• Show
Clear All
  • nav2809
    • Jul 2011

(not really) heavy bag work

just me messing around and warming up

• nav2809
    • Jul 2011

o ye apologise for the sideways camera and also for the music in the back, i think it just drones out everything lol, so turn ur bass down (awful)

Comment

• Hannibal
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by nav2809 View Post
      o ye apologise for the sideways camera and also for the music in the back, i think it just drones out everything lol, so turn ur bass down (awful)
      you need a heavier bag. If I was going to critique you I would say slow it down, speed will come. Work on your combos and technique. You should be sticking the jab not floating it, and following up with some bombs. That is why I recommend a bigger bag. More resistance forces you to slow it down and focus on technique. Oh and the music is not too loud. Bass away. One of the best parts of hitting the bag is jamming to the music and letting it all go.

Comment

• nav2809
        • Jul 2011

ur definitely right i never find im hitting the bag hard enough with my jabs wich is ANNOYING

just need to save up for a heavy bag (hence the title of it being a fake heavy lol)

til then i will slow it down like ya say and improve on that thankssssssss

Comment

• fingers
          Speed Bag Guru
          • May 2008

Nav! you may find this of interest...me on the 100lb bag age 50!!

Last edited by fingers; 07-31-2011, 02:21 PM.

Comment

• nav2809
            • Jul 2011

WOW man u got sum BOMBS goin on there!

nice bag i need one

also just checked that vid where u are 'trying the 6x4'...question, i have some SOFT block bricks (if thats a good way to describe em) as the walls of my garage where i have the speedbag setup, what could i do to reinforce my platform so there is ZERO vibration like urs?

i cant bolt things in there properly because of the soft block, if you see my setup (other thread) you can see what i have done, got blocks of wood on the inside and outside of the wall and then bolted the whole thing, and then put sand bag on top, even there there is vibration, waiting for my fighting sports speedbag but even then i KNOW there wont b the greatest rebound

wherebouts in england u from buddy?

and any tips on my bag work? thanks

Comment

• fingers
              Speed Bag Guru
              • May 2008

hey Nav! i got a piece of kitchen worktop from a skip and glued it to the drum, drilled glued and bolted them to the frame (you will need longer bolts) i used an old army kit-bag filled with rags on top, the fighting sports is a top quality bag so good choice there. check out my album on my home page you can see the drum close up!

I am in Devon......the English riviera!! lol.

Comment

• nav2809
                • Jul 2011

ah balls ur so far!

and i will be looking through the neighbours rubbish for scrap wood then woop! and it seems a solid enough platform so il look for that definitely

thanks for the help mate i got my fighting sports bag today and its nice but the platform (and i believe swivel) aint making life easy with the bag still rebounding RELATIVELY slow to vids iv seen online, so basically going to have to redo the entire thing which is GAY seeing that i could have just used the 40 quid i spent on that kak platform set on something more worthwile!

in effect iv forked out for the brackets!

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                Working...