dvd and see what it covers!
                          evilswivel@yahoo.com

Comment

• Joe
                            • May 2010

Very timely post... Alan I sent you a pm for details to pay. I am looking for the book and dvd's.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by jumpcannon View Post
                              i dont have any of em...i watch and learn how to hit from youtube clips....but would rather do the bible method instead. i will probably just get the basic dvd and see what it covers!
                              The basic DVD will cover a bit on equipment and 24 techniques and basic combinations using them. Plenty of information to keep you busy for a week or so.
                              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by HomerFett View Post
                                Very timely post... Alan I sent you a pm for details to pay. I am looking for the book and dvd's.
                                Great HomerFett. I'll be looking for it.
                                Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                                Working...