• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Spamming posts not allowed.

Just a short note to members, old and new. Dropping links in forum posts that are not related to the specific topic under discussion- or this forum in general - will get your posts and membership deleted. We have fought long and hard to keep this forum meaningful, helpful to those interested in speed bag training. We do allow for a certain amount of good nature "G rated" fun, but dropping non-related links to online gambling or adult rated material in these forums will get your profile and posts deleted. It got pretty bad in here for a while and participation dropped. For that reason a few of us older members will immediately report to the Administrator of the forum by posting links to that profile and having them deleted. Tim has gotten very friendly and quick to make them disappear.

Nobody here is the internet police but if your purpose for joining and posting is to lure members to outside and non-related material. Please find another forum.
    Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag
  • rdshackleford
    Speed Bag Guru
    • Oct 2016

What is the best way to report spammers to Tim? PM? Is there a report button?
    @ArcSwivel
    #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by rdshackleford View Post
      What is the best way to report spammers to Tim? PM? Is there a report button?
      I normally send him a PM on facebook. Their profile is usually deleted in 24-48 hours. If they try to come back under other names and try again he has other methods to "nip it in the bud".
      Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
        Speed Bag Guru
        • Oct 2016

Well, I am not a real person, so I will leave it up to you and others to PM tim on facebook. Here is an easy way to nip it in the bud, delete all new members. lol
        @ArcSwivel
        #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Well I am not a real person, so I will leave it up to you and others to PM tim on facebook. Here is an easy way to nip it in the bud,

delete all new members. lol
          That's a little drastic

Only 1 in about 20 newbies are spammers. We had a rush of a few back about a year ago, and every other post had ridiculous links to all kinds of stupid stuff, leather bags (purses), loan companies, gambling sites and adult stuff etc. some cleverly disguised, others not so much.

Anyway, if someone continually puts that stuff in a few posts, ....they're gone and I for one don't feel bad about it.
          Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
            Speed Bag Guru
            • Oct 2016

Out of the last 20 members who posted at least once, I count 5 spammers and 2 suspicious. LayRong, paylituzu, harry56, JohnSale, andyson, BobbyV and susan3786. Some of the other recent members with 0 posts have suspicious names like admissioninfo, admissioninfo45, all part of the same spammer group, or all the same sob.

Also, why is LayRong still posting his garbage? That's rong. So very very rong.

-Rusty
            @ArcSwivel
            #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Out of the last 20 members who posted at least once, I count 5 spammers and 2 suspicious. LayRong, paylituzu, harry56, JohnSale, andyson, BobbyV and susan3786. Some of the other recent members with 0 posts have suspicious names like admissioninfo, admissioninfo45, all part of the same spammer group, or all the same sob.

-Rusty
              Members with zero posts are not posting spam, they are just inactive. If they spam, they may disappear. As for a few of the others, they have been notified politely to stop. Some have nothing original to say, they just steal a line from someone else's post and repost it. That's not really spam, just immature.

again, I am NOT the forum administrator. When Tim is notified of someone posting junk - he may review their posts and make his own decision. It's all up to him in the end.
              Last edited by Speedbag; 06-29-2017, 07:45 AM.
              Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• rdshackleford
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2016

again, I am NOT a real person. But these last 5 in 20 new members are spammers: LayRong, paylituzu, harry56, JohnSale, andyson. I hereby notify the admin, because I know of no other way to do it.

again, I am not the admin, speedbag is not the admin. In the end, thy will be done. again.

-Rusty
                p.s. we should have a speedbag admin. speedbags are fast and good for hand-eye coordination and good cardio training. I like what you post here. keep up the good works.
                @ArcSwivel
                #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

• REB
                  Speed Bag Guru
                  • Jan 2017

again, I am NOT a real person. But these last 5 in 20 new members are spammers: LayRong, paylituzu, harry56, JohnSale, andyson. I hereby notify the admin, because I know of no other way to do it.

again, I am not the admin, speedbag is not the admin. In the end, thy will be done. again.

-Rusty
                  p.s. we should have a speedbag admin. speedbags are fast and good for hand-eye coordination and good cardio training. I like what you post here. keep up the good works.
                  I feel there is a need for a member that frequents the forum practically daily, to be given Super Moderator privileges in order to kick the trash to the curb as soon as it appears.

Comment

• REB
                    Speed Bag Guru
                    • Jan 2017

He is a Mynah bird troll..... He cuts and pastes other members already posted statements. LOL So original that F'n guy
                    Last edited by REB; 06-29-2017, 04:07 PM.

Comment

• jaja6009
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by REB View Post
                      He is a Mynah bird troll..... He cuts and pastes other members already posted statements. LOL So original that F'n guy
                      Well according to his last cut and paste he is a female looking to get some heavybag work in.

"I am a female 140 lbs looking to purchase my first heavy bag. I am a beginner so I need some suggestions of which one to buy. I want one that has a loop on the bottom for me to tie down."

Hilarious. LOL

Comment

• REB
                        Speed Bag Guru
                        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jaja6009 View Post
                        Well according to his last cut and paste he is a female looking to get some heavybag work in.

"I am a female 140 lbs looking to purchase my first heavy bag. I am a beginner so I need some suggestions of which one to buy. I want one that has a loop on the bottom for me to tie down."

Hilarious. LOL

Indeed

Comment

• Biff
                          Speed Bag Wizard

• Feb 2008

I contacted Tim this morning about the new batch of spammers. I gave him the list Rusty compiled. He can take a look at their activity.

It looks like LayRong cuts and pastes and then adds inactive URLs to his posts which do not show up in the posts. He's just trying to increase traffic to these sites. But spamming nonetheless.

Let's hope Tim gets here soon.
                          Last edited by Biff; 07-01-2017, 06:00 AM.

Comment

• paranday
                            Speed Bag Guru
                            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Biff View Post
                            I contacted Tim this morning about the new batch of spammers. I gave him the list Rusty compiled. He can take a look at their activity.

It looks like LayRong cuts and pastes and then adds inactive URLs to his posts which do not show up in the posts. He's just trying to increase traffic to these sites. But spamming nonetheless.

Let's hope Tim gets here soon.
                            Thanks for your effort. And Tim's.

Comment

• rdshackleford
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Oct 2016

I looked up BS posts from the last 30 members for BS links, but thanks. Good job Biff and Tim!
                              @ArcSwivel
                              #ArcSwivel sigpic

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...