X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CMP
    • Jan 2012

I had a good time....

Thanks to everyone on here for inspiring me to downsize my bag and try something really challenging...5x8 miss hits and all included at no extra charge
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.......Bruce Lee
  • PunchDrummer
    • Jan 2012

Nice! I like your ring! That has to be a blast, and it sounds great.
    I'd love to hit on a setup like that sometime. Takes me back.
    Keep them coming please.
    Kevin

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

Looks like a great set up and nice bagging. Got to love that classic rebound ring. That ring has a very quiet sound and the swivel is probably completely quiet.
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Very cool, CMP! Is the timing a little different when punching on a ring/string setup? Did you have to adjust your punching rhythm to the small bag due to the longer hang and swing-time on it? (Does that make sense?)
        sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
        I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• CMP
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by MsDeville View Post
          Very cool, CMP! Is the timing a little different when punching on a ring/string setup? Did you have to adjust your punching rhythm to the small bag due to the longer hang and swing-time on it? (Does that make sense?)
          Hello & Thanks.
          I just set up my normal speed bag so I don't have a lot of time on it to compare too, but they seem to react differently! Right now with the small bag there is about 5" of rope between the bag and the swivel housing so it reacts very different then a "stamped" steel swivel. My plastic Everlast swivels just arrived and we are in a cold snap so it will be a few days before I get back outdoors.

The rope is pure freedom but it makes no noise so I can't find this "rhythm" that you and ALan K use for the punch drumming. The biggest difference that I see is that with the ring I can use a 5" x 8" all the way up to a 9" x 14" bag by just adjusting the length of the rope. My regular 24" set-up is maxed out with a 7" x 10" bag, not sure what is up with that? Maybe it is a bad design but the rebound board is very close to the wall mounts so it limits the max length of available bag space.

As far as adjusting how I hit the bag I try to hit the normal set-up the same way but the "throw" seems way shorter, I think by the end of the summer I will have a better idea of how they compare. There is a big difference between speed and reaction time from the 5x8 and the 9x14 so I have had to adjust how fast/hard I hit the bag and with the longer string it is harder to recover from a miss-hit

What size is your ceiling mounted board? It looks at least 32"? BTW I love that lighted swivel video, that is awesome
          Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.......Bruce Lee

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by CMP View Post
            Hello & Thanks.
            I just set up my normal speed bag so I don't have a lot of time on it to compare too, but they seem to react differently! Right now with the small bag there is about 5" of rope between the bag and the swivel housing so it reacts very different then a "stamped" steel swivel. My plastic Everlast swivels just arrived and we are in a cold snap so it will be a few days before I get back outdoors.

The rope is pure freedom but it makes no noise so I can't find this "rhythm" that you and ALan K use for the punch drumming. The biggest difference that I see is that with the ring I can use a 5" x 8" all the way up to a 9" x 14" bag by just adjusting the length of the rope. My regular 24" set-up is maxed out with a 7" x 10" bag, not sure what is up with that? Maybe it is a bad design but the rebound board is very close to the wall mounts so it limits the max length of available bag space.

As far as adjusting how I hit the bag I try to hit the normal set-up the same way but the "throw" seems way shorter, I think by the end of the summer I will have a better idea of how they compare. There is a big difference between speed and reaction time from the 5x8 and the 9x14 so I have had to adjust how fast/hard I hit the bag and with the longer string it is harder to recover from a miss-hit

What size is your ceiling mounted board? It looks at least 32"? BTW I love that lighted swivel video, that is awesome
            It's 36"-inch steel. And it is actually a free-standing platform. It is welded to a 5" box tubing post runs 4 feet into the ground and is cemented in place. It's pretty sturdy, especially with the extra weight on top to keep the vibration to a minimum. I like the great rebound action I get from it. Oh, and thanks, regarding the swivel. That was all Raul's idea. (of course. )
            sigpic Contact me anytime for information about Deville Swivels Email: DevilleSwivels@gmail.com
            I'm also on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DevilleSwivels | www.facebook.com/SpeedBagAddicts

Comment

• CMP
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
              Looks like a great set up and nice bagging. Got to love that classic rebound ring. That ring has a very quiet sound and the swivel is probably completely quiet.
              It sure is quite in the basement, but my wife has been quite clear that it is very noisy throughout the rest of the house
              No baggin after 9pm....

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

It sure is quite in the basement, but my wife has been quite clear that it is very noisy throughout the rest of the house
                No baggin after 9pm....
                My wife tried that on me years ago and I reminded her it was my house..

But the couch was pretty lumpy so I apologized and took it back.

Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• Tim
                  Administrator and Founder of SpeedBagForum.com

• Jan 2006

No baggin after 9pm....
                  Same here... 9pm is the cutoff. I made a freestanding unit in my garage that greatly reduced vibration through the rest of the house, but at the end of the day, there really isn't a way to bag quietly.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                    Same here... 9pm is the cutoff. I made a freestanding unit in my garage that greatly reduced vibration through the rest of the house, but at the end of the day, there really isn't a way to bag quietly.
                    When I lived in Columbus Ga, there was a guy I knew who had a speed bag wall unit up in this apartment. He had the unit on an outer wall and had put a rug covering over the rebound area of his board to kill the bag slapping sound on the board. By today's standards I'd say it was a berber finish carpet. He used a chainlink swivel, which is a quiet swivel and it wasn't a bad set up. A bit slow, sure, but he could bag later at night and got few complaints. Sure, it was a bit slower than normal but giving up a bit of speed now and then is a small price to pay in comparison to "no bagging".
                    Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                      Speed Bag Guru
                      • Sep 2009

Wonder if one of these tire rigs would be quiet? C'mon, MsDeville, have your trainer invent a silent platform and call it "The Marital Bliss"
                      Attached Files

Comment

• MsDeville

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                        Wonder if one of these tire rigs would be quiet? C'mon, MsDeville, have your trainer invent a silent platform and call it "The Marital Bliss"
                        I've heard that working out on one of these will really tire you out...

Comment

• paranday
                          Speed Bag Guru
                          • Sep 2009

With a pun like that, I think I'll retire.

Comment

• Speedbag

• Feb 2006

Originally posted by paranday View Post
                            rebound board by Michelin?

It could work.

I guess one could "re-tire" their wooden board and use one of these...
                            Speed Bag

The Quest Continues...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• paranday
                              Speed Bag Guru
                              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
                              rebound board by Michelin?
                              Why sure, didn't you ever want to punch this guy? Did you ever see his baby photo?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                              Working...