X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tjgonz
    • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
    Man that swivel housing is beat down big time. Look how far the ball protudes down through the hole. I also notice the bottom of the ball is more beveled to a point than their last metal ball, which were flat across the bottom.

That is probably a seriously good swivel, with quality long gone from the evelast line of swivels.

What size allen wrench did you need for the set screw in that ball?
    Hey Alan, it was a 4mm allen head. All the threads are very clean I was suprised.
    BTW the ball is a full ball perfectly rounded with no flat spot on it.

Comment

• Speedbag
      Author of the Speed Bag Bible, founder of speedbagcentral.com

• Feb 2006

..What size is your board? Must be less than 24 inches 'cause I've never seen a bag pass that far beyond a stardard board. I wouldn't be pounding hard on that set up.
      Attached Files
      Speed Bag

Put a little Rhythm in YOUR workout!
      *attendee: Every SB gathering so far!
      The Quest Continues...
      Hoping for another Gathering...

sigpic

The Art of the Bag

Comment

• tjgonz
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Speedbag View Post
        ..What size is your board? Must be less than 24 inches 'cause I've never seen a bag pass that far beyond a stardard board. I wouldn't be pounding hard on that set up.
        It is the Everlase elite board 24 inch. Yeah the beginning of the bag belly barely reaches the edge of my board. This was just a test for fun, but yeah I'm going to have to go for a wider board somehow because it's so fun to hit this big bag..it seems like I was meant to hit this bag for some reason. My other bags feel too light, almost weightless on this swivel. Whats cool is my Title pro swivel can screw into this swivel's base also so it's all interchangeable

Bag measures 14 inches tall & 15 inches including the loop.
        Last edited by tjgonz; 02-09-2012, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman
          Speed Bag Historian
          • Jun 2006

You're going to need at least a thirty inch platform to accomadate that bag. Using it on your current platform is going to cause some serious damage to the leather due to the belly hitting on the sharp edge. I've got bags in my collection that have prominent marks all the way around from being used on an undersized platform, even moreso than the rebound rings.
          Yeah, hitting "old school" bags is a whole different experience, that's why I like the "big ones".

Comment

• CMP
            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by tjgonz View Post
            It is the Everlase elite board 24 inch. Yeah the beginning of the bag belly barely reaches the edge of my board. This was just a test for fun, but yeah I'm going to have to go for a wider board somehow because it's so fun to hit this big bag..it seems like I was meant to hit this bag for some reason. My other bags feel too light, almost weightless on this swivel. Whats cool is my Title pro swivel can screw into this swivel's base also so it's all interchangeable

Bag measures 14 inches tall & 15 inches including the loop.
            That's why I love my 9" x14" bags, they are slow but you can wail on them and they are just a blast to hit!! Nice bag, Nice swivel, like the others have said hold onto it regardless of how noisy it is, they are hard to find and they are a glimpse at what we all took for granted, USA products! A 32" or a 36" board should work fine with that bag. Let us know how it turns out.
            Big Board, Big Bags and a Rope Swivel
            Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.......Bruce Lee

Comment

• tjgonz
              • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              You're going to need at least a thirty inch platform to accomadate that bag. Using it on your current platform is going to cause some serious damage to the leather due to the belly hitting on the sharp edge. I've got bags in my collection that have prominent marks all the way around from being used on an undersized platform, even moreso than the rebound rings.
              Yeah, hitting "old school" bags is a whole different experience, that's why I like the "big ones".
              Originally posted by CMP View Post
              That's why I love my 9" x14" bags, they are slow but you can wail on them and they are just a blast to hit!! Nice bag, Nice swivel, like the others have said hold onto it regardless of how noisy it is, they are hard to find and they are a glimpse at what we all took for granted, USA products! A 32" or a 36" board should work fine with that bag. Let us know how it turns out.
              Big Board, Big Bags and a Rope Swivel
              Thanks Dutchman & CMP! I'm already getting the hang of the ball hook swiv, It has so much more motion than a standard swiv or the plastic ball I began on. It's a nice thing because it forces me to be more accurate on my hits to keep the bag straight. I'm looking for a nice slab to make a larger board, I do have some laminated counter tops laying around with faux burgundy marble but I'll have to measure the pieces. I love to feel the weight of the large bag I have to get another one asap. ANYONE KNOW OF ANY MODERN XL OR XXL BAGS FOR SALE THAT ARE QUALITY?
              Thanks

Comment

• ebozyn
                Speed Bag Guru
                • Oct 2010

Thanks Dutchman & CMP! I'm already getting the hang of the ball hook swiv, It has so much more motion than a standard swiv or the plastic ball I began on. It's a nice thing because it forces me to be more accurate on my hits to keep the bag straight. I'm looking for a nice slab to make a larger board, I do have some laminated counter tops laying around with faux burgundy marble but I'll have to measure the pieces. I love to feel the weight of the large bag I have to get another one asap. ANYONE KNOW OF ANY MODERN XL OR XXL BAGS FOR SALE THAT ARE QUALITY?
                Thanks
                TJ, If you haven't already, you may want to give one of these massive melons a try. They're 10x12 that's like the size of a 20 watt light bulb compared to that blue ribbon prize winning pumpkin you have there, but it's still a whole lotta bag hehe.

If i were to order this bag i would order the new bladder with it just in case it isn't as bouncy as i would like.

Great job cleaning up that swivel by the way.
                Attached Files

Comment

• CMP
                  • Jan 2012

Thanks
                  Aries Speed Bags are awesome, they are ULTRA soft leather and they rebound really well. Maybe I will break it out and shoot a quick video for you in the next few days. Very nice bags, their website states it is 10", my bag came as a 9" x 14".
                  One of the advanced guys on here ( Juxt ??) uses a brown one( not sure what size?) and you can see him hitting it in one of the films in the VIDEO Section under this title: Videos of G-Town, Juxt, and Donnie 1/28/12
                  Not my videos mind you, I just like his style of baggin and I though I saw him using an Aries bag both on a normal and a vertical board.

Don't concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory.......Bruce Lee

Comment

• Dutchman
                    Speed Bag Historian
                    • Jun 2006

Genesport in Quebec sells bags that are larger than "big blue". I haven't hit one so I can't say what they are like, just for reference.

Comment

Speedbagforum.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
                    Working...