X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Vertical Punching with a Title "Big Blue" Bag

I had a request from a forum member to post a video of my partner, Raul, working out using the big blue Title bag. This video also shows off his latest speed bag platform. He calls it the Quad Vertical Platform. We've been using it all summer. We have it set up in the yard between the house and the garage. It's been a hot, dry summer this year, so he made it so we can workout under an umbrella. Every time we walk by, we stop and hit the bag for a few minutes.

Anyway, in the video, Raul starts out on the large red Cleto, and at about :35 seconds in, he's punching on the big blue Title bag for a couple minutes. He loves this workout. I think he said it's easier on his shoulders. It's a powerful workout. I've punched on that bag, and it takes A LOT of work to keep it going. There's a technique, and I think Raul has it down pat. Anyway, here a sampling of Raul's vertical speed bag workout:

(That's our old dog, Jessie, and… yes, that's a duck quacking in the beginning and waddling around in the background.)

sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
    I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts
  • Speedbag
    Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

That is a very cool idea, ...the portable vertical punching box. I like it and lets you access swivels of different heights quickly. Great Idea.

hmmm.... where did you get those wonderful ballhooks?

Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
    *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
    The Quest Continues...
    Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
      Speed Bag Guru
      • Sep 2009

It takes a lot of power to keep Big Blue going. Nice work Raul !

Comment

• AtTheCross
        • Dec 2012

very kewl, love the elbow work
        1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

XMarkfitness platform
        Active Bags: - N.O.S. Ringside 4x7 - N.O.S. Ringside Tear Drop 5x8 - Balazs Lazer 6x9
        DevilleSwivel No.13 - Horizontal
        Powermill Evil Swivel - Vertical (to be installed)
        Retired Bags:
        Pro Mex 5x8 - Everlast 4214 7x10

Comment

• cmedinas88
          • Jan 2013

Nice video

Comment

• spdyTommyT

• Apr 2010

Awesome workout Raul!! I haven't been on the vert for awhile but now, you made me hang a swiv and get back on it. Thanks!! When do I get to hit on that setup? Great build, Great design, super sturdy, and inexpensive, Awesome!! And thanks for the Deville swivel. You two are the best!!!;
            The Speed Ball should be in every hall

Comment

• Thor
              Speed Bag Trainee
              • Aug 2013

Whoa that elbow and fist roll is ...

Killer.

Comment

• rehamco1
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Aug 2013

big blue

like the platform on wheels...looking for way to mount bag low so can punch it from a sitting position with the bag hanging free so it is not so hard to keep going...any ideas?

Comment

• juxt
                  Speed Bag Trainee

• Jun 2010

quad vertical platform? unbelievable

cool elbow+fist combos. I see the dog like to chill out and watch you bag

Comment

• nah
                    • Jul 2013

creative.

Never tried vertical platform, but I'd love to one day.^!^

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Vertical Punching with a Title "Big Blue" Bag

Originally posted by nah View Post
                      Never tried vertical platform, but I'd love to one day.^!^
                      Hi nah. It's really easy to set up a vertical platform. All you need is a sturdy wall, and a swivel that you can screw into the 2x4 wood stud in the wall. YOu can also attach it to a door. Try it. You'll like it!! It's a great workout. It works your leg muscles because you have to use them to keep the bag moving properly.

I'm going to try to post a video of myself hitting Big Blue. Let me tell you – it's TOUGH! I spent only 5-10 minutes trying to move that blue speed bag on the vertical drum and my leg muscles ached that night!
                      Last edited by MsDeville; 08-26-2013, 10:55 PM.
                      sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
                      I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                      Working...